IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is bob arum racist or imcompetent..., when it comes to promoting black fighters?
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 17 2013, 01:39 AM) *
Bob Arum is a study in audacity. They should have classes at University on this guy: "The Science of Being A Pr*ck". He is certainly a racist. His speech is that of a racist. Rigo is a "SOB", while Donaire is the "Kid". His favorite "endearment" for his (or anybody else's black fighter) is "SOB".

This.

And this. And the latter (the bigot part).

great observation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 17 2013, 09:27 AM) *
I don't necessarily think Arum is racist. It's just his addition to marketing. You seen too many black fighters at the top, so he's trying something different with fighters like Pacquiao.

I think someone here mentioned De La Hoya and Mayweather, the difference between them is that De La Hoya was a more popular fighter in the amateurs and won a gold, while Floyd was less popular and won a bronze, so I don't see how race plays a factor there. Arum also didn't want to feed Mayweather to De La Hoya (I think for $20 million Floyd asked?) because Oscar and Arum had a following out (remember?) and Arum didn't want to do that kind of money with Oscar anymore.

I also recall Arum going on about how Mayweather was the next Ali, and promoting him as such, but Mayweather eventually bounced because Arum was trying to sell him short, like what he did to Oscar and now is doing to Pacquiao.

the ground work for oscar had already been laid in the olympics. he won the gold for his mom who died of cancer. amazing story. all arum had to do after that was make sure he matched him appropriately. oscar's skill made that somewhat easy. floyd..on the other hand need more work and promotion...but imo had more skill than oscar so the matchmaking was even easier. arum likes to think of himself as an oldschool promoter who 'builds them up properly.' i've yet to see him do that with a black fighter.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 17 2013, 06:18 AM) *
I boycott those shows. I call those shows modern day Step and Fettish, but the difference was those guys were acting these hoochies and coons who are on these reality show actually think their behavior is somehow appropriate. They need to realize that they are free but shit some slaves loved the plantation.

So true, making the race and our culture look foolish for a damn check

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2013, 08:36 AM) *
Right. Half of those hoes are on the show wearing expensive flashy clothes, and driving nice cars...all because some sucker wifed them up or knocked them up. Most black chicks think it's cute to mimic that shit, only because they love drama. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

#Dead

That's the problem today, any man that finds a woman that's humble and not into all that stuff is someone I consider lucky. Instead of working hard, some of these chicks looking for a quick come up

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2013, 01:53 PM) *
the ground work for oscar had already been laid in the olympics. he won the gold for his mom who died of cancer. amazing story. all arum had to do after that was make sure he matched him appropriately. oscar's skill made that somewhat easy. floyd..on the other hand need more work and promotion...but imo had more skill than oscar so the matchmaking was even easier. arum likes to think of himself as an oldschool promoter who 'builds them up properly.' i've yet to see him do that with a black fighter.

All truth in this statement...I hope he does something good with that kid Crawford, I see good things in his future

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 17 2013, 05:35 PM
Post #46

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 15 2013, 07:15 PM) *
The market does explain it. I wanted to say racist but more that he just hated Blacks because he still be riding on Latinos and Asians. I would say Pinnoys but he has taken a liking to Zou Shiming but it all has to do with that $$$.

NBA and NFL does have the demographic on lockdown, i think it has to do with how Commercial they are compared to Boxing. The rising Black stars is lacking compared to Basketball and Football and Boxing isn't on TV as much. On ESPN the only thing i hear on there is Floyd Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Its sad how much ESPN slacks on Boxing. And you dont really see boxers balling out like all these other sports stars. You have Floyd being Flashy actually showing you can get money in boxing (If he had Endorsements he would be killing it). Them showing Boxers with small houses in regular neighborhood isnt really motivating anyone to take the beating in the ring if they aint getting much money to ball out .

The least he could have said about Rigo was "He is the best at 122", just said he is skilled but not entertaining. What an idiot, he should have blamed the entertainment on Nonito being scared to throw punches because he either missed or got hit with that Left hand. But he the hate seems alittle apparent, this dude is a 2 time gold Medalist and dominated the champion at 122 and is now the New champ and the Best at 122 and is called not entertaining. He shouldn't even have commented on that. Disrespectful.

I either haven't read around enough but anyone who saw the fight just said that Rigo did his thing and Nonito didn't know what he was doing. Nonito even said he got schooled. I was even surprised when my Cousin was saying how those judge's cards were too BS, He's a Nonito fan and he's Filipino.

word first round draft picks be getting paid millions of dollars before they even play a game.

boxers don't get paid near that much when they are prospects.

thats why basketball and football are the biggest sports in the black community. in baseball you have to go through the minor legaue.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #47

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 04:34 PM) *
That's the problem today, any man that finds a woman that's humble and not into all that stuff is someone I consider lucky. Instead of working hard, some of these chicks looking for a quick come up

I call 'em "flat-backers"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 17 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 12:35 PM) *
All truth in this statement...I hope he does something good with that kid Crawford, I see good things in his future

If his last name was Cruz he would be fighting for a major title.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2013, 07:16 PM) *
I call 'em "flat-backers"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm telling you know...I'm stealing that. I'm going to the club asking where's the flat backers at (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 17 2013, 10:14 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 17 2013, 09:44 PM) *
If his last name was Cruz he would be fighting for a major title.

I sadly have to agree with that. I do see alot of people including Arum saying that boxing is a mexican sport now and to an extent it's somewhat true but not to toot the horn of my own race, but the blacks are the best fighters in the sport

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 06:59 AM