IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lucas Matthysse: If/when he beats Danny Garcia?
BoxingEinstein
post May 19 2013, 05:23 AM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Here's a clear cut question I have been yearning to ask of people as a boxing fan, one from another. Should Lucas be in the Top 10 or Top 15 P4P for if/when he beats Garcia in impressive fashion?

I say take out Donaire, move up Rigo and move up Lucas in 11 cusps of the Top 10. IMO

What ya think?

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: May 19 2013, 05:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 19 2013, 05:58 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

I'm not talking about p4p rankings. That's like asking for a persons opinion on music. Each person has their own personal bias.

However I do feel as though everyone is underestimating DSG and that's who I'm rooting for although I give the edge to Matthysse. Not accusing anyone of anything but there better be drug testing for this fight.

If boxing didn't have so much politics id also love to see:

Matthysse vs. Providnikov/Rios/Alvarado

I wonder if Broner will go after the top at 140 if he wins his fight with Paulie.

P.S. - did anyone see how Richard Schafer sucked Mattysses dick yesterday in the post fight interview?! Balls in his mouth and all... Damn let Mattysse breath. Schafer makes me sick you're a promoter of both guys. I understand you wan a specific fighter to win because you know they will generate more money but keep that shit discrete you're a professional.
In the epilogue to Mayweather Guerrero Leonard Ellerbe was begun inning to annoy me as well talking about "I'm making more money than your son". Let the fighters trash talk. Let the trainers trash talk. Goes back to the ether that Gabriel Rosado laud out on Ellerbe- "nothing more than a spit bucket man in a suit".

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 19 2013, 06:06 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 19 2013, 05:58 AM) *
In the epilogue to Mayweather Guerrero Leonard Ellerbe was begun inning to annoy me as well talking about "I'm making more money than your son".

RG's father started that bullshit with saying that LE looks scared. The money response was actually quite spot on and funny. The whole locker room scene was hilarious imo.

Anyways, for some reason, same as C'shel, I am not sold on Matthysse no matter who he fights and in what style he wins a fight. He is a good fighter and all and that's ok but i can't see him getting bigger. However, I would not rank him at any particular place but I think he is in TOP 15 P4P...... although I don't really give a damn about P4P.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 19 2013, 06:07 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 19 2013, 06:09 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

If he stays at 140 I think he could dominate if he beats Garcia

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 19 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

To answer your question: P4P list is a popularity contest. Hell some list still have Manny P. in the top 5! So that tells you that bias exist. Lucas has a great resume and his KO percentage is the best in boxing. But you also have to put asses in the stands and be marketable. That is the part he needs to work on. I like him as a fighter and I think he takes Danny to school.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 19 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 19 2013, 05:23 AM) *
Here's a clear cut question I have been yearning to ask of people as a boxing fan, one from another. Should Lucas be in the Top 10 or Top 15 P4P for if/when he beats Garcia in impressive fashion?

I say take out Donaire, move up Rigo and move up Lucas in 11 cusps of the Top 10. IMO

What ya think?

It will solidify himself as the best 140 pounder, yeah.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 19 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I really like Matthysse , he's a beast i didn't think the fight would end so fast but i did think he would beat Peterson. I love how they traded hooks but Matthysse just ate it and gave Lamont a faster and stronger hook that just made him forget he even threw the hook and Lamont was the one on steroids (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . To me he already is top P4P, definitely the best at 140 for me.

But he can be beat by someone who is smart, strong, and fast. For someone to beat Matthysse they will need to be a boxer who can box all 12 rounds and has a great i repeat GREAT defense, they will need to be strong enough to rock him and keep him at bay because this dude just doesn't stop, the speed will be a key factor with being in and out on him. Matthysse is one of the best brawlers out there now, him and GGG are in the same category for me but Matthysse has accomplished more professionally for now.

I don't think Danny Garcia beats Matthysse, not for 1 second. I like Garcia but hes bloody at the end of every fight. Matthysse has been destroying his opponents and looking good doing it. I just dont think Garcia can survive the war. Matthysse has people fighting his fight even before the fight starts.

This would be a great fight for Broner to prove he is Elite. If anyone can CLEARLY beat Matthysse then he is a forced to be reckoned with.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 19 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What is a P4P list?

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 19 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 19 2013, 11:51 AM) *
What is a P4P list?

Lmao! I understand that morbid hype inducing fanboys have destroyed the meaning and status of the P4P thing. P4P to me is a wide variety of things but only certain fighters are in that category. It depends on level of opponent, skill level, performance wise how effective were they,weight class and classes

. Lucas has most of the boxing world on red alert with his performances. I think no one thought Peterson was going to get starched like that, the man has proven to be very durable. I thought Lucas was going to lose by close decision since Lamont is an all around good fighter.Everything he's done is proving me wrong.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 19 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #10

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 19 2013, 11:07 AM) *
I really like Matthysse , he's a beast i didn't think the fight would end so fast but i did think he would beat Peterson. I love how they traded hooks but Matthysse just ate it and gave Lamont a faster and stronger hook that just made him forget he even threw the hook and Lamont was the one on steroids (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . To me he already is top P4P, definitely the best at 140 for me.

But he can be beat by someone who is smart, strong, and fast. For someone to beat Matthysse they will need to be a boxer who can box all 12 rounds and has a great i repeat GREAT defense, they will need to be strong enough to rock him and keep him at bay because this dude just doesn't stop, the speed will be a key factor with being in and out on him. Matthysse is one of the best brawlers out there now, him and GGG are in the same category for me but Matthysse has accomplished more professionally for now.

I don't think Danny Garcia beats Matthysse, not for 1 second. I like Garcia but hes bloody at the end of every fight. Matthysse has been destroying his opponents and looking good doing it. I just dont think Garcia can survive the war. Matthysse has people fighting his fight even before the fight starts.

This would be a great fight for Broner to prove he is Elite. If anyone can CLEARLY beat Matthysse then he is a forced to be reckoned with.

Agreed, although can Broners chin hold up for 12 rounds would be the gamble. Broner likes to punch it out but he has shown some defensive techniques that can help save him from taking punishment or getting KO'd.
I dont see no one at 140 beating him, he forces exchange by either switching his fighting hand (he's right handed but dropped and stopped Lamont with all left hooks) , put on non stop pressure, his power seems to have a build up or concussive effect, has a great chin, and he isn't gun shy. Whoever boxes for 12 rounds will have to deal with his power at some point it all depends on their durability.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 09:28 AM