IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bradley vs Marquez, This year just keeps getting better!
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Chsels I want my damn money! I told you Marquez or Bradley wasn't fighting Pac!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

People seem to be giving Marquez almost no credit? Thinking TB will easily win this while people forget Marquez is more likely than not one of the best Mexican fighters to have ever lived, and he doesn't exactly follow the blueprint for a Mexican fighter.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 06:08 PM) *
People seem to be giving Marquez almost no credit? Thinking TB will easily win this while people forget Marquez is more likely than not one of the best Mexican fighters to have ever lived, and he doesn't exactly follow the blueprint for a Mexican fighter.

I actually think its marquez fight to lose. If he thinks he found a hole in bradleys game from the ruslan fight and comes in with the one shot mentality Bradley has a chance to outwork and outbox him. But if he just goes in there and does his thing I think he can win by decision or maybe even knockout thanks to his power improvement.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 05:58 PM) *
I dig this match-up! And concur. Good assessment, Max. And if it gets signed, I'll be extra happy that both guys are sticking it to Pac & Arum, for making both of them wait on rematches. AND because Arum has continued to state that Marquez was fighting Pac next, despite JMM continually saying otherwise.

The fighter should be the boss...not the promoter....but the guy risking his life and his legacy. I will have all the more respect for JMM and Tim,if they follow through on this.

that's what i want to see playout. i hope arum doesn't shit on this.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 18 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Nice. I know Arum is super pissed.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If the Bradley that fought against Provodnikov shows up then Marquez wins, but if Bradley boxes and fights smart I think he takes it on points

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 18 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Good fight for both guys, i expect a lot of fireworks in this one. I'm putting my money on Bradley to win a decision and remain undefeated.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Interesting fight but I still don't know if it is going to happen. I also hope it isn't HBO PPV. That is a very average PPV event unless Arum packs the undercard.

How many times have we heard Floyd Mayweather say it? "If it don't make dollaz den it don't make cents". (is that how he would tweet it?) Pac brings Bradley/JMM far more money. We will see what happens...

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 19 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #19

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I dont see it happening either. No way JMM is passing up on another lottery to fight a no draw for a couple of million.

If it goes down I have Bradley winning by SD.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Chsels I want my damn money! I told you Marquez or Bradley wasn't fighting Pac!

Guys, I hate to be a debbie downer, a kill joy, the bearer of bad news, a douchebag, take your pick...

But, did anybody see Arum's name anywhere in the article? I know that Arum has Bradley/Provodnikov, JMM/Pac V, Alvarados/Rios III, in the holster and has the right to play them accordingly, but this seems a bit strange to me.

Marquez mentioned that two names were returned to him, but from whom? Hell, we've seen this before. As many games as Arum, Roach, Marquez, etc has been playing over the past couple of months, it's hard to gauge which one is the truth, which one is fluff, and which one is a flat out lie.

How much do we think Juan is going to make in a Bradley fight? I doubt if he even makes more than $3M...and what was he asking for? $10M or more? Me thinks that he's posturing Bob a bit. Oh yeah, has Manny said anything as of late? Nope. Usually when Marquez is an option for him, he plays stubborn (which he does horribly), and gets quiet as if he's upset that he has to fight him again.

If you think about about it, a Bradley fight for Marquez and an Alvarado fight for Manny, are "cruise" fights. I mean "cruise" as in, smoking the weed first, then smoking the cigarette shortly after, to keep the high going. Why not smoke the weed first (JMM/Pac V), then cruise with those relatively easy fights afterwards?

Remember, Manny and Juan are fighting each other for that last shot at supremacy (translation: for money), not fighting to see who gets Bradley and Alvarado next...that's totally backwards. Did anybody forget that it's just April? Now, if it was July, then I'd believe Marquez, but it's waaay too early. Again, I believe JMM is being a hard ass and posturing Arum, the same way Arum is posturing Vegas with the whole, "I'm taking Manny's fights to Macau" nonsense.

We can go on and on about how these 6 guys (Bradley, JMM, Pac, Alvarado, Rios, Provodnikov) do against each other, but let's forget that Manny still brings in all of the money. As crazy as this sounds, JMM is still a safe fight for Manny at this point. Let's not forget, Manny was beating Juan pretty badly before the KO. Juan was looking old in that fight...honestly, he looked better in the 3rd fight, he just had better moments in the 4th...well, two moments that counted the most.

Arum's Big Six (fighters) can work for him, but really, all of those guys were in hard fights and are still licking their wounds as we speak. All of them took bad punishment in their recent fights with each other, so this willy-nilly stuff that Marquez is talking, has yet to be determined as fact. His B-side fighters (Rios, Alvarado, Bradley, Provo) still have time, but Manny is probably on the fence (gun shy and seriously contemplating retirement), Juan isn't exactly Benjamin Button here, and they're both frail, so Arum has to strike while the iron still has a bit of heat left on it. As much as Arum lies, I'm actually waiting to hear what he has to say about this.

Bob just may take his chances with this fight, but I can't imagine a Mexican Independence weekend being thrown away for a JMM/Bradley fight. I mean Tim did put on an exciting fight with Provo, but how many caption pics did we see swarming over the net after that fight? None. Now, Manny being laid out, seemed to go viral (I hate that word, lol) rather quickly. So, the people that actually missed the KO loss, will be sure to try and catch it again this time around, or see if Manny can do things differently. Who knows...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:58 AM