> Floyd and Bob, Friends Again
emd01
post Sep 5 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #21

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 03:37 PM) *
I think it is two grown ass men acting like grown ass men. Why make an ass of yourself when you do not have to. They are two businessmen who have mutual respect for each other. I don't think they will be going out and talking on the phone with each other. This is nothing. Arum already said a decade ago that Floyd was a damn beast so this is no surprise. They were at a function that did not call for all the BS. Hell, Roach even said that Mayweather was the best boxer of the game. So does that mean Freddy wants to train Mayweather or thinking about dipping out on Manny? No. Floyd knows Arum is a crook but why state the obvious? The platform was not meant for bashing, just respecting boxers accomplishments.

You can say this now but a year ago they were acting like anything but grown businessmen when one or the others name was brought up. He said Floyd was the best when he was signed with TR but after he left he's had nothing but bad things to say about him and the other way around. I just find it awful funny theyre getting so chummy just when Floyd is going to need another fight that sells. Who else can Floyd fight after Canelo that could compare to the numbers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 5 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

^^^^^^

People grow and change. Everyone is banking on Pac to do really well against Rios. That shit might now happen. Nothing is going to break the hype that is May and Saul. Pac and May are way past prime for this fight. 09-12 was the time to make this fight, didn't happen. Hell, Matthysse would do good numbers and even Bradley would do good numbers. We have a super fight next Saturday, until Pac looks like he did 4 years ago, no one is interested. He has to murder Rios and I don't see him doing that, for a May . and Pac to even generate interest

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 5 2013, 09:27 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I must've missed something, if they've been talking nice about eachother I need links and proof of it. Or point me in the right direction to see this stuff. I only saw the Vegas induction and that looked like everybody really enjoyed eachother's company and had a good time

Time supposedly heals all wounds, so I can see them showing respect to one another

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 5 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Bob wants some of that "Floyd $$$$" and Floyd wants options to complete his Showtime deal, dropping the "potential" from the "potential $300M Showtime deal and ultimately, one step closer to retire 50-0. They've been cordial for the last few months...but that will as long as everything is going well for both guys. Let their be a hiccup in Floyd's camp or should one of the Bobfather's fighters unexpectedly lose, then the teeth come out.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 6 2013, 01:36 AM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 06:39 PM) *
i agree with his assessment. canelo has always had stamina issues. u ain't beating floyd fighting one minute of every round.

lewis/tyson was difficult being made because of the whole showtime/hbo thing...but they came together to get it done. they'll do the same here.

when?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 6 2013, 01:41 AM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 5 2013, 08:46 PM) *
^^^^^^

People grow and change. Everyone is banking on Pac to do really well against Rios. That shit might now happen. Nothing is going to break the hype that is May and Saul. Pac and May are way past prime for this fight. 09-12 was the time to make this fight, didn't happen. Hell, Matthysse would do good numbers and even Bradley would do good numbers. We have a super fight next Saturday, until Pac looks like he did 4 years ago, no one is interested. He has to murder Rios and I don't see him doing that, for a May . and Pac to even generate interest

may and pac would still do big numbers if both win their next fight

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 6 2013, 06:20 AM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

The relationship between Arum and Haymon hasnt changed. And hes the one that negotiates for Floyd. So I dont see them getting no deals done anytime soon.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 6 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2013, 03:39 PM) *
i agree with his assessment. canelo has always had stamina issues. u ain't beating floyd fighting one minute of every round.

lewis/tyson was difficult being made because of the whole showtime/hbo thing...but they came together to get it done. they'll do the same here.

It was an easy decision for HBO back then because Tyson was passed his prime and Lennox was the best in the division. Floyd is everything Tyson isnt. Hes got discipline. Tyson hated training Floyd is a gym rat. Too many positives for Showtime going on right now for HBO to think about combining resources. Showtime is already passing HBO this year in views. I dont see any collaborations happening anytime soon.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Sep 6 2013, 06:31 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 5 2013, 11:41 PM) *
may and pac would still do big numbers if both win their next fight

Pac has to win BIG against Rios. Like within 5 rounds big.Plus he needs a real name if he plans to fight Floyd next September. And the PPV wouldn't crack close to 2.0 million. Maybe 1.5 and but nothing more. Manny being put to sleep killed any real excitement for this fight.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 6 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #30

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 07:19 AM) *
Pac has to win BIG against Rios. Like within 5 rounds big.Plus he needs a real name if he plans to fight Floyd next September. And the PPV wouldn't crack close to 2.0 million. Maybe 1.5 and but nothing more. Manny being put to sleep killed any real excitement for this fight.

I think Manny has the perfect opponent in front of him to make him look like he's the old Pacman. If he stops Rios, something thats never happened before, it'll be like 2010 in this bitch all over again. Maybe not to the hardcore fan but the masses would still eat Mayweather/Pac up if he wins big in his next fight.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:10 AM