Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bryant Jennings??
The Original MrF...
post Jan 26 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I liked seeing him on HBO tonite. I think this guy is the truth. Much moreso than Deontay Wilder. i think this guy may be the best American in the game at HW. He's got size and incredible reach. I think he may match well with Wlad Klitschko sooner than we think. I dont want to see him rushed, but i think he's the best threat we've seen in years to take it to ole Klit... I hope so...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whyu1nunno
post Jan 26 2014, 03:23 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 14,106

Better than Tay Tay?? Cmon son. I love Jennings but really... Klits were going to WAR with Tay Tay in sparring for a minute.... Dude has an Olympic medal off of just a short time training.... Ain't nobody messing with the kid but I'm from Mississippi and we keep our Alabama brothers close lol... so I may be a bit bias. Also... Anyone who puts a vaginal gash on David Have 's face is a hero in my book. Just like with Jennings, I cant wait to see them in the ring with someone real. Malik Scott is a good continuation for Wilder but both guys will have to get put into the Lions den with one of the heavy hitters that have a great chin. Hopefully they perform well, as this is one of the HW matchups I'd like to see down the line. Jennings can box his ass off though. Good performance

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 26 2014, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

don't want to take anything away from bryant. i think he's got good movement for his size and slips punches well, but he looks like he's banking on the big power shot a lot, and doesn't set up his combos well. from the outside, i see him lunging in with his head open for the taking, and he doesn't utilize his jab enough esp with the reach you mentioned. against opponents like the klistchko's, it's gonna be difficult for jennings to use his style and establish the solid work he normally puts in on the inside. again, a strong contender, but i see wlad taking his head off with the 1-2 all day from the outside.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Jan 26 2014, 09:41 AM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 26 2014, 09:36 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Jennings has some physical tools but fights tentative and does not throw enough combos... His chin is suspect. I think Bermane Stiverne is a better contender and Stiverne would clean his clock- ko him

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 26 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Jennings is a good fighter but he lacks speed and his jab needs work.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 26 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

no doubt, he started boxing at 24, so of course hes gonna be lacking fundamentals, but i beleive he can catch up quickly, he has been so far. i think he could beat chris arreola

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 26 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Jennings don't have no size, he's a small HW and that's putting it mildly. If I had to compare him I'd compare him to a young Holyfield minus the PED's thought lol. But like Evan, I mean Evander lol, he makes up for what he lacks in work rate and determination. Plus like Evander he's never out of the gym, he stays in shape and ready to fight.

He has a nice left hook and a pretty good right hand but he better improve that foot work, it's not the worse but it'll need more work if he's to become a true force in the division. I like what I've seen from him thus far and I can't wait to see.more but right now he needs to start fighting some stiffer competition before he gets in their with the top tier guys and challenges for a world title. But I think he'd lose if he fought Stiverne and Deontay

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 26 2014, 04:01 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 26 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Throw him in there with Seth Mitchell

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 26 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought he looked very skilled an agile, but he looks very small for a HW.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jan 26 2014, 07:49 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 26 2014, 04:00 PM) *
Jennings don't have no size, he's a small HW and that's putting it mildly. If I had to compare him I'd compare him to a young Holyfield minus the PED's thought lol. But like Evan, I mean Evander lol, he makes up for what he lacks in work rate and determination.

Lmao

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 04:57 AM