IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Sr.'s Between Round Advise/Instruction very WEAK, Is Floyd Jr Really his Own Trainer & Cornerman himself?
Dolimite
post May 5 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 5 2014, 11:13 AM) *
I remember Sr told Floyd to sit down on his punches and that's exactly what Money did and it made the difference as he started to put his punches together. I think we underestimate the father-son relationship and the fact that no matter the family feuds or whatnot, Sr taught Floyd how to box. He knows him better than anyone else inside the ring. I am sure he doesn't even have to say shit for Floyd to understand what he needs to do. Same with Roger..I can't remember what fight it was but he didn't say ANYTHING during the whole minute and Floyd just went in and did what he had to do. Mayweathers are a smart boxing bunch. They know their shit.

Sad part is, they don't get the credit they deserves. Spot on post.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 5 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 5 2014, 02:13 PM) *
I remember Sr told Floyd to sit down on his punches and that's exactly what Money did and it made the difference as he started to put his punches together. I think we underestimate the father-son relationship and the fact that no matter the family feuds or whatnot, Sr taught Floyd how to box. He knows him better than anyone else inside the ring. I am sure he doesn't even have to say shit for Floyd to understand what he needs to do. Same with Roger..I can't remember what fight it was but he didn't say ANYTHING during the whole minute and Floyd just went in and did what he had to do. Mayweathers are a smart boxing bunch. They know their shit.

Absolutely hate this post...makes too much sense...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 5 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 5 2014, 01:13 PM) *

This

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 6 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

the OP said Roach gives clear instruction in the corner?... with all the shaking and stuttering how is that possible?

also, unless you are in the damn corner for the full amount of time, how can you actually base what is being said within the 10 secs the networks show you?

Sr was telling Floyd to sit down and dig... meaning middle of the ring, Floyd didn't listen and had his own gameplan

+Quote Post
DiamantHB
post May 8 2014, 03:47 AM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 13,861

QUOTE (TheCritics @ May 7 2014, 12:00 AM) *
the OP said Roach gives clear instruction in the corner?... with all the shaking and stuttering how is that possible?

Dude GTFO, what are you talking about. The man can speak just fine and is perfectly capable of giving instructions to his fighters.

QUOTE (TheCritics @ May 7 2014, 12:00 AM) *
Sr was telling Floyd to sit down and dig... meaning middle of the ring, Floyd didn't listen and had his own gameplan

Sit down and dig doesn't mean middle of the ring. It means stand your ground and dig your punches into the midsection (as opposed to arm punches)

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 8 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

no YOU gtf up outta here... I've seen Shaky utter 3 words in 20 seconds on numerous occasions

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 8 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (DiamantHB @ May 8 2014, 03:47 AM) *
Dude GTFO, what are you talking about. The man can speak just fine and is perfectly capable of giving instructions to his fighters.

Sit down and dig doesn't mean middle of the ring. It means stand your ground and dig your punches into the midsection (as opposed to arm punches)

it can mean in the middle of the ring, because of exactly what you said after that, standing you're ground. And digging can also be described as in fighting.

I'm not a big fan of roach, no secret. But he is incredibly hit and miss with his advice, Garcia is much better. If donaire actually trained with him for extended periods he could be elite with the physical skills he possesses. Look at Mikey, he isn't as fast and probably doesn't carry as much power in his division and he for the most part dominates.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 8 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

this ^^

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I think Mayweather had his own idea of how he was going to fight Maidana, and all Mayweather Sr, could really do was offer advice to supplement that strategy.

That's if you believe Mayweather fought on the ropes because he wanted to rather than because he had to.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 8 2014, 10:15 PM
Post #20

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 8 2014, 08:39 PM) *
I think Mayweather had his own idea of how he was going to fight Maidana, and all Mayweather Sr, could really do was offer advice to supplement that strategy.

That's if you believe Mayweather fought on the ropes because he wanted to rather than because he had to.

I believe it was a little bit of both, Maidana's pressure and Floyd's eagerness to stay there... do you think he couldn't tie him up and reset over and over?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:10 AM