IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao-Marquez IV-SPOILERS (Topics Merged), Should There Be a Fifth Fight? Poll Added!!!
Should Pacquiao and Marquez Fight a Fifth Time?
Pacquaio-Marquez V?
Yes [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
No [ 6 ] ** [60.00%]
Not Sure [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Kratza
post Dec 9 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #231

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 9 2012, 08:12 PM) *
It's apparently obvious that now that Pac is no longer considered this so called unstoppable and invincible force the public has been lead to believe he is that Arum is only interested in making money and will be more than happy to make a 5th fight between the two of them thus keeping Pac shielded from other potential fighters like Broner, Guerrero and the likes from knocking Pac the heck out too.

I see Pac going down the Roy Jones Road of KOs should he stay around and face anyone else besides JMM, i think Bob Arum knows now not to even think about trying to get a fight with Floyd, Broner is too technically sound for Pac, Guerrero has proven he's willing to stand and trade and is a taller fighter than Pac and he already lost to Bradley.

JMM 5 is the logical conclusion, it does the 3 things Bob wants most; 1. More money, 2. Keeps Pac's rep from sinking forward by shielding him from facing younger, faster and tough opponents who have skills, 3. If Pac wins a 5th bout it would give him some measure of redemption.

None of those fights would've happened anyway because of the Goldenboy-Top rank feud, but i see where you're coming from. Personally i think Pacquiao wouldn't have much trouble in winning against Guerrero but he would have to go to special places to beat Broner.

I hope that doesnt happen to Manny and i think hes smarter to let a Roy Jones Jr type career ending happen to him

And if there is a 5th fight i hope they give Marquez the credit and let him have the fight back in Mexico, he truly deserves it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 9 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #232

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 9 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Mayweather is a way bigger pay day. I heard marquez only got 6 mil for this fight, that's robbery bro he just keeps getting disrespected in so many aspects. First of all he's been forgotten in the mist of morales and barrera and now and days every Mexican boxing fan I know just talks about chavez Jr and Canelo. He's like forgotten. Theirs a lot of lucrative pay days out there for him (broner called him out, bam bam, Bradley, mayweather) and a very lucrative retirement if he wants to go off into the sunset on a high note. From what I know after the 3rd pac fight this fight was the only reason he didn't retire. Just my opinion here, he should take the mayweather fight, and get the pay day this warrior deserves (6 million?!?! Really???? Come on) didn't cotto make like 12 against Floyd??

I'm sure Bob Arum has an option on Juan's next fight, so the Mayweather fight could be a stretch. He want make 6 mil against Rios, Bradley, Peterson and whoever else they have on TR. Only pacquiao will get him paid

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2012, 03:39 PM
Post #233

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 9 2012, 03:18 PM) *
And if there is a 5th fight i hope they give Marquez the credit and let him have the fight back in Mexico, he truly deserves it.

That's some wishful thinking there, and Marquez would have a swinging set of balls to demand such leverage. Though he cleaned Manny's clock, marketability is still an issue between the two.

Let's not forget that Manny has the Bradley rematch in the holster, and a nice payday with Rios (which he was gonna get regardless of a win or loss this weekend). As a matter of fact, Manny's loss and JMM's win, gave a Rios fight THAT much more fuel. It will be another JMM/Diaz-type fight for Juan, and Manny will "appear" vulnerable against a guy who we know he'll fleece within 5 rounds.

In the meantime...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/pacbedtime.jpg)

Fuck it...had Floyd been floored like that last night, it would've been plastered all over the net with pride. I'll enjoy this while it lasts. I feel kiiiiinda bad for Manny, but not all that bad. Im sure that $20M will serve as a nice consolation piece for him.

Meanwhile, Floyd needs to stop sitting on the couch while these guys take each other out, then come back and claim to be the best. We're not dumb Floyd, the jig is up on your side too...people are tired of your shit as well.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #234

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

One more thing...why is Marquez getting shit from the media, HBO, and Pac's camp about PEDs??? Merchant stated his piece a few times last night, about Marquez's possible win being "tainted", and Lampley made a few remarks as well.

Roach is such a turd too. If you check those post-fight videos on the front page, he kept giving Juan back-handed compliments, and inching towards PED accusations, then taking them back.

Motherfucker was doing his best to sweep that shit under the rug when Manny was being accused...maybe because they had some serious money to make off of Manny. Now that the cash cow has been knocked out cold, they wanna subtly call for reinforcements and shit...save it Roach.

Honestly though....I hope Marquez is clean too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This shit sucks...EVERYBODY took turns at giving Juan shit about PEDs...in subtle ways, of course. Just a bunch of POS mofos who are mad that the Manny hype-train is coming to an end. I cant stand blind fans and the media, but to hell with them...they'll just find another hero's nuts to swing off of. I wont lie, the Manny Pacquiao Project ran a good course and made people rich.

Manny's not done, but he's getting more careless and is slowing down a bit. I saw shades of the Manny from the 2nd fight, but that reckless jumping around showed shades of the Manny in the 3rd fight. Cant wait to see Floyd's train derailed...he's been a cancer to the sport for a while too, but Many's fans hurt the sport too.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 9 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #235

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2012, 08:49 PM) *
One more thing...why is Marquez getting shit from the media, HBO, and Pac's camp about PEDs??? Merchant stated his piece a few times last night, about Marquez's possible win being "tainted", and Lampley made a few remarks as well.

Roach is such a turd too. If you check those post-fight videos on the front page, he kept giving Juan back-handed compliments, and inching towards PED accusations, then taking them back.

Motherfucker was doing his best to sweep that shit under the rug when Manny was being accused...maybe because they had some serious money to make off of Manny. Now that the cash cow has been knocked out cold, they wanna subtly call for reinforcements and shit...save it Roach.

Honestly though....I hope Marquez is clean too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This shit sucks...EVERYBODY took turns at giving Juan shit about PEDs...in subtle ways, of course. Just a bunch of POS mofos who are mad that the Manny hype-train is coming to an end. I cant stand blind fans and the media, but to hell with them...they'll just find another hero's nuts to swing off of. I wont lie, the Manny Pacquiao Project ran a good course and made people rich.

Manny's not done, but he's getting more careless and is slowing down a bit. I saw shades of the Manny from the 2nd fight, but that reckless jumping around showed shades of the Manny in the 3rd fight. Cant wait to see Floyd's train derailed...he's been a cancer to the sport for a while too, but Many's fans hurt the sport too.

Shel's on one LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
that picture made is too funny but seriously i doubt he is on PEDs just people assume you cant bulk up that much without PED usage
and who do you think is the guy to derail Floyd, because i don't see anyone in the near future doing it except Canelo

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 9 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #236

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Here's the fight if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvq7wk_ma...rt#.UMUCXayO7IU

HBO was swinging from Manny's nuts all night again! If I hear about fucking "Compubox" and Punchstats one more time........" Only Roy Jones made sense the whole night. The WORST "I really don't wanna be here anymore" commentary from Larry Merchant.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 9 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #237

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Really about the PEDs? The amount of shit Pac took when he beat Cotto and people to make it worse started believing it, then it happens to Marquez and people are like Jim Lampley in the end...

I mean when Mayweather Sr said Pacman was on PEDs a lot of people on this board ate his words up and asked for seconds, but if Roach says it, well that guy must be wrong. I think he is wrong, but just don't be such a hypocrite.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Dec 9 2012, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Dec 9 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #238

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2012, 03:39 PM) *
That's some wishful thinking there, and Marquez would have a swinging set of balls to demand such leverage. Though he cleaned Manny's clock, marketability is still an issue between the two.

Let's not forget that Manny has the Bradley rematch in the holster, and a nice payday with Rios (which he was gonna get regardless of a win or loss this weekend). As a matter of fact, Manny's loss and JMM's win, gave a Rios fight THAT much more fuel. It will be another JMM/Diaz-type fight for Juan, and Manny will "appear" vulnerable against a guy who we know he'll fleece within 5 rounds.

In the meantime...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/pacbedtime.jpg)

Fuck it...had Floyd been floored like that last night, it would've been plastered all over the net with pride. I'll enjoy this while it lasts. I feel kiiiiinda bad for Manny, but not all that bad. Im sure that $20M will serve as a nice consolation piece for him.

Meanwhile, Floyd needs to stop sitting on the couch while these guys take each other out, then come back and claim to be the best. We're not dumb Floyd, the jig is up on your side too...people are tired of your shit as well.

i doubt it. people still gon buy his fight. floyd and manny hasn't fought each other and people were still buying their fights.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 9 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #239

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Also anybody care to venture a guess at the PPV number?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #240

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 9 2012, 04:25 PM) *
Shel's on one LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
that picture made is too funny but seriously i doubt he is on PEDs just people assume you cant bulk up that much without PED usage
and who do you think is the guy to derail Floyd, because i don't see anyone in the near future doing it except Canelo

I hear ya. People assume that you cant bulk up and still keep your speed, reflexes, power, and so on. That's what the issue with Pac was. Im not sure who can derail Floyd's train, but age and inactivity is still a fight that Floyd wont win...it's gotten the best of them all.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 9 2012, 04:32 PM) *
HBO was swinging from Manny's nuts all night again! If I hear about fucking "Compubox" and Punchstats one more time........" Only Roy Jones made sense the whole night. The WORST "I really don't wanna be here anymore" commentary from Larry Merchant.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The commentary wasn't the best last night, but it wasn't the worst. RJJ was checking Lampley and Merchant all night long, but the funniest part of the commentary was during the Vazquez/Gesta fight! HBO had their way with insulting the lack of excitement in that fight.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 9 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Really about the PEDs? The amount of shit Pac took when he beat Cotto and people to make it worse started believing it, then it happens to Marquez and people are like Jim Lampley in the end...

I mean when Mayweather Sr said Pacman was on PEDs a lot of people on this board ate his words up and asked for seconds, but if Roach says it, well that guy must be wrong. I think he is wrong, but just don't be such a hypocrite.

Pac was knocking heavy dudes out and taking their punches as he bulked up, and he DIDN'T lose speed, reflexes, punch resistance, and power in the process...weird.

It's funny how Team Pac knew that Juan was working with a known PED distributor and they watched him bulk up and make Manny look bad in the 3rd fight, but nobody uttered a word. NOW, that Manny was knocked cold, they want to subtly make a fuss about it.

It's weird that they didn't say much...maybe because they didn't want to draw attention to themselves by accusing Marquez. Roach can say that he isn't accusing him all he wants, but he is very much making subtle accusations...or raising concerns.

Nobody here is being a hypocrite, but Roach needs to shut his trap about it. Ivan Calderon could've knocked Manny out from that angle with a short shot. That shot had NOTHING to do with the "new power" (as Roach described it) that Juan has, it was just a short, calculated shot, that an unbalanced Manny was open for.

Nothing against Manny, but I wish he was able to speak up more in regards to his career, rather than those other dweebs (Roach, Knonz, etc) who made shit look worse for him.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 9 2012, 04:50 PM) *
i doubt it. people still gon buy his fight. floyd and manny hasn't fought each other and people were still buying their fights.

Yep, sure will. I just see it slowly coming to an end, but it's NOT over. Hell, Manny actually has more opponent options than Floyd at this point.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:09 AM