Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maidana Garcia?, I'd like to see it
Amandla
post Jan 14 2014, 12:25 AM
Post #1

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,750

It would be well worth the PPV ticket, better than Matthysse Maidana by miles.

Maidana has IMPROVED a lot in the last few fights and I've loved his style for a while now but the more I watch the Broner fight I'm getting more and more impressed. He's cutting off the ring...he's on the balls of his feet when he's defending. He' agile like a cat in that fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 14 2014, 02:02 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Maidana doesn't have the chin Lucas does. But then again he is more active in exchanges which could be good and bad for him because Garcia is one of the premier counter punchers that we have right now. His timing is very good.

Very good match up just like matthysse Garcia

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 14 2014, 04:41 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I think Garcia could take it, he'd have to impose his will, but the issue is Garcia hits hard.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 14 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Amandla @ Jan 14 2014, 12:25 AM) *
It would be well worth the PPV ticket, better than Matthysse Maidana by miles.

Maidana has IMPROVED a lot in the last few fights and I've loved his style for a while now but the more I watch the Broner fight I'm getting more and more impressed. He's cutting off the ring...he's on the balls of his feet when he's defending. He' agile like a cat in that fight.

I'm not sure about this one...Maidana is just one of those dudes that you have to mix it up with. You can box the hell out of him, but he's dangerous all the way to the last bell. If you slug with him, he'll get his second wind and/or catch you slipping.

Matthysse isn't as active as Maidana, which was his undoing in the Garcia fight. I've seen Maidana hit with everything but the kitchen sink, and he's yet to substantially bleed or swell...which was Matthysse's undoing in the Garcia fight.

As mentioned, you can do everything right against Maidana, but that millisecond of time that a mental lapse occurs, or a guy gets comfortable, shit just goes down hill. That pressure and awkward punches may be a problem for Danny, but as we all know, styles makes fights, so the shit may go totally different. The only person that I remember actually having their way with Maidana, was Alexander.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 14 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

If Danny puts in body work, he slows that Maidana train down. However, if he foolishly, like so many others, primarily head hunts, he's gonna have a problem...both hit hard enough to stop the other. We've seen Maidana down and repeatedly get up. Danny.........

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 14 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Good fight, I'd take Danny if the fight is ever made

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 14 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

danny by ko. danny is also akward and throws odd and wide shots just like maidana, he he can fight on the move if he needs to like with mathysse, he as able to knock out khan, maidana had trouble with khan. i think dannys power comes up with him to 147 definitely. i see his left hook to the body doing him well in this one. one thing about danny is he is fuckin dangerous when you slug it out with him, hes faster than maidana and i see his punches landing before maidanas, i think he could take maidanas power.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 15 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I think Danny beats most people except Floyd. He should continue his reign of dominance, and avoid a Floyd fight at all cost.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:42 PM