Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sergio Martinez, Good Read Enjoy!
blackbelt2003
post Jul 24 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 84

Oh, what I wouldn't give for Martinez to go to Germany and pugilistically rape Felix Sturm in front of his fans.

Not sure why I dislike Sturm. I just do.

Black

PS You can take the word 'pugilistically' out and the sentence still works for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 12 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i'd like to see sergio fight pirog, quillen or golovkin. the middleweights need a tournament and sergio needs a promoter that can make the big fights happen.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Aug 12 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 24 2011, 02:25 PM) *
"'He told everyone he would fight me,' Martinez said. 'And you can't take back what you say on Twitter,'" is the best part of the article.

Lol...JCC Jr. has royally fucked himself for that. The Blob will make sure he pays of Sulaiman aka The Mexican Penguin off to have his mandatory switched to someone else.

Martinez can beat everyone in his weight division fairly easy, to me his toughest challenges would be in the higher weights and against Floyd Mayweather @ 154 everyone else...is no competition to Maravilla

good read.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Aug 12 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #14

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Martinez-Abraham @ 160! Make it happen. . .

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 15 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Poor Sergio...cant get a credible fight to save his life (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) First he was pretty much getting robbed out of decisions (Margarito (sort of), Cintron, P. Williams I) then he brutally cleaned P. Willy's clock in the rematch...and scared his potential opponents shitless. You would think that if a guy puts a credible opponent to sleep, then it would raise his stocks for bigger fights, but it ended up working against him. What other big name fighter would even want to get in the ring with him and the possibility of a humiliating KO like that is not out of the question?

Im sure it sucks to be in Sergio's position at this point. As dumb as some of these stipulations are in these big fights nowadays, Im surprised nobody offered him a fight and stated in the contract that he couldn't use his left hand in the fight. Imagine that in a contract, "You, Sergio Martinez must effectively limit the use of your left hand during the fight. In the event that you must use your left hand, it must only be utilized for the purpose of producing a jab. No left hooks, counter punches, overhands, etc".

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 15 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 15 2011, 01:44 PM) *
Poor Sergio...cant get a credible fight to save his life (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) First he was pretty much getting robbed out of decisions (Margarito (sort of), Cintron, P. Williams I) then he brutally cleaned P. Willy's clock in the rematch...and scared his potential opponents shitless. You would think that if a guy puts a credible opponent to sleep, then it would raise his stocks for bigger fights, but it ended up working against him. What other big name fighter would even want to get in the ring with him and the possibility of a humiliating KO like that is not out of the question?

Im sure it sucks to be in Sergio's position at this point. As dumb as some of these stipulations are in these big fights nowadays, Im surprised nobody offered him a fight and stated in the contract that he couldn't use his left hand in the fight. Imagine that in a contract, "You, Sergio Martinez must effectively limit the use of your left hand during the fight. In the event that you must use your left hand, it must only be utilized for the purpose of producing a jab. No left hooks, counter punches, overhands, etc".

unfortunately in this era a big win means you're about to get ducked and dodged. but if he'd a shitty night everyone would be lining up to fight him lol.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 15 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 15 2011, 01:44 PM) *

Im sure it sucks to be in Sergio's position at this point. As dumb as some of these stipulations are in these big fights nowadays, Im surprised nobody offered him a fight and stated in the contract that he couldn't use his left hand in the fight. Imagine that in a contract, [b]"You, Sergio Martinez must effectively limit the use of your left hand during the fight. In the event that you must use your left hand, it must only be utilized for the purpose of producing a jab. No left hooks, counter punches, overhands, etc".[/b]

sounds like a ray leonard contract! lol. "you, marvin hagler shall box orthodox for the first few rounds..."

sergio has options. quillen and pirog have both called him out. i'd much rather see them fight him than barker.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 15 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 15 2011, 06:06 PM) *
unfortunately in this era a big win means you're about to get ducked and dodged. but if he'd a shitty night everyone would be lining up to fight him lol.

You are nothing less than correct. Fighters like to see dangerous opponents in sluggish fights, so that they can build a better gameplan in preparation for a potential bout. If someone looks too good in consecutive bouts, then they are perceived as a threat, smh. You are absolutely right...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 15 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 15 2011, 08:07 PM) *
sounds like a ray leonard contract! lol. "you, marvin hagler shall box orthodox for the first few rounds..."

sergio has options. quillen and pirog have both called him out. i'd much rather see them fight him than barker.

Quillen and Pirog would be better challenges than what we are being served right about now. Quillen may take his time to fight Martinez, but Im sure Pirog will step up to the plate a lot quicker. Who can forget how Pirog cleaned Danny Jacobs's clock last summer?

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Aug 15 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Daniel Geale is by far the biggest test to Sergio at 160 and I can't see Geale turning down a fight with him. So step up to the challenge of Geale who should be ranked above Sturm!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:43 PM