IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT) Cloud vs. Hopkins-SPOILERS, No New Threads or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #151

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 10 2013, 02:29 AM) *
lol for the life of me I don't understand how you take the stuff and then look like you've never competed before

Right. Dude had the whole George Foreman waistline going on and all. As bad as Tarver performed, I liked the fight overall.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 10 2013, 09:01 PM) *
extremely butt hurt. they took shots at a few ppl including paulie malignaggi. oh how the mighty have fallen... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Screw 'em! We've shared the same sentiments on how HBO's had it's nose in the air, after they thought that they had the megafight in the bag. Now that the potential for the fight has crumbled, they're left with their dicks in the hands.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 10 2013, 09:09 PM) *
great interview. that just made me like that dude more. paulie pulled no punches and kept it very real. nothing he said was a lie.

Did you see the video, or did you read it? The video was funnier, especially when he started going on about the haters out there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Paulie's expressed his dislike for the sport years ago, now he's only looking for money fights. can you blame him?

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 10 2013, 09:23 PM) *
they're getting really desperate when they bring a guy like iole to drive one of their points.

Right. Iole just looks like a pedophile to me, sorry, but that's what he looks like. He has the John Lithgow look going on.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 10 2013, 09:25 PM) *
they just need to get rid of the rest of them dipshits. i can listen to ward without the other ass clowns.

Agreed. I honestly enjoyed Max's commentary this weekend. I thought they rode Keith Thurman's jock a little too much, but other than that, everything seemed a bit balanced.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #152

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 10 2013, 09:35 PM) *
I was going to reply last night but that fight was so dull I fell asleep lol

#1. It's not often I toot my own horn but I called this one. Cloud is tailor made for B-Hop. He's a dumb fighter who relies solely on power punches. He can't make adjustments in the ring. Add to that, he has a new trainer, which means he was inevitably going to come in the ring trying to do something he isn't accustomed to. B-hop picked his dumb ass apart. I was very bored watching this fight and to be honest, it was more because of Cloud. Hopkins isn't the most exciting fighter, but I'm a fan who appreciates the sweet science, so I don't mind the more strategic fights. However, this fight was like watching Mayweather vs Baldomir. After a while, it gets tiresome seeing a guy get peppered and being content with the fact that he won't get KO'd.

#2 Don't know if it was mentioned before, but what about that anal sore soliloquy Lampley's "Fight Game" became. First of all, what happened to to his set? lol Did they decide it isn't worth the money? Secondly, what was with the I hate that I miss you monologue Lampley was dragging on and on? I'm going to start calling him Crampley because he sounded like a whiny girll on her period. Then, he ironically followed his "how dare Mayweather leave" cries with an ovation applauding Nonito Donaire on his stance to clean up the sport. The same shit those clowns said Floyd used as excuses all of a sudden make Donaire a martyr?

#3 What was the huge uproar for between rounds 2 and 3? It damn sure wasn't because of the action in the ring. I just saw everyone looking up and the crowd went crazy.

#4 Robert Guerrero may hold HBO's future on his back. HBO's schedule is looking sketchy going forward and the marquee guys are seemingly making the move to Showtime. When you have to rely on Top Prank fighters to provide a a quality lineup, you're in deep waters. Top Prank and HBO's relationship has been tumultuous to say the least. A Guerrero win could potentially change that though.

#5 Keith Thurman won clearly but Zaveck kind of took the wind right out of his sails. Once cocky, Thurman seemed humbled as hell last night. He got tested and rocked probably more than any other time in his career.

#6 It's almost a shame Andre Ward is such a great fighter because he's going to be an incredible commentator lol. I love how he said, with all due respect, that he didn't want to be on "The Gatti List." lmao

#1: Totally agreed. I actually thought that Cloud would be the one to stop Hopkins, bad prediction, but hell, I DID say that if Cloud allowed Hopkins time to think, then he'd steal the fight.

#2: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You pretty much summed it up, and one line of this post is sig worthy, thanks! As you mentioned, I love how they tried to bash Mayweather about the random testing movement, but suddenly, they've crowned Donaire the pioneer of testing. Donaire always been crowned "The Duke of All Shits" by me...dude totally blows when he struggles for the KO and doesn't get it.

#3: Probably too many booze, coupled by a few unworthy punches being thrown. You know how cats fight nowadays...throw 2-3 punches, tie up, and hope somebody breaks it up.

#4: Not sure if I agree with this point about Robert Guerrero, but it remains to be seen. Honestly, Top Rank tends to put on some decent cards. There's always at least one dull fight, but for the most part, his cards are okay...if he allows good fights to be signed.

#5: Yeah, Keith didn't look so invincible this weekend. Zavec pressured him and clocked him a few times. I'm starting to question this one-punch power of his, that people are clamoring over.

#6: I was GLAD that he said he didn't want to be on that bullshit list! I have to go back and hear it again, to make sure there was no awkward silence after he said it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 11 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #153

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2013, 11:01 AM) *
#2: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You pretty much summed it up, and one line of this post is sig worthy, thanks! As you mentioned, I love how they tried to bash Mayweather about the random testing movement, but suddenly, they've crowned Donaire the pioneer of testing. Donaire always been crowned "The Duke of All Shits" by me...dude totally blows when he struggles for the KO and doesn't get it.

Goddamn C' ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) +10000

This post has been edited by Cshel86: Mar 11 2013, 03:02 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 11 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #154

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Props to B Hop!!!

Commentators: They as usual sucked! I swear they act like there is only one person in the ring and then they comment about everything else instead of what is going on in the ring. Andre Ward bored me and I hated that they all feel that they have to agree with each other. I wish they would call the fight instead of interjecting their own bias BS! Lampley finally got rid of those "Where is Waldo" glasses. Kellerman I want to punch in the face. He tries to be so interesting but he just sucks, you sir, are no larry merchant!

Thurman: If he ever fights anyone with a jab and defense he can call it a night. He doesn't jab, he just throws hard shots and his defense is okay, decent foot work but I felt a couple of his wide misses will cost him dearly in a higher level fight. Now Thurman and Broner would be fun.

Cloud: Fought a very stupid fight. He just stop throwing punches and was not aggressive at all. But I guess when you are in the ring with a legend your feet can get cold and you then start to think of what you can't do.

Mr. Hopkins: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) Outstanding performance! He worked what he had and used his brain to win the fight. I loved how he called out Ward after he won and I even loved it how he shitted all over Don King! It was even funny that he started talking to the Correna girl. He fought a very smart fight. He completely slowed down Cloud's punching stats and he utilized his foot work to neutralize Cloud's speed and youth! I think we should have a new number 1 pound for pound! I dug how he mentioned that he is a clean athlete and he doesn't take drugs or drink. Good JOB

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 11 2013, 01:02 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 11 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #155

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I don't think he called out Ward.. he said something to the effect that there is not any money that would forge a fight between he and Andre Ward...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 11 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #156

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Right. Dude had the whole George Foreman waistline going on and all. As bad as Tarver performed, I liked the fight overall.

Screw 'em! We've shared the same sentiments on how HBO's had it's nose in the air, after they thought that they had the megafight in the bag. Now that the potential for the fight has crumbled, they're left with their dicks in the hands.

Did you see the video, or did you read it? The video was funnier, especially when he started going on about the haters out there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Paulie's expressed his dislike for the sport years ago, now he's only looking for money fights. can you blame him?

Right. Iole just looks like a pedophile to me, sorry, but that's what he looks like. He has the John Lithgow look going on.

Agreed. I honestly enjoyed Max's commentary this weekend. I thought they rode Keith Thurman's jock a little too much, but other than that, everything seemed a bit balanced.

i saw the video. paulie went in. he just kept talking without even being asked questions at one point. funny ass dude.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 11 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #157

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2013, 01:01 PM) *
Props to B Hop!!!

Commentators: They as usual sucked! I swear they act like there is only one person in the ring and then they comment about everything else instead of what is going on in the ring. Andre Ward bored me and I hated that they all feel that they have to agree with each other. I wish they would call the fight instead of interjecting their own bias BS! Lampley finally got rid of those "Where is Waldo" glasses. Kellerman I want to punch in the face. He tries to be so interesting but he just sucks, you sir, are no larry merchant!

Thurman: If he ever fights anyone with a jab and defense he can call it a night. He doesn't jab, he just throws hard shots and his defense is okay, decent foot work but I felt a couple of his wide misses will cost him dearly in a higher level fight. Now Thurman and Broner would be fun.

Cloud: Fought a very stupid fight. He just stop throwing punches and was not aggressive at all. But I guess when you are in the ring with a legend your feet can get cold and you then start to think of what you can't do.

Mr. Hopkins: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) Outstanding performance! He worked what he had and used his brain to win the fight. I loved how he called out Ward after he won and I even loved it how he shitted all over Don King! It was even funny that he started talking to the Correna girl. He fought a very smart fight. He completely slowed down Cloud's punching stats and he utilized his foot work to neutralize Cloud's speed and youth! I think we should have a new number 1 pound for pound! I dug how he mentioned that he is a clean athlete and he doesn't take drugs or drink. Good JOB

i'd like to see bhop take tests for a fight to prove he's clean.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 11 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #158

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 11 2013, 05:32 PM) *

I know in this sport you can never be sure, but BHop is the least likely person to use any PEDs imo.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 11 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #159

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 11 2013, 02:32 PM) *

You don't think he is natural? Erick Morrales mid section looked like shit in his last fight with Swift and Erik is younger than B Hop. Guerrero even looked like shit in the promo and the Filipino Flab always looks flabby. Maybe he is just blessed with an ageless body Eartha Kit was!!!!!

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 11 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #160

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I had Hopkins winning by KO in predictions. Cloud sucks as a fighter IMO. First time seeing Cloud fight was against Yusaf Mack. Mack was schooling him till he lost steam and gave up the fight.

I think Hopkins is more-likely clean. Long-using PED users usually show visual changes, usually in early stages. Hopkins has always looked healthy.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:30 PM