> Andre Ward Wants JCC Jr., SMH
bnoles4life
post Apr 1 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 31 2013, 09:35 PM) *
Coincidence that mayweather just called him out on his numbers and stuff?

If I'm jcc Jr I would leave the country.

I was thinking the same thing..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 1 2013, 08:07 PM) *
To me, that was simply the smaller, faster guy not sticking to his plan and the bigger guy catching him. Mistake by Martinez, not evidence of ability by Chavez Jr. Agree to disagree.

or...it could be viewed as chavez waking up and realizing he was capable of much more if he just took some chances...but ok. agree to disagree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 1 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #23

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Shame on ward for calling out Chavez Jr... that seems like a mercy killing-- Ward needs to go up to 175

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 1 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 10:20 PM) *
or...it could be viewed as chavez waking up and realizing he was capable of much more if he just took some chances...but ok. agree to disagree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cool.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 1 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #25

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 08:57 PM) *
totally disagree with that. jr is world class and proved that when he put martinez on his ass in the 12th.

LOL, stop it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 2 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Julio is a fighter with a name, and the ability to outlast you, if you let him. Funny how everyone thought he was a bum before facing Martinez, and he almost stopped Martinez in the 12th. What happened in that round, can be used to promote this fight on an "anything can happen" basis.

What challenge did Gatti bring Floyd? None, but that performance of his, did him favors in the long run. What challenge did Diaz bring Pacquiao? None, but Manny's performance along with winning a title in another division, did favors for him. What challenge did Provodnikov bring Bradley (on paper)? None, but their performances did them both favors. What challenge did Maidana bring Alexander? None, but Devon's performance got him back in the running. What challenge did Lopez bring Ortiz (on paper)? None, but Lopez made a name for himself in that fight. What challenge did Garcia bring Khan (on paper)? None, but Garcia made a name for himself in that fight.

I may have given a few bad examples, but you surely get my point because you already mentioned it. The underlying benefits of these fights, aren't always at the forefront, but that's a fighter's main goal in the sport, make a name for themselves, become champion, etc..which all leads to more MONEY. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 08:57 PM) *
totally disagree with that. jr is world class and proved that when he put martinez on his ass in the 12th.

I hope these are April fools jokes lol.

Na with all due respect I can't give this guy props. He's a cottled light heavyweight that has been taking only god knows what to make a living beating the shit out of guys 20+ lbs smaller than him. Yea he beat some top guys like lee and Rubio but in the Rubio fight he came back dirty in his tests then got off scotch free and in the lee fight he could have killed that kid due to the weight advantage and small size of the ring, before he stopped lee he was getting beat too.

If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 2 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #27

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:11 AM) *

[b]]If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.[/b

Yo Checkleft is my dude for real!!!!! I literally LOL'd at the damn job. Patients looking at me all crazy n shit! Funniest shit I've heard in a minute. I share the same sentiments as you in reference to JCC Jr. Too. The shit he's doing is not only dangerous to his opponents but also to himself. That gravy train he's been riding off of his dads name will eventually come to a stop. But not quite yet.....

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 2 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 2 2013, 09:21 AM) *
Yo Checkleft is my dude for real!!!!! I literally LOL'd at the damn job. Patients looking at me all crazy n shit!hmm Funniest shit I've heard in a minute. I share the same sentiments as you in reference to JCC Jr. Too. The shit he's doing is not only dangerous to his opponents but also to himself. That gravy train he's been riding off of his dads name will eventually come to a stop. But not quite yet.....

Hahaha I've had a few moments like that too

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:11 AM) *

Na with all due respect I can't give this guy props. He's a cottled light heavyweight that has been taking only god knows what to make a living beating the shit out of guys 20+ lbs smaller than him. Yea he beat some top guys like lee and Rubio but in the Rubio fight he came back dirty in his tests then got off scotch free and in the lee fight he could have killed that kid due to the weight advantage and small size of the ring, before he stopped lee he was getting beat too.

If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.

At one point, I agreed with some of your points. I believe, after the Rubio fight and going into the Lee fight, Chavez was going to be too much for Sergio at some point of their fight. I was totally against his team skipping out on a drug test, and the manner in which it was handled by officials, if we want to call it being "handled".

People still love Manny, regardless of the suspect stuff that his team does/has done, so I think Julio shouldn't be punished for what his team is allowed to get away with. He's under Arum, Arum has Pacquiao (which is the world's biggest ticket), and Julio is the son of a Mexican legend, which happens to be trained by the "5 time" trainer of the year.

As much as it makes my rib cage hurt to type that last paragraph, all of those factors are sure-as-shit enablers, and we can't necessarily blame Julio for it...it starts from the top. As the Martinez fight, he didn't come into the fight with all of those injuries, so we cant say that that's the reason for his trip to the canvas.

As for Julio's weight, well again, the team that he has, possesses the power to call the shots in negotiations. We see that Lee's team couldn't even get Julio and his team to weigh his gloves after the weigh-in, so that should be a clear indicator that no other team can get Chavez's team to do anything. Remember, this is the SAME team that "blew off" OSDT when brought up for a possible megafight, so having Julio weigh his gloves or not allow him to dehydrate to cruiserweight status, is out of everybody's hands.

Yeah it sucks, but boxing is a dirty business...hasn't it always been? Lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 2 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2013, 09:42 AM) *
At one point, I agreed with some of your points. I believe, after the Rubio fight and going into the Lee fight, Chavez was going to be too much for Sergio at some point of their fight. I was totally against his team skipping out on a drug test, and the manner in which it was handled by officials, if we want to call it being "handled".

People still love Manny, regardless of the suspect stuff that his team does/has done, so I think Julio shouldn't be punished for what his team is allowed to get away with. He's under Arum, Arum has Pacquiao (which is the world's biggest ticket), and Julio is the son of a Mexican legend, which happens to be trained by the "5 time" trainer of the year.

As much as it makes my rib cage hurt to type that last paragraph, all of those factors are sure-as-shit enablers, and we can't necessarily blame Julio for it...it starts from the top. As the Martinez fight, he didn't come into the fight with all of those injuries, so we cant say that that's the reason for his trip to the canvas.

As for Julio's weight, well again, the team that he has, possesses the power to call the shots in negotiations. We see that Lee's team couldn't even get Julio and his team to weigh his gloves after the weigh-in, so that should be a clear indicator that no other team can get Chavez's team to do anything. Remember, this is the SAME team that "blew off" OSDT when brought up for a possible megafight, so having Julio weigh his gloves or not allow him to dehydrate to cruiserweight status, is out of everybody's hands.

Yeah it sucks, but boxing is a dirty business...hasn't it always been? Lol

I guess it just pisses me off that he doesn't really give a shit and thinks he can get away with anything at least manny tries to play it off like he's too nice and stupid to know all the perks he gets. This kid walks around like he deserves everything being fed to him on a silver spoon. It's sad but I can see him doing worse than his dad once he retires, shit maybe even before he calls it quits (in terms of his personal life, money, drug abuse). He's still very raw and very young but he doesn't seem like the type to change but shit, I'm no fortune teller

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:33 PM