> MEL GIBSON is ready for the boxing ring, Racism at its most virulent potency
Spyder
post Jul 10 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #31

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 10 2010, 04:13 PM) *
Well....what if MEL simply meant the word "nigger" as related to it's definition and how it is often used today in American pop culture as a "fool" or a person that is ignorant.

Why waste the energy to say..."you keep dressing that way you will be raped by a pack of foolish, ignorant individuals".....it's so much easier to say....."you keep dressing that way you will be raped by a pack of niggers".

I'm sure Mel's clear hatred for the Jews has little to do with how he views black folk.

We were not there to hear him, we did not hear his level of concern or anger or the inflection in his use of the word "nigger"...I assure you I can say the word in such a soothing tone that you will feel like you are snuggling with a kitten when you hear it.

I'm BGv2.0...I'm from Texas....and I approve this message!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010...-listen-it-here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 10 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

LOL

I just actually heard it on my local news....it appears this was a message he left on the chicks cell phone. He was just basically ranting.

BUT....I'd not be so quick to treat Mel as the evil asshole and the chick as the poor woman showing us all how terrible this man is. It appears the law is looking at her as well in relation to extortion.

It's been my experience both dishing out and being on the recieving end....9/10 when you are in an argument you say things that you know will hit deep and hurt or piss somebody off.

This woman probally hates "niggers" JUST AS MUCH as ole Mel does....and so he said it to purposely get under her skin. So I really don't think she is a saint in regard to race relations.

I honestly don't think he would have said it unless he KNEW it was going to piss her off. AND if that is the case...you can bet she too feels the same way about black people that MEl does.....he just happened to be the one that was recorded.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 11 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #33

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Cave men Intrigue me... so much so...

I am of the view that language is a great determining factor in the overall making of every living being. Once cannot not escape the language of his or her particular reality. Black Centrically, I have supreme understanding on the origins of the words nigger. It did not originate with the western white man as it is written of in holy q'uran and other scripts that predate this baby weak civilization, yet the Western caucasion gave it new intent, meaning, and application. Nigger as a word is a part of our language as Black and black people. 

Its mere existence in our reality as people by way and through the calculated application by wicked men, force us to reckon with, understand, teach, and instruct our people on its origin, purpose, and application so as to reform and heal our masses from the perpetuated tampering of our souls by wicked men motivated by an evil, abnormal, and inhumane nature. Mel Gibson application of the word NIGGER reveals the hidden vile and contempt that the dominant white society has ABOUT BLACK MEN AND BLACK PEOPLE

Auuummmmmmmmm

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jul 11 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 11 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Cave men Intrigue me... so much so...

I am of the view that language is a great determining factor in the overall making of every living being. Once cannot not escape the language of his or her particular reality. Black Centrically, I have supreme understanding on the origins of the words nigger. It did not originate with the western white man as it is written of in holy q'uran and other scripts that predate this baby weak civilization, yet the Western caucasion gave it new intent, meaning, and application. Nigger as a word is a part of our language as Black and black people. 

Its mere existence in our reality as people by way and through the calculated application by wicked men, force us to reckon with, understand, teach, and instruct our people on its origin, purpose, and application so as to reform and heal our masses from the perpetuated tampering of our souls by wicked men motivated by an evil, abnormal, and inhumane nature. Mel Gibson application of the word NIGGER reveals the hidden vile and contempt that the dominant white society has ABOUT BLACK MEN AND BLACK PEOPLE

Auuummmmmmmmm

So ol' Mel is the ambassador to the white race?

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 11 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 11 2010, 09:25 AM) *
Mel Gibson application of the word NIGGER reveals the hidden vile and contempt that the dominant white society has ABOUT BLACK MEN AND BLACK PEOPLE

I don't think in this case it's hidden at all. If Mel really cared to keep thoughts like this hidden....it would have never left his lips. The guy just does not care.

And I think in this day and age a WHOLE LOT of that "vile and contempt" you speak of is not always due to ideas of inbred racism. Much of it may be due to how many see a large number of black people in their given environment. I''ll be the first to striaght up admit I have a pretty deep dislike for many of today's black men....not all...but many. This has zero to do with the tone of their skin, our differences in culture etc. It has to do with a large number I have seen in my own community first hand....leave kids to be raised by hard working black women, as well as many that continue to make the same dumb thug decesions about life in relation to taking on drug dealing as a profession. I dislike black men who allow their children to follow the same thug lifestyle they themselves did by putting a greater emphasis on the new flavor of the week "rap/hiphop" artist than to push education.

NOW....I'm sure we could have a long discusion on how a lot of those very things are side effects of generations of oppression...and I myself would not argue against many of those arguments....BUT...it really does not change anything.

I was raised in the deep south region of TX.....it is absolutley impossible not to have been exposed to racism here. However, my parents never used the "N" word.....they were not sheet wearing clansman...but I would be totally lying if I said it did not and does not exist....because it does.

BUT....I still say much of the racism that exists today in its current form might not be so much out of pure inbred hate.....but out of observation.

I voted for our current President and would do so again if I thought that the "person of color" was the better person for the job. I am well read in the works of Fredrick Douglas, a man who I respect and admire.....a man that was married to white women when it was a crime....YET....I have pure contempt for many of today's high profile black musicians. I also see black men every day in my community that have not done one thing to earn my respect.

Do I see whites and Hispanics of the same light....sure.

BUT...had it been me saying what Mel did.....when I used the word....I would not be seeing Fredrick Douglas, Barrack Obama or my friend Charles that passed away last year....I would be seeing a few guys in my community, a few popular rap artists....a generalized view of those type of people.

So when I use the word....you can bet it's in relation to a person that is black that I have ZERO respect or admiration for.

If it's a hispanic....I'll use Spec or Beaner...or wetback.

IF it's a white.....son of a bitch, bastard.

Other races REALLY need to work on coming up with good negative racial names for us white folks...so that I could use them as well.

Cracker and Honkey....just don't have the same posion that nigger, spec, beaner, son of a bitch..etc. seem to have.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 11 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #36

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 11 2010, 04:58 PM) *
I voted for our current President and would do so again...

Asshole.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jul 11 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #37

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 11 2010, 09:25 AM) *
Mel Gibson application of the word NIGGER reveals the hidden vile and contempt that the dominant white society has ABOUT BLACK MEN AND BLACK PEOPLE

Auuummmmmmmmm

no, it shows mel gibson is an asshole. he's an actor, he's not making jim crow laws.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 11 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 11 2010, 04:58 PM) *
I don't think in this case it's hidden at all. If Mel really cared to keep thoughts like this hidden....it would have never left his lips. The guy just does not care.

And I think in this day and age a WHOLE LOT of that "vile and contempt" you speak of is not always due to ideas of inbred racism. Much of it may be due to how many see a large number of black people in their given environment. I''ll be the first to striaght up admit I have a pretty deep dislike for many of today's black men....not all...but many. This has zero to do with the tone of their skin, our differences in culture etc. It has to do with a large number I have seen in my own community first hand....leave kids to be raised by hard working black women, as well as many that continue to make the same dumb thug decesions about life in relation to taking on drug dealing as a profession. I dislike black men who allow their children to follow the same thug lifestyle they themselves did by putting a greater emphasis on the new flavor of the week "rap/hiphop" artist than to push education.

NOW....I'm sure we could have a long discusion on how a lot of those very things are side effects of generations of oppression...and I myself would not argue against many of those arguments....BUT...it really does not change anything.

I was raised in the deep south region of TX.....it is absolutley impossible not to have been exposed to racism here. However, my parents never used the "N" word.....they were not sheet wearing clansman...but I would be totally lying if I said it did not and does not exist....because it does.

BUT....I still say much of the racism that exists today in its current form might not be so much out of pure inbred hate.....but out of observation.

I voted for our current President and would do so again if I thought that the "person of color" was the better person for the job. I am well read in the works of Fredrick Douglas, a man who I respect and admire.....a man that was married to white women when it was a crime....YET....I have pure contempt for many of today's high profile black musicians. I also see black men every day in my community that have not done one thing to earn my respect.

Do I see whites and Hispanics of the same light....sure.

BUT...had it been me saying what Mel did.....when I used the word....I would not be seeing Fredrick Douglas, Barrack Obama or my friend Charles that passed away last year....I would be seeing a few guys in my community, a few popular rap artists....a generalized view of those type of people.

So when I use the word....you can bet it's in relation to a person that is black that I have ZERO respect or admiration for.

If it's a hispanic....I'll use Spec or Beaner...or wetback.

IF it's a white.....son of a bitch, bastard.

Other races REALLY need to work on coming up with good negative racial names for us white folks...so that I could use them as well.

Cracker and Honkey....just don't have the same posion that nigger, spec, beaner, son of a bitch..etc. seem to have.

What you speak of is what Blackcentric scholars have isolated as
"nigger mentality" A mentality that stems from the indoctrination of Africans
into the slave mentality conducive to western whites to for use as tools of labor and build such a capitalist empire in America. White slave masters and their offspring and descendents have benefited directly or indirectly from this system and Nigger Mentality ushered in by white wicked practitioners of the mental and physical subjugation of human beings, which resulted in an unequal playing field in America. You may or may not descend from these wicked persecutors of men, women, and children. The pitiful amount of decadence among Black men that you see in America does not come from a vacuum. Much of it can be traced to Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome (Dr. Joy Legruy). Maladaptive behaviors exhibited by vast elements of black men stem from a system that has only been so "called integrated" legally for 56 years. This has been a bastion of white pathological racism and an abnormalized justification of it (WEB Dubois). And on a personal note, I know ignorant ass kissing turn the other cheek negroes you may know have allowed you to be comfortable using the word nigger so freely, along with brainwashed no culture having actors and rappers you see glorified as icons... just know you can still get your head bashed open by people who don't tolerate it so it might not be intelligent to use at freely as you say you feel doing so. Here in the Bronx, your head would get split...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Jul 11 2010, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jul 11 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 11 2010, 06:55 PM) *
What you speak of is what Blackcentric scholars have isolated as
"nigger mentality" A mentality that stems from the indoctrination of Africans
into the slave mentality conducive to western whites to for use as tools of labor and build such a capitalist empire in America. White slave masters and their offspring and descendents have benefited directly or indirectly from this system and Nigger Mentality ushered in by white wicked practitioners of the mental and physical subjugation of human beings, which resulted in an unequal playing field in America. You may or may not descend from these wicked persecutors of men, women, and children. The pitiful amount of decadence among Black men that you see in America does not come from a vacuum. Much of it can be traced to Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome (Dr. Joy Legruy). Maladaptive behaviors exhibited by vast elements of black men stem from a system that has only been so "called integrated" legally for 56 years. This has been a bastion of white pathological racism and an abnormalized justification of it (WEB Dubois). And on a personal note, I know ignorant ass kissing turn the other cheek negroes you may know have allowed you to be comfortable using the word nigger so freely, along with brainwashed no culture having actors and rappers you see glorified as icons... just know you can still get your head bashed open by people who don't tolerate it so it might not be intelligent to use at freely as you say you feel doing so. Here in the Bronx, your head would get split...

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson..."allow me to retort"

The first 3/4 of your response was intelligent well thought out and interesting. The last line, as Rucus might say...was pure "nigger".

I do believe anybody reading your response would see the animosity in it. Keep in mind it was YOU...not I that started this thread. And in an attempt to give you what I thought you were looking for....intelligent back and forth on an very delicate topic I was honest about how I feel about the word and those that use it.

Now we have gone from that....to head splitting in the bronx and spitting out the label "ignorant" toward those that don't quite see things in your view.

I am using the word so freely in this thread becuse YOU brought the topic out. Now you want to act as if I use it to say good morning to every black person in my neighborhood or the Bronx.

That's not the case.

So there will be no head splitting any time soon.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 11 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #40

Welterweight

LMAO.... Auuuuuuuummmmm

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:16 AM