IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> excuses for poor performance, against cotto...
sduck
post May 4 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Excuses can very well be legit. I know when I do something and it's not done as well as usual or the maximum then that means there's a an excuse/reason for that. If someone performs like how they usually do and still make excuses, then that's when you call bullshit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 4 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #12

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Where did you get these up front excuses? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I am following almost every video about Floyd these days and all I hear is that it was the best training camp, that he will be defensive, that his father is there to correct mistakes he did in the Cotto fight and that it was a D- performance. Nothing about him being hurt, ill, overtrained or whatever. Prior to every Floyd's fight there is a shit load of conspiracy theories. Nobody else is under so much scrutiny, it's ridiculous. Do people really want to see him lose so bad? I don't get it...

Since De la Hoya fight, people are coming up with reasons why Floyd should look underwhelming or this n that. If we must, let's look at both sides and invest the same amount of time into talking about excuses of the other fighters as well...

Yes, I am a fan of Floyd but if he loses, is it really such a big deal ?

By the way, Guerrero and Floyd looked both very good during the weigh in.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 4 2013, 01:42 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 4 2013, 07:02 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I didnt think his performance against Cotto was bad at all. It went as expected. I think in that last round that he was a few shots away from putting Cotto down. Cotto's knees definitly buckled a coulpe of times.

if Roger is generating excuses, I hope he understands that this may have been Floyds toughest opponent... ever.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 4 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

End of the day, he won and gave Cotto credit for an excellent fight. I was most impressed that HE was the one pointing out his weaknesses in the all access. The great athletes don't need to lose to improve or point out their weaknesses. I think that was the main purpose of bringing Sr. back.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 4 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

mayweather is a great fighter. period. however, the main reason he was in a dog fight with cotto is because cotto is that good. since he beat dlh, he fought hatton, blown up marquez, washed up mosley and victor ortiz. people were talking before the fight that mayweather was going to "gatti" miguel cotto, which was just ridiculous. cotto is far better than those other guys that mayweather fought and thats why he gave him such a good fight.

i didn't like all those excuses that were made either because they take credit away from cotto. jeff mayweather said floyd was bleeding from the nose because he had a cold. why you gotta make excuses for that? he was bleeding because he was eating a lot of jabs from one of the best jabbers in the game. just give credit where credit is due. he won fair and square. no excuses needed.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 4 2013, 12:34 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 5 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

Shouldn't we now be asking about Robert Guerrero's excuses for why he lost??

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 5 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 4 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Where did you get these up front excuses? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I am following almost every video about Floyd these days and all I hear is that it was the best training camp, that he will be defensive, that his father is there to correct mistakes he did in the Cotto fight and that it was a D- performance. Nothing about him being hurt, ill, overtrained or whatever. Prior to every Floyd's fight there is a shit load of conspiracy theories. Nobody else is under so much scrutiny, it's ridiculous. Do people really want to see him lose so bad? I don't get it...

Since De la Hoya fight, people are coming up with reasons why Floyd should look underwhelming or this n that. If we must, let's look at both sides and invest the same amount of time into talking about excuses of the other fighters as well...

Yes, I am a fan of Floyd but if he loses, is it really such a big deal ?

By the way, Guerrero and Floyd looked both very good during the weigh in.

the excuses are from various sources...interviews, videos etc...and from his own mouth.

last night...he had none. he looked amazing. well...if you want to count the part about not getting the ko because he hurt his hand..u can count that as an excuse, but i won't. that was a brilliant display of boxing.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 5 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 5 2013, 05:31 PM) *
the excuses are from various sources...interviews, videos etc...and from his own mouth.

last night...he had none. he looked amazing. well...if you want to count the part about not getting the ko because he hurt his hand..u can count that as an excuse, but i won't. that was a brilliant display of boxing.

I'd buy that hand hurt as an excuse except for 2 things: 1. Floyd has a history of hand issue problems so it's no secret that it is possible. 2. He was popping RG in the forehead all night and that is the hardest part of the head and not to mention that you could see he went back to the corner after (i forget which round) shaking his hand and when his father asked he didn't come correct but later in the post fight said he did hurt it.

Guerrero get schooled and his father said that he (Robert) got robbed. LOL

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 5 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I told you guys in the 10th round that he'd hurt his hand...plus he showed his hand. It looked like a balloon. I was surprised when the x-rays checked out negative. I was almost sure that thing was broken.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 5 2013, 08:07 PM) *
I'd buy that hand hurt as an excuse except for 2 things: 1. Floyd has a history of hand issue problems so it's no secret that it is possible. 2. He was popping RG in the forehead all night and that is the hardest part of the head and not to mention that you could see he went back to the corner after (i forget which round) shaking his hand and when his father asked he didn't come correct but later in the post fight said he did hurt it.

Guerrero get schooled and his father said that he (Robert) got robbed. LOL

i'm not denying he hurt his hand. i saw it and called it right when it happened. i'm just saying...he doesn't need to make any excuses...and i won't make any excuses for him either...for such a brilliant display of boxing. the ko didn't need to happen.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:22 PM