IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Kirkland..., Just wondering about last night & stoppage...
caneman
post Apr 11 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #31

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 11 2011, 09:25 AM) *
I wonder if over-activity had anything to do with the lack of resiliency to take punches. Wasn't it like his 3rd fight in a month or something?

Well many guys fought on the reg...I might bring him up too often but Greb fought almost weekly and not against pussies(RJJ is a guy who fought a lot early on) just to pad a record. I would think so called street guy would be a bit tougher myself. That 1st punch didn't hit shit, in fact kirklady's chin hit his shoulder harder. Sorry but I think 1 of 2 things happened myself...he threw the fight or he ain't nothing and I do wonder what really happened in prison with him. On another note, it's time for Cortez to retire I think!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Apr 11 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #32

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

I wouldn't write him off so quickly based on the FACT that he took flush shots from Joel Julio who known for his punch. I will chalk that performance as fluke for now.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 11 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #33

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 11 2011, 02:53 PM) *
I wouldn't write him off so quickly based on the FACT that he took flush shots from Joel Julio who known for his punch. I will chalk that performance as fluke for now.

Don't delude yourself. That was no fluke. Julio was then, this is now. He was hurt by Berrio (?) and then fucked up by a non punching Japanese no hoper.

Kirkland is fucked. Forget about him.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Apr 11 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #34

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 11 2011, 03:10 PM) *
Don't delude yourself. That was no fluke. Julio was then, this is now. He was hurt by Berrio (?) and then fucked up by a non punching Japanese no hoper.

Kirkland is fucked. Forget about him.

Like I said, I'm not going to write him off just yet. Last I checked fighters don't normally go from having an OK chin to having a completely shitty one without someone cracking it. I will stay tuned for his next fight.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Apr 11 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDRAwf2dY2o

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Apr 11 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #36

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Normally I dont go in for writing someone off after one loss, and Kirkland is a special case with what hes been through, but the manner of that loss makes me side with Maxy on this one. I feel James is a spent force already. Shame cos he was at least a bit entertaining

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 11 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #37

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 11 2011, 02:13 PM) *
Like I said, I'm not going to write him off just yet. Last I checked fighters don't normally go from having an OK chin to having a completely shitty one without someone cracking it. I will stay tuned for his next fight.

But when you get cracked by a complete non puncher it's gotta be foolish to think the fella has any major future in the game. He's fucked as a prospect, his future is bleak.

+Quote Post
Tha Docta
post Apr 11 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #38

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,774

im glad cortez didnt referee the first marquez vs paquiao fight cause we wouldve been robbed of a great fight. i cant stand cortez. yeah, dude got dropped 3 times, but he was landing punches in between the knockdowns too. basically, cortez robbed kirkland of a chance to learn during this fight and cost him dearly. why not give him a chance to get up and then make your decision to stop the fight? i bet it wouldve been one hell of an entertaining fight however long it lasted.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 11 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 11 2011, 01:53 PM) *

Actually Fonz I would call the Julio fight more a fluke. Why? Because in fights before that he was buzzed by much lighter punching guys and in fights after that he was buzzed (and now KO-ed) against lighter punching guys.

It's the Julio fight that was different from all the rest, not the other way round.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Apr 11 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #40

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 11 2011, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Apr 11 2011, 03:14 PM) *
im glad cortez didnt referee the first marquez vs paquiao fight cause we wouldve been robbed of a great fight. i cant stand cortez. yeah, dude got dropped 3 times, but he was landing punches in between the knockdowns too. basically, cortez robbed kirkland of a chance to learn during this fight and cost him dearly. why not give him a chance to get up and then make your decision to stop the fight? i bet it wouldve been one hell of an entertaining fight however long it lasted.

Agree with both of these. That was a bad stoppage.

Not a good look for Kirkland though. Back to the drawing board.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:43 AM