IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My last few fights, Video link inside!
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 31 2010, 04:10 AM
Post #31

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 31 2010, 12:05 AM) *
MMM- Hahaha. Thanks dude. I always tried to be in shape, though a few I would like to forget. One thing that sucked about the amateurs is you only had an hour or two before you fought, so you had very little time to rehydrate. So usually I felt much quicker and better sparring in the gym than at the fight itself cause I almost always lost those last few extra few pounds the wrong way.

Man Blaze... I am disappointed in you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I have been busting your balls for so long to see you in action with no luck, and all you do is offer excuses. Joking. So I post a few of my old fights and you give me no response whatsoever. And I was looking forward to your response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

LLjr... See ya tomorrow kid. Oh... what the heck is this Nick H. maybe going to SV??? This is not true is it?

I figured no one would want me to post since I haven't shown anything and that if I did post,guys would jump on me..Also,it takes a lot longer to type with one hand so I haven't been on too much..Also,the pain killers got me fucked up..hahahaha..That's the only good thing though..

You're a warrior LL..You love gettin into it and from what I've seen,you've also got a good combo of D and counterpunchin at short range..Good speed..Also,you can take a shot too..Your left hand is your better hand in my opinion..Your left hook is sweet looking when short and while your arm is in an L shape so you'd get real good power on the shot..Those shots had some heat on em..hahaha..Your right hand looks strong..It could be shorter and straighter but atleast you maintain balance when they are wide even though you're open for a second..Yet,seem like a hard guy to hit though..I don't remember your record but I bet you gave a lot of guys problems..The best way to fight you would be to box from the outside and not let you get close..hahaha..No wonder your name is Lil-lightsout..

That backyard fight was so bad ass..You're the man..This shit took me 20 mins to write..hahaha..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Aug 31 2010, 04:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LilLightsOutJr
post Aug 31 2010, 05:54 AM
Post #32

Amateur

Member No.: 11,008

LL i dont think that is true i didnt hear that

+Quote Post
JonnysTrainer
post Aug 31 2010, 06:47 AM
Post #33

Strawweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9,784

You have some power, but you know what is scary? I would have added at least 75% to that if I had you underneath my wing and even up to 150% give or take. You could have been a star kid.
I am still training Jonathon but he is sidelined for the time being and am confident he will be a star, though he still needs a bit more masculinity and try grow a beard or moustache, that is something he can work on in his time off. At the moment, he only has some bum fluff above his lip.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 31 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

LLjr- Oh, ok. Just a rumor.

Ollie- Thanks man. Many people told me that my style was better suited for the pros. I should post a clip of that dude moaning on the ground after being down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Blaze- Thanks for the compliments dude. Sorry to hear about your hand, wish you a speedy recovery. Pretty good assessment of me. When I would spar, I am mainly a counter-puncher, that likes to throw straight rights. But in my fights I would loop my rights too much IMO, and I would be way more aggressive in actual fights.

JTrainer- If only I could have had your guidance and knowledge... We'd be ruling this game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 31 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8172750/21684377

Okay... here is another fight from the backyard brawl. It's actually quite entertaining. These were both two of my friends who did not like one another all that much. The one dude would be pissed if he ever knew I posted this, lol.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Aug 31 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #36

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Good shit man. You got a nice crips left hook to the body. I think your style is more suited for the Pros as well. Where you fighting in a church in that one fight?

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 1 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #37

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2010, 12:47 AM) *
Good shit man. You got a nice crips left hook to the body. I think your style is more suited for the Pros as well. Where you fighting in a church in that one fight?

Was a church turned into a boxing/karate gym. That was that kids gym and it was on a college fight card. We were the only two open fighters there, and the last fight. I remember some of the college kids that fought that day, made us look like top pro contenders, lol. It's kind of funny that in the first round he threw a right at me and it hit me in the left shoulder(shoulder roll) and knocked me off balance and I got called for a standing eight. I was like arguing with the ref about it hit me in the fucking shoulder. That is why in that fight in his hometown I started more just loading up bombs trying to take him out. Whats even funnier is about a year or so later my uncle showed me a write up in his newspaper saying he was 16-0 or some shit. I guess they forgot my fight with him?

Not trying to brag, but easily my best punch was my left hook to the body. I have dropped countless people in sparring with that punch. Sparring was usually controlled with power to the head where I sparred, but the body was always free game. I kept a lot of people in check with that punch. Man... I could tell you stories about...

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 1 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #38

Guests

I'm a righty as well, but my best punch is my left.

I don't know if anyone has the same problem I do, but I find it hard letting my straight right go. I just don't feel as comfortable and feel like I am much more open. My left is my punch and feel that much more comfortable and confident throwing it than my right.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 1 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #39

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 1 2010, 02:43 AM) *
I'm a righty as well, but my best punch is my left.

I don't know if anyone has the same problem I do, but I find it hard letting my straight right go. I just don't feel as comfortable and feel like I am much more open. My left is my punch and feel that much more comfortable and confident throwing it than my right.

I would say that is not a real problem, just a natural thing many feel. Every time you commit with the right you are obviously more exposed and open to a counter. You should know from all your years of watching boxing, how many times fighters refuse to let the right hand go. It looks easy for us on the outside looking in, but when in the ring it is not as easy to commit with the right hand. Even if I spar a little now, I mainly just use jabs and hooks to control guys. Occasionally mixing in a few right hands once in a while, just not as frequent as the left. Funny, my cousin where a body protector a lot that i love to hit and he always yells at me to throw more straight rights, lol.

I am by no means an expert trainer, but what I do is shadow box and imagine a real fighter in front of me. Set up my right with jab then throw my straight right, and picture my opponent throwing a hook or counter right at you after you throw your right. That way I am not thinking what to do next after I throw a right, my instincts let me react the proper way for a counter punch. What I am trying to say is that way maybe you would have more confidence in letting it go more often if you knew you were confident in eluding a counter punch? Make sense? Back in the day my trainer also did a lot of mitt work, and so many of the drills had you ducking counters off a straight right hand. And believe me, it helps you react better so you just do not stand there like a sitting duck.

Ever watch Virgil Hill fight? I watched a ton of his fights back in the day, man that dude ONLY used his left hand. Amazing if he would have developed a right hand to go along with it.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Sep 1 2010, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 1 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #40

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Hey Lil Light...did you ever balloon between fights?

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:56 AM