IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview and Comments For HBO/Showtime Duel Cards, Saturday Night!
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 4 2013, 04:15 PM) *
I agree,

The fighters on the Showtime card aren't really "keep asses in the seats" type of fighters where the judges are going to be influenced to protect a guy too much. Paulie Malinaggi as pointed out is with Al Hayman. Judah has however been given so many second, third, and fourth chances. You have two fighters who have several losses on their records, but it's a "Brooklyn Special." so maybe Paulie and Zab will give a better fight than expected.

Some very good 50/50 tactical matches on the Showtime card. Hard to pick winners on some of these fights. Trout-Lara has been called "A boxing purist's dream" according to one writer, so we'll see what happens.

Jack

There's no better time for a Judah/Malignaggi fight to happen, than now. Had it happened any earlier than this (about 2 years ago), then one guy would've been a stepping stone for the other. Being that they're on even terms (lost their recent fight in a close and/or exciting fashion), this fight "doesn't seem all that bad".

I'll admit, I wasn't clamoring over this fight, but both guys have shown that they're not completely done, so I can dig it. Had this been something along the lines of a Mosley/Morales (at WW) where both guys are shot, then it would be a slap in the face. I cant say that I wouldn't watch it, but it would've been a slap in the face.

Speaking of WW, how did that go over my head? This Judah/Malignaggi fight is at WW...a weight that Zab made clear that he wouldn't fight at again. Anyway, Zab was barely making 140 in his last couple of fights, so this may have been a good thing.

I think that he'll probably come in at 144...since Paulie not a huge WW or a big puncher...I can see Zab only coming up a few lbs, and keeping his speed. Now that I think about it, Zab was fast at WW, but am I the only one that thinks he jumped to WW a bit too prematurely back then? Maybe it was because of money, maybe?

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 5 2013, 03:36 AM) *
The Showtime card is better on paper, but Boxing isn't always fought that way so we will see. The Zab-Paulie fight stands out to me the most, I'm looking forward to that one.

WHo are you picking???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 5 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 12:23 PM) *
There's no better time for a Judah/Malignaggi fight to happen, than now. Had it happened any earlier than this (about 2 years ago), then one guy would've been a stepping stone for the other. Being that they're on even terms (lost their recent fight in a close and/or exciting fashion), this fight "doesn't seem all that bad".

I'll admit, I wasn't clamoring over this fight, but both guys have shown that they're not completely done, so I can dig it. Had this been something along the lines of a Mosley/Morales (at WW) where both guys are shot, then it would be a slap in the face. I cant say that I wouldn't watch it, but it would've been a slap in the face.

Speaking of WW, how did that go over my head? This Judah/Malignaggi fight is at WW...a weight that Zab made clear that he wouldn't fight at again. Anyway, Zab was barely making 140 in his last couple of fights, so this may have been a good thing.

I think that he'll probably come in at 144...since Paulie not a huge WW or a big puncher...I can see Zab only coming up a few lbs, and keeping his speed. Now that I think about it, Zab was fast at WW, but am I the only one that thinks he jumped to WW a bit too prematurely back then? Maybe it was because of money, maybe?

WHo are you picking???

Judah needs this fight more in my opinion because Paulie works for Showtime so my pick is Zab by SD.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 7 2013, 12:47 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 5 2013, 02:23 AM) *
Riding with Shawn Porter. I think he beats Devon. Devon hasnt won a notable fight in a few years. Randall Bailey?? He should have gotten the L vs Kotelnik and Matthyse. i think Shawn Porter cashes him out here.

I think Zab Judah stops Paulie Malignaggi.

Lara gets a split decision against Trout.

Sakio Bika Beats Dirrell by SD.

On HBO

Rigo comfy D12 against Agbeko.

I dont know enough about Glenn Tapia or Willie Nelson to really comment on those fights.

Showtime KO 5 over HBO. Showtime's card is much better. Looking forward to December 14th too.

I like your predictions, only one I might ride against is trout Lara, Lara has good pop and could put trout down, but Lara also has been known to be chinny.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 02:30 AM) *
He beat Maidana. How is that not a notable win, I haven't seen anything from Porter to make me believe he was ready for this stage or that he could beat a fighter like Devon. Porter is a poor man's Shane Mosley, instead of fighting like the Mosley of old, he fights like the Mosley of now. If Devon loses to him then he should be on gatekeeper status

Maidana was between trainers and looked sooo bloated.. I didn't put any weight into that fight man, he looked completely uninspired to be at 147.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 7 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 6 2013, 11:47 PM) *
Maidana was between trainers and looked sooo bloated.. I didn't put any weight into that fight man, he looked completely uninspired to be at 147.

You talking like Marcos was some ripped stud before lol. You got more excuses then Dolomite's girl after a paternity test... Last time I checked a loss is a loss no matter how it happens.....we still haven't seen all these improvements Robert has made to Marcos but let's cut the shit for a minute. Khan, Devon, and even Victor gave Maidana hell til he folded. Maidana looks great against brawlers put him in with somebody who can give different looks, box and with a ring IQ and he's in trouble. I'd take Devon over Maidana right now.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:04 PM