IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PASCAL AND HOPKINS REMATCH ORDERED BY WBC, HOPKINS VOWS TO BECOME OLDEST CHAMP IN ANY SPORT
JLUVBABY
post Jan 11 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 11 2011, 12:05 PM) *
There is another option thats not been considered here. What about the possibility that putting up that spirited performance was BHops last stand. Kinda like when a shitty little team draws a big huge team in the cup, sometimes things can just line up right for them and they sneak a goal, maybe get a draw. But then when they go back for a second bite at the cherry they get their shit pushed in like they maybe should have in the first. People are going on like BHop only needs to land the rematch and the belts are his. He still needs to go in there and win 12 rounds of boxing against a young athletic champion who has had a chance to see what Bernard is about and is getting a chance to prove the first fight was a freak of nature.

this could be true but that comparison would be like buster douglas's conquest of tyson... b hop is a legit fighter at 46... now with that being said how many more times can he go to the well at 46?... in my opinion time is his only enemy at this point... at 46 he is arguably a top 5 p4pder... when you look at what he did in that fight rather the first kd was legit or not he was down by 5 after 3 rounds... his age aside what he managed to do to pascal would have been a tremendous feet for a young primed 20 sumthin year older.. honestly i cant see a tavoris cloud coming back from that type of start... and he's one of the belt holders... just saying no matter how you slice it hopkins put up a performance that parallels that of the archie moores times.. ive always been a fan and have watched him since very early in his career... but never would i have thought he would be fighting on this level this late in his boxing life... i can remember when 30 was considered old for a fighter....lol..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jan 11 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 11 2011, 09:13 PM) *
i can remember when 30 was considered old for a fighter....lol..

All depends on the fighter, everyone is different. Some guys lose it in their late 20's, 30's, or 40's. I would say generally in the 30's though.

A lot has to do with the fighter's mentality and how they take care of their body through the years.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jan 12 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 11 2011, 11:45 PM) *
. . . and their genes.

I have no clue how a fighter's pants have anything to do with this? LOL.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jan 12 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #34

Guests

Anyway you slice it, Hopkins is AT LEAST fighting about a decade past a 'average' use by date. I would say most at about 35 is considered old, but like said. It can be late 20's or even late 30's. But Hopkins is definitely fighting well past a use by date, and I would say a decade to be safe.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 12 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 12 2011, 12:01 AM) *
Anyway you slice it, Hopkins is AT LEAST fighting about a decade past a 'average' use by date. I would say most at about 35 is considered old, but like said. It can be late 20's or even late 30's. But Hopkins is definitely fighting well past a use by date, and I would say a decade to be safe.

that was my point... hop is what 46 now or almost 46... he is fighting way past his use by date... lol...

back to my statement on age... look back at the 80's and early 90's... once a fighter hit his early 30's he was considered to be fighting on borrowed time.. specially in the lighter weight divisions... thats not quite the case anymore... maybe its conditioning i dont know but fighters are fighting to a more advanced age these days than 20 years ago....

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 12 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Method @ Jan 11 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Hopkins needs to tighten up a little bit. He proved he could take it to to the younger guy, but he needs to tighten up on his D a bit. I think he can take the dec, but he doesn't need to be suffering flash kd's (or kd's of any sort). He also doesnt neeed to be so reckless like he was in the 12th round. That was some sloppy stuff.

Yeah you're right and I still gave him the 12th (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I wonder if Pascal rematches him just how much it will play on his mind getting owned 1st time around by a 45 year old guy? I'm sorry but if I'm a young champ I don't care how much experience the other dude has, it has got to fry my mind to see him coming on strong in the 12th and I'm the one doing the running.

I mean how do you even explain that to your girlfriend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Yeah honey grandad was a little tougher than I expected, haha.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 12 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #37

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 12 2011, 01:01 AM) *

HGH is a helluva drug.

(IMG:http://www.hgharticles.com/wp-content/uploads/stallone-hgh.jpg)

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 12 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 12 2011, 06:02 AM) *

damn is this a pic of stallone recently?... lol... dude has to be at least 60 huh?...or close to it...

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jan 12 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #39

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 12 2011, 10:51 AM) *
damn is this a pic of stallone recently?... lol... dude has to be at least 60 huh?...or close to it...

Dude he is 64years old!!! Who looks like that at that age?

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 13 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #40

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 12 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Dude he is 64years old!!! Who looks like that at that age?

guys on medication... lol...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:05 AM