Reply to this topicStart new topic
> floyd mayweather & Gambling Issues, floyd might have gambling issues
zzeeda
post Sep 14 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,395

Hi guys I would like to know your take on this topic... personally, I think floyd's got a gambling problem or a very bad gambling habit that could get him into some very deep shit.
for the record I am a floyd fan.. it would pain me to see one of the greatest boxers of his generation and one of the highest earning athletes of his generation go down the drain like so many others.
Anyway, I did a little research online on floyd and his gambling habits, I didn't like what I saw.. The signs don't look good AT ALL.... from placing 250k bets on a regular basis to reportedly losing 1 million + usd in a single bet...(not good).

I would like to know what you guys think. Please try not to post a reply to this thread unless you've done some research otherwise I would not even aknowlege or answer any stupid post. All intelligent replies are welcome. but I am not an admin so... ohh well!

I also came across this on youtube today..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83c4b-iFsNY...feature=related
its floyd, 50 miss jackson and the kids at some movie premiere.. watch out for the body languages.. and let me know what you guys think... peace.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Sep 14 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Everybody on this site knows im a huge Floyd fan but if he ends up broke its his own damn fault. Im not gonna cry for him. Hes an adult.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Sep 14 2012, 07:54 AM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Sep 14 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Good shit, Zzeeda!

My take on this - Never take what you read for granted. To me, Floyd spends a lot, he gambles, but he loves the money too much to be stupid to lose it. In other words, he is ok and he himself in one interview admitted to lose 1 mil. Until Floyd goes out and says something about the topic himself, I don't care. This is my personal opinion about all rumors, not only in Floyd's case.

The youtube vid is actually quite interesting. There really is something strange about the body language of all characters. But again, I will not jump into any conclusions. I think all the buzz we are hearing now about the rift between Floyd and 50 is a well calculated business move.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 14 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 14 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Everybody on this site knows im a huge Floyd fan but if he ends up broke its his own damn fault. Im not gonna cry for him. Hes an adult.

Agreed! The only way I would care if it was my money. People get too caught up in what athletes and entertainers are making these days.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Sep 14 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

She cheated while Floyd was in prison
nah i joke but it's a possibility

and yeah he has a gambling problem but when he has nothing left he only has himself to blame

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

between the gambling, gold diggers, expensive taste, making it rain, burning benji's, buying 10k shoes for his woman...etc..etc...there's no doubt he'll end up broke. it's happened to the best of them.

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Sep 14 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

he can do whatever he wants with his money. spending his money is probably a wiser thing to do since the worth of the american dollar is slowly dropping

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 14 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This is really old news tho. He once lost a 80k voucher in the parking lot of a bet he won.... If he loses it all he has no one but himself to blame. He was the highest paid athlete last year for gods sake idk how people could feel sorry for him lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 14 2012, 01:01 PM) *
This is really old news tho. He once lost a 80k voucher in the parking lot of a bet he won.... If he loses it all he has no one but himself to blame. He was the highest paid athlete last year for gods sake idk how people could feel sorry for him lol

i don't feel sorry for him...or mike tyson...or evander holyfield...

these guys have lived lives that we can only imagine.

+Quote Post
zzeeda
post Sep 14 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 13,395

Thanks for all your replies. they where quite intriguing and made me see things another way.
Yeah I guess he probably has ... its a shame he can't see it though. Its almost like there is a big disconnect between where he is and where is coming from.. i.e the day to day world of normal living.
I am sorry If I got too caught up in the life of an athlete. I just feel sad when people waste their money stupidly. but @ the end of the day, its his money and he worked for it. all be it taking blows to the head in general.

If he becomes penniless, it would be sad. but he could say he had fun.. hahaha

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:02 PM