IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire vs Rigondeaux (Preview Thread-No Spoilers)
daprofessor
post Apr 10 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Lol...excited much!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But I feel ya...the buzz is really starting to build for me too. Should be a great fight.

Agreed!

Big smile! =) Mine too Bnoles, mine too!! Absolutely adored it...the book, movie. Great times!! =)

Lol

Rewatching the Marroquin fight later. And a Donaire fight...not sure yet which one. But Rigo is looking great...And Donaire appears more solid (if you will), physically, than in recent fights. He's even sporting a tan. But he's also above mandatory weight. 7 pounds over on Monday. 5 extra pounds today. Baby on the way. His "nutritionist" (heavy quotations) left him 3 weeks before the biggest fight of his career....things are getting mighty interesting over at camp Donaire.

Forgive my rhyming...lol. Once I started, kinda had to finish it. Lol

i can't get over the narvaez fight. smaller guy...defensively sound and southpaw. donaire looked like shit against him. also...as someone else pointed out...his sparring partner looks nothing like rigondeaux. that last 5lbs will be the hardest. let's see what happens.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 10 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Donaire left that Victor Conte guy, I wonder why? I really hope that Rigondeaux brings the fight to Donaire. He has yet to to prove that he can handle pressure. When the fighter is coming straight to him he performs well but when he shows some movement he gets discombobulated. Sounds like a familiar fighter to you? I think Rig has enough in his arsenal to cause real problems for Donaire. I am picking Rig late in the fight, the 11th round for a knock out. Rig has a great trainer and I believe he has enough to give Donaire a difficult time. His footwork hand speed and defense will prove to be a harder task then I think Donaire realizes. We will see if he can cut off the ring and make Rig do what Donaire wants him to do. I want to see if Doniare can force Rig to fight his fight. Cubans are known to be smart fighters, we shall soon find out. WAR RIG! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #53

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Lol...excited much!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But I feel ya...the buzz is really starting to build for me too. Should be a great fight.

I'm just getting anxious talking about it, tired of talking about it, and ready to see what happens. Lol

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 10 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Donaire left that Victor Conte guy, I wonder why?

Something real fishy was going on there...and its even funnier how he and Conte are so silent about it. Silence in the boxing world, usually means some fuckery is going on.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 10 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #54

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I think a lot of people are overlooking this fight, the magnitude of it and the complications for both sides. A lot of us are impressed by Rigondeaux, that's what got the fight made, because Rigondeaux is a very impressive fighter. It's realistically too early in his professional career to be getting a fight of this magnitude, but he got this fight because of his largely successful amateur background, and he skillfully looks more impressive than most of Donaire's competition. But first, I want to make it clear that Rigondeaux is no Floyd Mayweather. We haven't seen enough of him to put him on that level yet (which I would honestly say is a level of the highest, even greater than Donaire). I don't think we can realistically say he's going to walk through Donaire and vice versa.
This however is a very big fight IMO, like a Ray Leonard vs Thomas Hearns caliber type of a fight. This is not just a warrior/gladiator fight of the year hype type of fight, both fighters bring a lot of high caliber skill to the table. This fight can be difficult to determine. I see it kind of a toss up, with multiple possible outcomes.

Rigondeaux often becomes overly patient, Donaire is capable of exploiting this, because he knows how to be an aggressor, and can win rounds with activity. Donaire himself can often be impatient and become careless against patient fighters, leaving himself open to counters. That's a win type of fight for Rigondeaux, but I'm sure Donaire is not that stupid. Donaire actually does have some versatility. Donaire often changes the way he fights, and you see Donaire become careless a lot, especially in recent fights, but I think hes a kind of guy who respects the level of his competition. Where he will naturally open himself up more, if he feels the guy isn't too much of a threat and whatnot. If you notice, he's more careful in some fights compared to others. I'd expect he'd do that in this fight with Rigondeaux, knowing his style of patient counter-punching and how big of a puncher he is. He did the same with other fighters like Montiel. Donaire also takes punishment well as far as I can tell, where Rigondeaux has been easily hurt and wobbled by big punches. And both fighters are big punchers. That's actually a really big advantage there for Donaire. Donaire is no joke of a counter puncher himself, Rigondeaux has a lot to watch out for. This looks more of a slow chess-match kind of fight, who can bait and hurt who first. We can expect either a decision if both fighters respect each other long enough, or a knockout when either fighter gives in. I also wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a high paced fight, where the tense scale pushes them both out of their element, and it may become a war. We haven't seen Rigondeaux in that kind of fight before, so Donaire may have more options in this fight. I think there's a lot we can expect, and a lot of people should be looking forward to this fight. Probably the best one coming up.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 11 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #55

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'm officially off the fence. I think Rigo takes it. he was kind of a mystery to me, so I went and did some research on him. Watches a few fights and lots of highlights. He has the elusivity of Pernell Whitaker and the explosiveness of Zab Judah. Nice combination to have. When Donaire cant hit you with power shots, he get frustrated as hell and makes huge mistakes that I think Rigo will take advantage of.

I've seen Donaire lose discipline and swing for the fence out of frustration way to many times. This guy will make him pay. Rigo is disciplined and very fast. I see him stopping Donaire. This fight is a sleeper for matchup of the year. Donaire slept on this guy in the same way Cotto slept on Trout. He's gonna get beat like Cotto and maybe stopped.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 11 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #56

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 07:06 PM) *
i can't get over the narvaez fight. smaller guy...defensively sound and southpaw. donaire looked like shit against him. also...as someone else pointed out...his sparring partner looks nothing like rigondeaux. that last 5lbs will be the hardest. let's see what happens.

Gonna watch that one later....don't think I've seen it.

Yes sir, those 5lbs will be a challenge. Don't know if he's had that problem before. I do know he walks around heavy (for his weight class) at a little over 140.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 08:55 PM) *
I'm just getting anxious talking about it, tired of talking about it, and ready to see what happens. Lol

Something real fishy was going on there...and its even funnier how he and Conte are so silent about it. Silence in the boxing world, usually means some fuckery is going on.

Yep, the 'silence' is speaking...

P.S. What's up with the new bodyguards, Donaire is walking around with? Kinda funny to me. Lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #57

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

VJones is ALWAYS droppin' gems in these threads!

We need to pass out some awards or somethin'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 12 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #58

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 07:06 PM) *

Watched the Narvaez fight. I remembered it. And yes, Donaire was not impressive. Especially with the kind of physical advantages he had. He looked HUGE in comparison to Narvaez. It was interesting to hear Max rag on Donaire and praise Narv. His B.A.D. days...once upon a time when he was more objective, honest, and less of a cheerleader for the "house" fighter.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2013, 08:30 PM) *
VJones is ALWAYS droppin' gems in these threads!

We need to pass out some awards or somethin'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

C, I'm trying to win the FightHype Jr. Featherweight championship belt...then I'll move up to Featherweight...clean out the division, and sit on the throne for 30 more months, then I'm gone! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 12 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #59

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 08:55 PM) *

Anyone dealing or has dealt with conte is suspect. Period.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 12 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 11 2013, 12:13 AM) *
I'm officially off the fence. I think Rigo takes it. he was kind of a mystery to me, so I went and did some research on him. Watches a few fights and lots of highlights. He has the elusivity of Pernell Whitaker and the explosiveness of Zab Judah. Nice combination to have. When Donaire cant hit you with power shots, he get frustrated as hell and makes huge mistakes that I think Rigo will take advantage of.

I've seen Donaire lose discipline and swing for the fence out of frustration way to many times. This guy will make him pay. Rigo is disciplined and very fast. I see him stopping Donaire. This fight is a sleeper for matchup of the year. Donaire slept on this guy in the same way Cotto slept on Trout. He's gonna get beat like Cotto and maybe stopped.

I'm with u on this one.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:39 AM