IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Less than 24 hours for Mayweather., The countdown is on.
checkleft
post Aug 6 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Mayweather stops him in a rematch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 6 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Cotto can feel as though he could have done more all he wants... he was in there with a superior athlete mentally and physically, and his perceived success against floyd was made possible by Floyd choosing to make a "fan friendly" scrap and Cotto pretty much got toyed with as is evidenced when rewatching.. he had some moments, but I guess the presence of blood in some people's eyes renders a fight close... but not in this one... the judges got it right.. rematches are usually more emphatic... Cotto gets stopped...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) u and floyd can believe that lie if u want...but i know better. i'd be willing to bet the house cotto doesn't get stopped. the more floyd opens up...the more chances he gives cotto. make no mistake about it....cotto is thee most intelligent fighter floyd has ever faced. he did things to floyd no other opponent was able to do. i get the whole thing with trying to diminish what cotto did...but believe me...what pac did to cotto has no bearing on what floyd was unable to do...or the success that cotto had in spots. it doesn't play into how floyd/pac would match up or any of that. but i get why everyone wants to diminish it..."pac stopped cotto...floyd is better than pac so he should have stopped him to...but instead he chose to make it fan friendly, blah, blah, blah..." styles make fights. and for the record...the cotto that fought floyd stops pac.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Aug 6 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #63

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 6 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Mayweather stops him in a rematch.

116-112, 117-111, 118-110... barely could find four clear rounds Cotto won the first time around.. Cotto wants to move to 160 and is not clamoring for a rematch... unless I am wrong I have not heard much rematch talk from him.

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Aug 6 2012, 08:02 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

So I guess Floyd bloodied his own nose and mouth, and jabbed himself to death?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 6 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #65

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 6 2012, 12:38 AM) *
maybe he can fight in miami and have lebron and wade help promote the fight

I was with you until you said Lebron and Wade lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2012, 07:20 PM) *
make no mistake about it...there was nothing lucky about the shot garcia landed on khan. he was zeroing that one in the whole first two rounds. no need for a rematch in that one. they said they were going to knock khan out...and they did.

it wasn't one of mayweathers hardest fight....it was his hardest fight. he has said so himself. i had the fight 8-4 the first time i watched it...but the case can be made for 7-5 and i believe cotto has much room for improvement. there are things in his arsenal that he did not use that could have swung that fight in his favor. i'd be eager to see the rematch because i believe cotto knows he didn't do all he could do. add to that the floyd was sick and had a hurt hand...let's roll the dice and see what it looks like. at worst....another very entertaining fight.

if it wasn't a lucky shot then he should be able to do it again should he not, why not prove it in a rematch

just saw the other part lol, seems like it'll just go more in Floyd's favour. What else could Cotto of done?

This post has been edited by mgrover: Aug 6 2012, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 6 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #67

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2012, 01:20 PM) *
make no mistake about it...there was nothing lucky about the shot garcia landed on khan. he was zeroing that one in the whole first two rounds. no need for a rematch in that one. they said they were going to knock khan out...and they did.

it wasn't one of mayweathers hardest fight....it was his hardest fight. he has said so himself. i had the fight 8-4 the first time i watched it...but the case can be made for 7-5 and i believe cotto has much room for improvement. there are things in his arsenal that he did not use that could have swung that fight in his favor. i'd be eager to see the rematch because i believe cotto knows he didn't do all he could do. add to that the floyd was sick and had a hurt hand...let's roll the dice and see what it looks like. at worst....another very entertaining fight.

If they did decide to do another rematch, it would be an entertaining fight as you said but why at MSG? I'm jut curious. Floyd can fight in any state and pull in numbers.. I just don't get why people always say "they should do the rematch at MSG". It's other places in the world besides NY.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2012, 02:28 AM) *
If they did decide to do another rematch, it would be an entertaining fight as you said but why at MSG? I'm jut curious. Floyd can fight in any state and pull in numbers.. I just don't get why people always say "they should do the rematch at MSG". It's other places in the world besides NY.

i think its because he hasnt fought in MSG, am not 100% sure on that and be remembering it wrong.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #69

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 09:27 PM) *
if it wasn't a lucky shot then he should be able to do it again should he not, why not prove it in a rematch

just saw the other part lol, seems like it'll just go more in Floyd's favour. What else could Cotto of done?

Because Khan doesn't deserve a rematch. He never gives them when he wins, so he should suck it up and move on. He's worn out his welcome at 140 anyway...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

am not here arguing for Khan cause am not part of his management team, am just saying I'd like to see how he fairs in a rematch, I don't care about the politics of it, that Khan wouldn't of given Garcia a rematch, I just want to see a rematch to clear it up, that's all.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:27 PM