post May 5 2010, 05:00 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

MMA UPDATE
By Scott Shaffer

Emilianenko, Lesnar announce separate fights

MMA is taking a page out of boxing's book of problems. Today, two separate heavyweight championship claimants announced separate title defenses, one of them against an interim titlist. The world’s consensus #1 heavyweight and pound-for-pound MMA fighter, Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko (31-1), will defend the Strikeforce title against two-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion Fabricio “Vai Cavalo” Werdum (13-4) at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. on Saturday, June 26th, live on Showtime at 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).

Found that little snippet on another boxing website. Can you guys spot the obvious mistake? And maybe enlighten Mr. Shaffer?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pcraw
post May 5 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #2

The Talent

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,158

No enlightenment needed it's an idiotic website. I didn't know Fedor was Strikeforce's heavyweight champion. Idiot!

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 5 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (pcraw @ May 5 2010, 12:44 PM) *
No enlightenment needed it's an idiotic website. I didn't know Fedor was Strikeforce's heavyweight champion. Idiot!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Idiotic is the right word. How hard would it be for a "professional" to check that shit out before submitting it.

Hell, I don't even post on these boards without checking EVERYTHING out before hand. This guy... damn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Though to be fair, Overeem hasn't fought for Strikeforce in a billion years, lol, and he may get himself blitzed against Rogers, so eventually, Shaffer might be right in the end.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 6 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #4

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

LOL. Honestly, I don't even know why they even bother. NOBODY reads that site for any MMA news....hell, barely anybody reads that site, period!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Funny that I just received a notification that a ScottShaffer just registered an account here. Now I have to find some free time to approve the account.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 6 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (thehype @ May 6 2010, 09:02 PM) *
LOL. Honestly, I don't even know why they even bother. NOBODY reads that site for any MMA news....hell, barely anybody reads that site, period!

Funny that I just received a notification that a ScottShaffer just registered an account here. Now I have to find some free time to approve the account.

He probably signed up just to refute this topic, lol.

Seriously though, the only other site I visit on a regular basis for MMA news is Sherdog. That other website, hell, you can't even get any real boxing news there. All you get is some lame-ass opinion pieces, and all the latest updates on Ishe Smith, Monte Barrett, and the two Kauffmans.

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 7 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #6

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

LOL. No doubt. Mailbagtalk.com. LOL.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:07 PM