JONdaCON817
post May 4 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 3 2011, 09:14 AM) *
I like Diaz in this one.

GSP has no confidence in his stand up Diaz has the edge in striking and chin but GSP won't stand with him long he'll take him down but Diaz is no slouch on the ground either he'll work from the bottom enough to make GSP think and whne the fight stands back up Diaz will take GSP out.

Shields has to be one of the worst strikers MMA yet he was popping GSP with jabs and was never came close to being stopped.

Plz explain how Diaz has a better Chin the GSP... theyve both been KOd once in thier careers and ive never seen GSP even dropped..

The only reason Shields landed anything on him was because GSP was clearly Blinded.. he couldnt see any punches coming..

did you see Noons vs Diaz? 1 or 2 his stand up isnt great. he is very hittable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 4 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

I agree with those of you picking GSP in this fight, but I don't think it's a blow out by any means. And since Diaz doesn't have one punch KO power, it is very possible we see a little bit of a stand-up war.

GSP probably carries more power in his hands than Diaz, but I think Diaz is probably the better boxer and has the better chin. But it doesn't matter. Because at the end of the day, wrestling is Diaz's kryptonite and GSP has some of the best wrestling in the game. Diaz gets outpointed for 5 rounds and then flips GSP off at the end.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 5 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 4 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Plz explain how Diaz has a better Chin the GSP... theyve both been KOd once in thier careers and ive never seen GSP even dropped..

The only reason Shields landed anything on him was because GSP was clearly Blinded.. he couldnt see any punches coming..

did you see Noons vs Diaz? 1 or 2 his stand up isnt great. he is very hittable.

Anyone could tell you Diaz has the better chin there should be no arguement there.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post May 6 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #14

Yeaa any could TELL me... but sayin it and proving it is 2 diff things.. again.. hes never been KO'd in the stand up..

and Diaz doesnt have the endurance to keep up with George..

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 6 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 6 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Yeaa any could TELL me... but sayin it and proving it is 2 diff things.. again.. hes never been KO'd in the stand up..

and Diaz doesnt have the endurance to keep up with George..

Are you kidding me Matt Serra who is a C level fighter at best and is not known for his stand up whooped his ass on the feet and if your indicating that GSp was technically stopped on the ground in that fight thats because it's MMA not boxing a fighter could follow you to the ground. GSP went down and got stopped because of what Serra did to him in the stand up.

GSP chin is not better than Diaz and you could see it when he fights his confidence to trade punches is gone ever since he got stopped.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: May 6 2011, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 6 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #16

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

GSP has a tiny mental chink in my opinion. You see a bit of nervousness in between rounds, where he is injured. EG his groin strain vs hardy (i think it was hardy), and his eye injury vs Shields. Its understandable of course, but i think it shows he can be unsettled. Its a tiny tiny flaw, because it doesnt seem to effect his performance in the fight itself. Its probably because he is such a perfectionist, little niggles upset him.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post May 7 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 6 2011, 08:37 PM) *
Are you kidding me Matt Serra who is a C level fighter at best and is not known for his stand up whooped his ass on the feet and if your indicating that GSp was technically stopped on the ground in that fight thats because it's MMA not boxing a fighter could follow you to the ground. GSP went down and got stopped because of what Serra did to him in the stand up.

GSP chin is not better than Diaz and you could see it when he fights his confidence to trade punches is gone ever since he got stopped.

Diaz is coccier then GSP.. which can also be your downfall... GSP is cautious but at the end of the day he wins fights..

GSP lost in the first round.. 3 mins in, theres no way you can get your 'ass whooped' in that lil amount of time.. Serra landed 1 luccy shot, that fools swole as hell, you dont have to have great stand up.. but a guy that big deff has a punchers chance..

you forget he stopped Serra in the rubber match which is what i believe to be the true outcome.. Serra was 10 fights ago.

your delusional to think Diaz is better... checc the level of competition.. the lass person who Diaz beat was Paul Daley who was brutalized by Koscheck who was completely dominated by GSP..

take a look at both of there lass 10 fights..

GSP has wins over names like Shields, Koscheck twice, Hardy, Alves, Penn, Fitch, Serra, Hughes...
Diaz wins are Daley, Santos, Noons, Sakurai, Zaromskis, Scott Smith, papa Shamrocc, etc...

GSP has faced FAR better strikers some might even be better strikers then Diaz.. Hardy, Alves, Penn, possibly Koscheck..

the point is GSP can only be beat by someone who fights a style similar to Chucc Liddel.. good at stuffing the takedowns and has tremendous power in either hand coming forward or goin baccwords.. Diaz isnt that guy. your overrating Diaz because you dislike GSP so much... im only stating facts as your arguements seem to be more opinion based..

the only person i see beating GSP (besides having a punchers chance) is your boy Spyder.. even then i think he wins it on the ground via submission and not by KO.. but thats juss my opinion...

and i belive Sean Sherk and Joe Riggs are C level fighters too, both of whom beat Diaz... he also lost to Mr. Judo Toss Karo Parisyan and Diego Sanchez.. neither of those guys would have a snowballs chance in hell vs GSP.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post May 7 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 6 2011, 11:15 PM) *
GSP has a tiny mental chink in my opinion. You see a bit of nervousness in between rounds, where he is injured. EG his groin strain vs hardy (i think it was hardy), and his eye injury vs Shields. Its understandable of course, but i think it shows he can be unsettled. Its a tiny tiny flaw, because it doesnt seem to effect his performance in the fight itself. Its probably because he is such a perfectionist, little niggles upset him.

thats exactly what it is.. this guy beats himself up if he doesnt perfectly do something..

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 7 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 7 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Diaz is coccier then GSP.. which can also be your downfall... GSP is cautious but at the end of the day he wins fights..

GSP lost in the first round.. 3 mins in, theres no way you can get your 'ass whooped' in that lil amount of time.. Serra landed 1 luccy shot, that fools swole as hell, you dont have to have great stand up.. but a guy that big deff has a punchers chance..

you forget he stopped Serra in the rubber match which is what i believe to be the true outcome.. Serra was 10 fights ago.

your delusional to think Diaz is better... checc the level of competition.. the lass person who Diaz beat was Paul Daley who was brutalized by Koscheck who was completely dominated by GSP..

take a look at both of there lass 10 fights..

GSP has wins over names like Shields, Koscheck twice, Hardy, Alves, Penn, Fitch, Serra, Hughes...
Diaz wins are Daley, Santos, Noons, Sakurai, Zaromskis, Scott Smith, papa Shamrocc, etc...

GSP has faced FAR better strikers some might even be better strikers then Diaz.. Hardy, Alves, Penn, possibly Koscheck..

the point is GSP can only be beat by someone who fights a style similar to Chucc Liddel.. good at stuffing the takedowns and has tremendous power in either hand coming forward or goin baccwords.. Diaz isnt that guy. your overrating Diaz because you dislike GSP so much... im only stating facts as your arguements seem to be more opinion based..

the only person i see beating GSP (besides having a punchers chance) is your boy Spyder.. even then i think he wins it on the ground via submission and not by KO.. but thats juss my opinion...

and i belive Sean Sherk and Joe Riggs are C level fighters too, both of whom beat Diaz... he also lost to Mr. Judo Toss Karo Parisyan and Diego Sanchez.. neither of those guys would have a snowballs chance in hell vs GSP.

I didn't forget anything son. I know GSP beat Serra in the rematch just like he should have doen in the first fight but you said GSP had never been stopped in the stand up. So i pointed to that ass whoopin Serra gave him i don't care if it was only 1 min or two Serra whooped his ass plaine and simple.

I picked Diaz just because GSP has been looking like sh*t to me and im juts not a big fan of the guy and because Diaz has pretty good stand up for the average MMA fighter and GSP has shown he can be hurt on the feet.

As for Daiz loseing to those other guys so f*ckin what that was a long time ago just like the Serra lose and Hughes he's a different fighter now Daiz than he wasat that time.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post May 7 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 7 2011, 02:28 PM) *
I didn't forget anything son. I know GSP beat Serra in the rematch just like he should have doen in the first fight but you said GSP had never been stopped in the stand up. So i pointed to that ass whoopin Serra gave him i don't care if it was only 1 min or two Serra whooped his ass plaine and simple.

I picked Diaz just because GSP has been looking like sh*t to me and im juts not a big fan of the guy and because Diaz has pretty good stand up for the average MMA fighter and GSP has shown he can be hurt on the feet.

As for Daiz loseing to those other guys so f*ckin what that was a long time ago just like the Serra lose and Hughes he's a different fighter now Daiz than he wasat that time.

exactly.. that was the point i was making, by you using the Serra reference, SO FUXXIN WHAT IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO... thats why i also pointed out the lass 10 RECENT fights of both men.. Diaz has fought noone even close to the skills that GSP possesses... Diaz claims hes the best WW in the world.. i promise once he got in the cage with GSP he'd be hit with a rude awakening..

honestly tho ive seen Nick Diaz hurt ALOT more times then GSP on the stand up.. i deff agree with the fact that GSP is overly cautious and needs to let his hands go more but at the same time thats juss how the man fights... he has a cautious counter offensive style similar to the mentality of Mayweather... alot of ppl complain about his 'defense first' type of fighting style but its whatever works for you... GSP is a smart fighter if he thinks Diaz has the edge on stand up then he'll take the fight to the ground... if he feels Diaz has the upper hand in BJJ then he'll keep it standing. whatever it takes to WIN which is the point of this forum topic...

GSP still wins this one.. i think Koscheck/Diaz would be a better fight to watch.. or Diaz/Hardy... thatd be a good measuring sticc to show how Nick would match up against some of the UFC guys..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:05 AM