IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dana White calling Mayweather a racist for Pacquiao & Jeremy Lin comments, Ellerbe Responds (Topics Merged)
BlueMercury
post Feb 22 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #1

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,526

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Feb 22 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

Mayweather is right. All the hoopla is because he's Asian. Is Jeremy Lin a good player? Yes, which Floyd stated. Just because you say Linsanity has largely to do with his ethnicity doesn't have to be such a negative thing. I think it has to do with a few factors and not in order...

1, it's NYC and the Knicks., no bigger stage.

.2.He's not African American..We have expectations. If anyone asked the entire US, what ethnicity do you expect the next NBA sensation to be, most would answer African American. What happens on American Idol when a 16 year old has great singing ability? They're immediately favored and everyone says, "wow to sing that well and to be only 16!".

3. Underdog. Everyone loves an underdog

4. His community absolutely adores him and they should

All that being said, Floyd saying this is just because his race isn't completely true but partly true. At the same time it is what it is. If the Jeremy was black, America would expect it and it doesn't have the same impact.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 22 2012, 09:19 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Still surprised that Dana doesn't have a clue why the mega fight hasn't happened yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 22 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The same network who first blew this thing up (ESPN) said something that can be viewed as racist themselves. When Lin lost against the Hornets and had a bunch of turnovers, they ran an article headlined Chink in the Armor. Why isn't everybody all outraged about that? I think neither comment is that serious. People need to grow up. There are way more offensive things in the world, like the fact that Republicans blatantly disrespect our president in unprecedented fashion on national TV. If I went on TV and questioned Tim Tebow's religious beliefs right now, I'd get crucified. But it happens at almost every Republican gathering.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 22 2012, 09:35 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 22 2012, 09:22 AM) *
The same network who first blew this thing up (ESPN) said something that can be viewed as racist themselves. When Lin lost against the Hornets and had a bunch of turnovers, they ran an article headlined Chink in the Armor. Why isn't everybody all outraged about that? I think neither comment is that serious. People need to grow up. There are way more offensive things in the world, like the fact that Republicans blatantly disrespect our president in unprecedented fashion on national TV. If I went on TV and questioned Tim Tebow's religious beliefs right now, I'd get crucified. But it happens at almost every Republican gathering.

Exactly! Nobody made a damn fuss about the "Chink in his armor" comment, but as soon as Floyd passes gas and says it's a natural and he's entitled to do it...people immediately get a wild hair up their ass. I truly hate the fact that FMJ went on that rant about Pacquiao a while back...it truly help him with this Jeremy Lin fiasco.

As far as that presidential stuff...that's another can of worms (a pringle-sized can of worms), but I agree.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 22 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Dana White is the Bob Arum of MMA, so he should STFU and just collect his millions. Pay your UFC guys a fair amount and stay out of boxing's way

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Feb 22 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

Dana White can eat a dick

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 22 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Anybody remember this? Its' funny how he can call Floyd racist, but he straight called somebody a faggot, and if Im my memory serves me correctly, this video cause him to catch a lot of heat from GLADD, since he decided to used the word "faggot".

I know what country we live in, so verbally or physically attacking someone of a "preferred sexual orientation outside of the norm" is just as bad as anything racist...nowadays anyway.

Yet, another case of the kettle calling the pot black...

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Feb 22 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I generally like Dana and the Fertitta brothers a lot, but this isn't just off base, it's fucking retarded.

First of all, a lot of what Floyd says and does has to be taken with a grain of salt. He's not a politician. He doesn't work a white collar job where HR will be breathing down your neck the minute you even suggest something inappropriate. He's a boxer, and he gets punched in the face for a living.

More importantly, "Money Mayweather" is a personality used to market Floyd's unique brand. I remember when he famously said, "America loves 2 things: controversy and money".

All of his antics, whether it's calling Pacquiao a yellow faggot, attributing the Jeremy Lin hype to his race and burning $100 bills at a night club are all a part of the Money Mayweather persona.

It's brutally simple: Floyd doesn't give a fuck about whether or not people like him, or even necessarily respect him. His own admissions about wanting people to acknowledge his genius is likely bullshit, because Floyd doesn't need anyone to motivate him. He knows he's the best of this era and very likely could beat any great welterweight boxer from any era.

All Floyd cares about is money and truthfully, there's nothing wrong with that. He's right in that when he says at the end of the day, his kids and his family are the only ones who will take care of him when his time is up.

Listen, it's important to be nice and respectful to people. However, just being politically correct and trying to smile with motherfuckers ain't shit. When that zombie apocalypse hits, you'd best believe it's you and your own that will have your back.

Lastly, Dana can say what he wants, but it's not just about them stealing from the UFC fighters (LOL at $6,000 and possible $6,000 bonus for a max of 3-4 fights a year when you have to pay for your camp, coaches, sparring partners, managers, etc....at least a boxer making a couple of grand per night can fight every month if he is able and willing to). It's also the fact that he himself wouldn't co-promote with M-1 Global for Fedor's fights. How does that make it any different from Top Rank and Golden Boy ? Get the fuck out of here with that weak ass shit.

What now, you bald headed bitch ?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 22 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 22 2012, 06:12 PM) *
I generally like Dana and the Fertitta brothers a lot, but this isn't just off base, it's fucking retarded.

First of all, a lot of what Floyd says and does has to be taken with a grain of salt. He's not a politician. He doesn't work a white collar job where HR will be breathing down your neck the minute you even suggest something inappropriate. He's a boxer, and he gets punched in the face for a living.

More importantly, "Money Mayweather" is a personality used to market Floyd's unique brand. I remember when he famously said, "America loves 2 things: controversy and money".

All of his antics, whether it's calling Pacquiao a yellow faggot, attributing the Jeremy Lin hype to his race and burning $100 bills at a night club are all a part of the Money Mayweather persona.

It's brutally simple: Floyd doesn't give a fuck about whether or not people like him, or even necessarily respect him. His own admissions about wanting people to acknowledge his genius is likely bullshit, because Floyd doesn't need anyone to motivate him. He knows he's the best of this era and very likely could beat any great welterweight boxer from any era.

All Floyd cares about is money and truthfully, there's nothing wrong with that. He's right in that when he says at the end of the day, his kids and his family are the only ones who will take care of him when his time is up.

Listen, it's important to be nice and respectful to people. However, just being politically correct and trying to smile with motherfuckers ain't shit. When that zombie apocalypse hits, you'd best believe it's you and your own that will have your back.

Lastly, Dana can say what he wants, but it's not just about them stealing from the UFC fighters (LOL at $6,000 and possible $6,000 bonus for a max of 3-4 fights a year when you have to pay for your camp, coaches, sparring partners, managers, etc....at least a boxer making a couple of grand per night can fight every month if he is able and willing to). It's also the fact that he himself wouldn't co-promote with M-1 Global for Fedor's fights. How does that make it any different from Top Rank and Golden Boy ? Get the fuck out of here with that weak ass shit.

What now, you bald headed bitch ?

so why does mayweather constantly bitch about not getting his dues, cause am really getting bored of that tune.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:37 PM