IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> if you were a black fighter...would you sign with bob arum?
Hotsauce
post Jan 4 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

more fighters should be independent
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 4 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 4 2013, 01:36 AM) *
more fighters should be independent

more top level fighters...yes. every fighter? no. boxing would be held hostage by every guy who over estimates his value.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 4 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 3 2013, 02:57 PM) *
he did right by pavlik in the beginning...

he did right by yuri foreman...

he did right by cotto in the beginning...

he should have dropped margarito a loooooooong time ago but rode that one until the wheels fell off...

he's promoting the shit out of donaire....how the fuck is he fighter of the year for beating 4 guys who had zero chance of winning?

he promoted the shit out of chavez too!

if you're white or latino...u got a better chance with arum and u don't exactly have to have a clean cut image.

Yea but you could argue in the case of Cotto, Donaire and especially Chavez...they promoted themselves. Cotto was once as adored as Manny. He was the new IT guy for Puerto Rico. Donaire is kinda the next Manny for Filipino fans and Chavez didnt need promoting.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 4 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 2 2013, 02:37 PM) *
help refresh my memory....when was the last time arum promoted a top black fighter? it seems to me he signs them to protect his best interests.

would u sign with him if u were black?

i remember him playing the race card for kelly pavlik stating that he was being discriminated against because he was white. the black fighters he signs seem to be after thoughts.

what does this mean for tim bradley???

Question 1: Not No, but HELL NO!!

The black fighters are afterthoughts, look how he's dissin Bradley.

Nothing at all for Brad, he doesn't care about Tim, Brad isn't a big puncher and doesn't attract the kid of crowd the Money Hungry Arum wants.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 4 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 4 2013, 11:41 AM) *
Yea but you could argue in the case of Cotto, Donaire and especially Chavez...they promoted themselves. Cotto was once as adored as Manny. He was the new IT guy for Puerto Rico. Donaire is kinda the next Manny for Filipino fans and Chavez didnt need promoting.

a big part of promoting is matchmaking. knowing how to select opposition that will help your fighter grow...build his skill set...build his confidence. top rank is one of the best at this when it comes to fighters they want to promote. cotto had a semi built in fan base at msg because of tito. chavez definitely had his pops name to fall on...but make no mistake about it, top rank protected them by selecting the right opposition at the right time to help build them into the stars they became. donaire is getting the same treatment right now and has benefited from the work arum put in with pac.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 4 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 4 2013, 11:41 AM) *

a big part of promoting is matchmaking. knowing how to select opposition that will help your fighter grow...build his skill set...build his confidence. top rank is one of the best at this when it comes to fighters they want to promote. cotto had a semi built in fan base at msg because of tito. chavez definitely had his pops name to fall on...but make no mistake about it, top rank protected them by selecting the right opposition at the right time to help build them into the stars they became. donaire is getting the same treatment right now and has benefited from the work arum put in with pac.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 4 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 4 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Question 1: Not No, but HELL NO!!

The black fighters are afterthoughts, look how he's dissin Bradley.

Nothing at all for Brad, he doesn't care about Tim, Brad isn't a big puncher and doesn't attract the kid of crowd the Money Hungry Arum wants.

bradley is top 2 or 3 at welterweight and light welter. he is money in the bank and will not be beaten anytime soon. he has the potential to be a big star if given the right opposition. he doesn't need to be a huge puncher to accomplish this. i think some opponents that will help him shine are guys like garcia, ortiz, rios, maidana, guerrero, berto, khan and ultimately matthysse. i'd favor him over all of them except for matthysse...that's even money. problem is...with the exception of rios...all of the fighters i named are gbp fighters. arum won't roll the dice against them.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 4 2013, 03:43 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 4 2013, 02:02 PM) *
bradley is top 2 or 3 at welterweight and light welter. he is money in the bank and will not be beaten anytime soon. he has the potential to be a big star if given the right opposition. he doesn't need to be a huge puncher to accomplish this. i think some opponents that will help him shine are guys like garcia, ortiz, rios, maidana, guerrero, berto, khan and ultimately matthysse. i'd favor him over all of them except for matthysse...that's even money. problem is...with the exception of rios...all of the fighters i named are gbp fighters. arum won't roll the dice against them.

That's putting a lot of chips on Bradley. I think he's good but there are definitely some guys at 140-147 that would be more than a handful for him.

Btw I hope no one ever mentions guerrero and Bradley in the same sentence again! Lol that would be the most shit riddled dirty fight ever! Imagine Bradley vs Alexander 10X!!! The unrated version with exclusive punching while grabbing and thumbing in hd.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 4 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 4 2013, 04:43 PM) *
That's putting a lot of chips on Bradley. I think he's good but there are definitely some guys at 140-147 that would be more than a handful for him.

Btw I hope no one ever mentions guerrero and Bradley in the same sentence again! Lol that would be the most shit riddled dirty fight ever! Imagine Bradley vs Alexander 10X!!! The unrated version with exclusive punching while grabbing and thumbing in hd.

bradley is that good! i'd put him at #1 at 140lbs....and #2 or 3 at 147.

he was breaking alexander down and was about to tear off into him before that headbutt happened. the headbutt robbed him of a good finish. alexander quit in that one.

as for guerrero/bradley...that would be a helluva match up!!! both guys come to fight. i'd give the slight edge to bradley but wouldn't be shocked if guerrero beat him.

i don't get all the hate for them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i think it's only because both are/were gunning for the big dogs. nothing wrong with that. bradley did what he said he would...he beat pac...and i think guerrero is going to shock a lot of ppl when he fights floyd. both are very worthy top notch fighters.

on a side note...bradley needs a soft touch in his next bout to knock off some of the rust. his last two lay offs have been long as shit. that's not good for any fighter.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 4 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 4 2013, 09:25 PM) *
bradley is that good! i'd put him at #1 at 140lbs....and #2 or 3 at 147.

he was breaking alexander down and was about to tear off into him before that headbutt happened. the headbutt robbed him of a good finish. alexander quit in that one.

as for guerrero/bradley...that would be a helluva match up!!! both guys come to fight. i'd give the slight edge to bradley but wouldn't be shocked if guerrero beat him.

i don't get all the hate for them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i think it's only because both are/were gunning for the big dogs. nothing wrong with that. bradley did what he said he would...he beat pac...and i think guerrero is going to shock a lot of ppl when he fights floyd. both are very worthy top notch fighters.

on a side note...bradley needs a soft touch in his next bout to knock off some of the rust. his last two lay offs have been long as shit. that's not good for any fighter.

on an even more side note WTF ever happened to the Khan fight. Bradley turned that down to sell his soul to the devil and he deserves to be where hes at. No sympathy from me at all, he could of fought Khan when Khan was at the top of his game, but instead he let Peterson do it, and ultimately Garcia.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:55 PM