IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sugar Ray Robinson vs Floyd Mayweather..
PR316
post Jul 22 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Another thing about Lamotta is that he would get more aggressive if he got hurt. Not only could he fight through it but sorta like Erik Morales, if you hurt him he would get right on you to try and hurt you back.

If Floyd got hurt against Robinson, you would really see him do alot of running and moving, plus tying up and all that. But Robinson would be able to manhandle him in clinches.

Because of the styles Floyd can last the distance. But if he gets into any kind of war, he would not survive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 22 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #22

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

If he lost to Lamatta he could lose to Floyd... All this conjecture about Floyd running etc... Please Floyd vs Lamatta... LMAO... Lamatta would be lucky to land 20 clean punches the entire night... I respect RAY ROB as one of the greatest ever.... Floyd is in that category skill wise and no way a Lamatta beats Floyd. Interesting that Ray Rob weighed as a welter in the bouts with Lamatta a 160 pound Lamatta against Floyd at the weights Ray Rob entered into would be too slow for FLOYD who is faster and had better defense than Robinson. Mayweather would give Robinson all types of trouble..

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 22 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #23

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 22 2010, 02:01 PM) *
If he lost to Lamatta he could lose to Floyd... All this conjecture about Floyd running etc... Please Floyd vs Lamatta... LMAO... Lamatta would be lucky to land 20 clean punches the entire night... I respect RAY ROB as one of the greatest ever.... Floyd is in that category skill wise and no way a Lamatta beats Floyd. Interesting that Ray Rob weighed as a welter in the bouts with Lamatta a 160 pound Lamatta against Floyd at the weights Ray Rob entered into would be too slow for FLOYD who is faster and had better defense than Robinson. Mayweather would give Robinson all types of trouble..

Castillo in my opinion beat Floyd and you could make a comparison between Castillo and LaMotta..

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jul 22 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 22 2010, 03:01 PM) *

Its not that simple. Boxing is not that type of sport where you can look at two guys be like "Ok, this guy is better than that one so he would do what the other one did".

Styles make fights and while Floyd would be slippery and hard to hit for Robinson, I don't see him imposing his style on a faster and stronger fighter than him.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 22 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #25

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (PR316 @ Jul 22 2010, 05:23 PM) *
Its not that simple. Boxing is not that type of sport where you can look at two guys be like "Ok, this guy is better than that one so he would do what the other one did".

Styles make fights and while Floyd would be slippery and hard to hit for Robinson, I don't see him imposing his style on a faster and stronger fighter than him.

Exactly.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jul 23 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

When talking about these dream matches i assume were talking about the fighters at there absolute best or in there greatest performances.

Robinson lost to lamotta once and then came back and whooped him some four or five times.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 23 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 22 2010, 07:20 PM) *
Castillo in my opinion beat Floyd and you could make a comparison between Castillo and LaMotta..

not just your opinion jonny, in most fans opinions that I have talked to

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 23 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #28

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I certainly favor Robinson but what's this B.S about Floyd running if he got hurt?

I'm not sure if you guys saw his last fight but Floyd became more aggressive after he got clipped. Floyd is one TOUGH prima donna.

This post has been edited by D-MARV: Jul 23 2010, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jul 23 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Yeah but Mosley and Robinson are two very different fighters.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 23 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #30

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (PR316 @ Jul 23 2010, 08:07 PM) *
Yeah but Mosley and Robinson are two very different fighters.

Yes, I'm aware... But every time Floyd has been hurt or buzzed he fights back.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:19 PM