IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Andre Ward Be The Next Floyd Mayweather?, In terms of Dominence? Boxing Skills?
Jack 1000
post May 27 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

At least so far he has masterfully out-boxed anyone that is put in front of him with amazing speed, skill, and ability. Do you guys think he will attain a dominance similar to Floyd to become one of the best? Who beats Ward even if it may be too soon to put him in Floyd's class? How do you beat Ward?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 27 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

No quite sure but he needs to clean out, maybe rematch Froch. Stop calling out Calzaghe and move up.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 27 2013, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

The guys IQ is up there with B Hops and he knows how to masterfully dictate fights and neutralize opponents best weapons. I say yeah, there's no one in his division except Froch (although I still want to see a rematch against Kessler). In terms of dominance but in terms of star power, marketing ability, and fame? Not a chance; it's sad because he should be getting the star power treatment but that's the way it is right now.

Am I the only one who wants to see Ward clean out 168 and maybe higher?

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 27 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 27 2013, 03:57 PM) *
No quite sure but he needs to clean out, maybe rematch Froch. Stop calling out Calzaghe and move up.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 27 2013, 04:23 PM) *
The guys IQ is up there with B Hops and he knows how to masterfully dictate fights and neutralize opponents best weapons. I say yeah, there's no one in his division except Froch (although I still want to see a rematch against Kessler). In terms of dominance but in terms of star power, marketing ability, and fame? Not a chance; it's sad because he should be getting the star power treatment but that's the way it is right now.

Am I the only one who wants to see Ward clean out 168 and maybe higher?

Clean out ? Are two you serious? You two must be joking... Check his resume..

This guy beat the best in his division including all the current champions. Not to mention he beat Froch with a broken left hand. The only exception is Andre Dirrell but at this point with his inactivity I dont think Dirrell is even ready for Ward.

Ward is fine. He just needs a better management team and a better promoter. Thats all. Haymon would change his life i bet. Lately i dont know why everyone keeps shitting on Andre Ward. Everyone is just running with the "He's not a ppv attraction/not exciting" comments. Obviously in America where we have so many different sport outlets and representers for our country that broadcast on local television for free it wont be easy to get people to pay to watch a sport, especially a sport that doesnt get much exposure to the general public. That doesn't mean hes not a draw. Youre only as good as your last performance. Look how many fans turned out in oakland for ward dawson? Dawson diffintely isnt a draw if ward isnt. Floyd didnt start fighting on PPV until he fought Gatti and that drew 300k buys which was okay. At the time Floyd was 34-0. Ward is currently 26-0. Thats a 8 fight difference. Do you know how many fans you can gain in 8 fights? How much can happen within a 8 fight span? Plus theres a big difference between the amount of mexicans floyd and ward fought throughout their careers, and the amount of western hemisphere talent floyd and ward had in their weight classes throughout their careers. Then people try to make a case and say Broner is more famous than Ward. Well aside from his personality clearly Broner would have more fans than ward when his possible opposition (which is FAR greater than wards) are synonymous with the hispanic fanbase or American fanbase that are familiar with these american fighters that have been fighting in golden gloves and the olympics all their lives. Whose Froch in the US? Whose Kessler? Whose Bute? Whose Bika? People need to chill.

This post has been edited by Marcus: May 27 2013, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 27 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 27 2013, 09:38 PM) *

This guy beat the best in his division including all the current champions. Not to mention he beat Froch with a broken left hand. The only exception is Andre Dirrell but at this point with his inactivity I dont think Dirrell is even ready for Ward.

Ward is fine. He just needs a better management team and a better promoter. Thats all. Haymon would change his life i bet. Lately i dont know why everyone keeps shitting on Andre Ward. Everyone is just running with the "He's not a ppv attraction/not exciting" comments. Obviously in America where we have so many different sport outlets and representers for our country that broadcast on local television for free it wont be easy to get people to pay to watch a sport, especially a sport that doesnt get much exposure to the general public. That doesn't mean hes not a draw. Youre only as good as your last performance. Look how many fans turned out in oakland for ward dawson? Dawson diffintely isnt a draw if ward isnt. Floyd didnt start fighting on PPV until he fought Gatti and that drew 300k buys which was okay. At the time Floyd was 34-0. Ward is currently 26-0. Thats a 8 fight difference. Do you know how many fans you can gain in 8 fights? How much can happen within a 8 fight span? Plus theres a big difference between the amount of mexicans floyd and ward fought throughout their careers, and the amount of western hemisphere talent floyd and ward had in their weight classes throughout their careers. Then people try to make a case and say Broner is more famous than Ward. Well aside from his personality clearly Broner would have more fans than ward when his possible opposition (which is FAR greater than wards) are synonymous with the hispanic fanbase or American fanbase that are familiar with these american fighters that have been fighting in golden gloves and the olympics all their lives. Whose Froch in the US? Whose Kessler? Whose Bute? Whose Bika? People need to chill.

Then he moves up. He's sticking around because he likes being king. Theres Robert Stieglitz, who really isn't his class but just clean it out and move up. I man jeez, he should of fought Dawson at 175lbs

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 27 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 27 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Then he moves up. He's sticking around because he likes being king. Theres Robert Stieglitz, who really isn't his class but just clean it out and move up. I man jeez, he should of fought Dawson at 175lbs

rematch at 175.... if dawson gets past this next guy

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 27 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 27 2013, 04:38 PM) *

Then like I said, Ward should move up and fight Dawson, B Hop, or even Pascal. I mean he's not going to get the big money and extra fame fights because those fighters are either too small or their promoters know better. I agree with the Dirrel statement, it's sad that he jumped ship off of Floyd's squad and went with 50 smh, now he's wasting away his prime. Hey, wasn't Dirrel the Super Six favorite at the time?

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 27 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 27 2013, 05:49 PM) *

I agree that Ward should move up. And i forgot that Stieglitz beat Abraham, but he'd still get that ass whopped even if Ward fought him. No one at 168 has a chance against Ward. The only one was Andre Dirrell and he never got the opportunity to face Ward.

Lets not forget Dawson called Ward out after he beat B-Hop. Ward never challenged Dawson at 175. Dawson challenged Ward at 168. So he deserves full credit for that W.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 27 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Then like I said, Ward should move up and fight Dawson, B Hop, or even Pascal. I mean he's not going to get the big money and extra fame fights because those fighters are either too small or their promoters know better. I agree with the Dirrel statement, it's sad that he jumped ship off of Floyd's squad and went with 50 smh, now he's wasting away his prime. Hey, wasn't Dirrel the Super Six favorite at the time?

I agree Ward should move up. But i think he should get that rematch w/Froch then do so even though its not necessary simply because financially thats a smart move. Froch=$$$

Isn't Pascal supposed to fight Bute?
B-Hop made it clear that he wants NO part of Ward after the Cloud fight.
The only one really there for him at 175 is Dawson/Pascal. Its a lose/lose because if Ward moves up and beats Dawson again then where does he go? 175 isn't a deep division. The most Talented fighters there are the ones you mentioned. If Ward beats Pascal and Dawson he'll be in the same position he was at 168. No opposition. Next thing you know people are gonna want to see him go up to cruiser weight. He might as well take his time.

And the whole fame/money issue boils down to that. Ward has NO competition that would resonate with the fans here in the western hemisphere. And the competition that he DID have he defeated. Arum/DiBella know better than to let Golovkin/Chavez go up to 168.

He was a favorite in the tourney. Dirrell made a big mistake. Im not a Genius but leaving Mayweather Promo/GBP and Al Haymon to sign with 50 Cent doesn't sound like the smartest choice. He couldve been in Wards position now or who knows, himself and Ward couldv'e been What Kessler an Froch are with a trilogy ahead of them. All Dirrell needed was Bute before Froch Got him or a rematch with Froch to put himself back in the mix.

This post has been edited by Marcus: May 27 2013, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 27 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ May 27 2013, 06:25 PM) *
I agree that Ward should move up. And i forgot that Stieglitz beat Abraham, but he'd still get that ass whopped even if Ward fought him. No one at 168 has a chance against Ward. The only one was Andre Dirrell and he never got the opportunity to face Ward.

Lets not forget Dawson called Ward out after he beat B-Hop. Ward never challenged Dawson at 175. Dawson challenged Ward at 168. So he deserves full credit for that W.

I agree Ward should move up. But i think he should get that rematch w/Froch then do so even though its not necessary simply because financially thats a smart move. Froch=$$$

Isn't Pascal supposed to fight Bute?
B-Hop made it clear that he wants NO part of Ward after the Cloud fight.
The only one really there for him at 175 is Dawson/Pascal. Its a lose/lose because if Ward moves up and beats Dawson again then where does he go? 175 isn't a deep division. The most Talented fighters there are the ones you mentioned. If Ward beats Pascal and Dawson he'll be in the same position he was at 168. No opposition. Next thing you know people are gonna want to see him go up to cruiser weight. He might as well take his time.

And the whole fame/money issue boils down to that. Ward has NO competition that would resonate with the fans here in the western hemisphere. And the competition that he DID have he defeated. Arum/DiBella know better than to let Golovkin/Chavez go up to 168.

He was a favorite in the tourney. Dirrell made a big mistake. Im not a Genius but leaving Mayweather Promo/GBP and Al Haymon to sign with 50 Cent doesn't sound like the smartest choice. He couldve been in Wards position now or who knows, himself and Ward couldv'e been What Kessler an Froch are with a trilogy ahead of them. All Dirrell needed was Bute before Froch Got him or a rematch with Froch to put himself back in the mix.

I totally agree with you on everything. Ward is in a no win situation right now and it's sad. He's going to go for quite some time in his career without a quality win, I can see it in about 2 or 3 years from now. Maybe he should move up and fight the guy nicknamed The Crusher who destroyed Campillo. I don't know, the only hope is if Ward pull a Bradley and brawl against Froch in a rematch while HBO showcase.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 27 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #10

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Andre Ward will be the next Andre Ward Lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:09 AM