Reply to this topicStart new topic
> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
sduck
post Mar 13 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #41

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

This is blowing way out of proportion because it's between two names that no one expected. Floyd said things that didn't need to be said that wasn't even relevant to the question.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 13 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #42

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 13 2013, 10:26 PM) *
This is blowing way out of proportion because it's between two names that no one expected. Floyd said things that didn't need to be said that wasn't even relevant to the question.

Exactly. No matter how valid what he did say may have been it was extremely unnecessary.

But the man sure does know how to keep himself relevant.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Mar 13 2013, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 13 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #43

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wards-man...yweather--63331

Check out Ward's piece of shit manager(J- Prince) rebuttal to Floyd. He took a lot of shots at Floyd

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 13 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #44

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 13 2013, 03:27 PM) *
what are you basing broners popularity on? i think far more ppl (especially boxing fans) know who ward is than broner. (again, for the reasons i stated in the other thread. he was the headliner in all of those matches.) broner has headlined what? 2 shows?

Broners last fight had 1.4 mil views on HBO. Thats what im basing his popularity on. Wards not doing numbers like that. HBOs fast tracking Broner to PPV.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Mar 13 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #45

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

I guess boxing is starting to turn into WWE or at least Hip Hop. Pure comedy to me.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 13 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Mayweather sounds like a delusional little man. Selling out arena's worldwide?!!? When has he fought outside the US?

The guy is asked a question about Andre Ward backing Guererro in the fight and Mayweather turns it into a how much is Andre Ward making question. It aint his business how much Andre Ward or any other man makes.

The whole bit about Ali... I dont think Ali would trade in any of it. He was a man with bravado and made the choices to fight who he fought. He paid a price, but I dont think he changes a damn thing. Mayweather will be fine after his career is over, but he did throw a subtle hint that he's avoided certain guys with his comment about the press or the fans picking who he should fight. Interestingly subtle...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 13 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

And also the bit about going down as the smartest fighter in history.... Nobody gives a shit about a smart fighter or how smart a fighter was. Just like nobody gives a shit about an undefeated nuclear physicist. I dont give a shit how much these guys make. i just want my brand of entertainment. I understand the whole bit about securing ones family, but its the job these guys chose to do. So as a fan, I want the best bang for my buck. If you can still make money without fighting the best guys, continue to do so. I know I wont pay for BS fights. I got a family to secure too.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 13 2013, 09:16 PM) *
Broners last fight had 1.4 mil views on HBO. Thats what im basing his popularity on. Wards not doing numbers like that. HBOs fast tracking Broner to PPV.

I agree, there is no way that Ward is more popular then Broner and there is no proof that one can legitimately provide to prove otherwise. If you look at the #'s that he does on his regular HBO broadcasts, they are pretty solid. Ward has been in with tougher comp and is the better fighter of the two but Ward aint more known in NO CIRCLE of boxing fans, hard core or casual...then Broner. This guys has a gold medal and he's not even a draw

No way you can tell me that Goosen got this guy more recognized then GB did Broner lol...Broner's mouth, antics, and his electric style got him his popularity. Ward is getting there but if both were to have a PPV, Broner would sell more. Talking helps and his motor mouth gets headlines. Fighting international comp is good but that don't make you more well known. I fucked a b*tch from London, does that make me a international playa like Jerome from Martin lol.

I don't like what Floyd said but sometimes when words are written it can be taken in the wrong context, but I agree with him on somethings he said, like the stuff about Canelo and his diva ways. He also had a point about how athletes choose to use God in their approach to sports, he didn't have to go at Ward but I think that was more so that he thinkin they cool and you siding with the enemy. I can respect that but he could've articulated it a better way

On the other hand, Ward and Guerrero go back a long way I think and he is just being loyal to his friend, Floyd and no one else should fault him for that. I will say Ward handled it very well with his response. I respect Ward and I have met and chatted with him on a few occasions, he's 100% truth. A man of great faith and character. My only issue with him is his team...meaning J Prince. I expected more from him in that regard. He's a man of God but he getting extorted

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I read J Prince's response and while I love Rap A Lot and what he accomplished as a record exec, he has no place in boxing. He's an extortion artist. Got caught up in a lawsuit with Dawson, Winky left him for some shady shit, Shane stopped messing around with him and that shit he pulled with Floyd is legendary. A ot of the boxers he managed have left him. In his case against Dawson, no one could give a definitive answer on what it is he does for the fighters

He is always made a point to jump into some stuff when Floyd or even 50 is involved. He got involved in a beef against 50 that wasn't his problem, he just wanted to be Suge's play pal and get at 50 because he was signed to Dre. We all know why he goes at Floyd so hard. He stole the guys money and then when Floyd wants out he sends goons at the gym to send a message. I love Andre Ward but like Biggie told 2pac, watch the company you keep

The real ether is how none of the fighters he's EVER managed have been ticket sellers or made big money. None of them put asses in seats. Most of them got decent paydays, Ward is a million dollar fighter, but in his reccent interviews you can tell he's ready for more. I'm sure it makes his blood boil to see those fighters have success without his hands in their pocket. I think his alleged management services in regards to boxing will eventually end just like his record label success

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 04:32 AM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Where in the ten or 11 commandments does it say you can't box lol.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 11:28 PM