IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Quillin-Rosado/Hopkins-Murat, No Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Franchize
post Oct 27 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #121

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

Watched the Quillin/Rosado fight over. I know I'm probably going to get ripped for this considering how close the fight was but I have to say this. While, competitively, the fight was extremely close, scoring wise, I didn't have it so close. I thought Rosado put up an excellent effort. Shoot, I thought he put up a good effort vs GGG. That said, I think a lot of the punches and pressure were inaccurate. He was backing Quillen up and won the ring generalship battle after the 4th round BUT Quillen was countering and more accurate in my opinion. I gave Quillen the first 3 rounds clearly, including the knockdown. I thought Rosado won 2 rounds...one even. I thought Rosado pressured but he was hit a lot coming in because he abandoned his jab. I did, however, think Rosado deserved at least a round. The cut was terrible. Don't get me wrong. That said, if you look, the corner did a great job of stopping the actual bleeding.

Here's the thing about Rosado. #1 Rosado does something I've never seen in my life in boxing. He shows his hand in a way I've never seen before. If you pay attention closely, his feint is actual how he intends on defending what he thinks you're going to through. Quillen was landing the right/left combo in the early rounds. Then, Rosado started showing Quillen how he was going to block it with his feints. It's hard to explain through text but go back and watch the fight. You'll probably see what I'm saying. Quillen responded by changing up and landing the hook to the body or catching him with lead and check left hooks. #2 Rosado's arrogance throws his own game plan off. He does the work to land solid connects. Then, he starts clowning and admiring his work instead of improving upon what he's done.

As for Quillen, what he decides to do defensively from now on will determine whether he'll be just a good fighter or a great fighter. The kid has beautiful punch placement. He counters very well. He has the tools to be solid defensively. He just has a lot of lapses. Another problem he has, that I don't how he can fix, is his eyes. His facial expression, no matter what, always looks like he is scared out of his mind. His eyes are wide open like he just got dropped in is just hoping to survive lol A lot of times he would get barely hit or be backing up and it looked as if he just got rocked by Ernie Shavers in his prime. I don't know how he can change that but I'm sure it can skew people's decisions of what's really happening.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 27 2013, 03:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 27 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #122

Junior Middleweight

Just watched the Hopkins vs Murat fight on DVR. Needless to say, it was FAR more action than expected. In the beginning of the fight, I thought "oh boy, B-Hop is going to win another ugly, uneventful fight." Then all of a sudden, in the 7th round, he opened up and showed out! This dude was really doing his thing out there. It was still one of the dirtiest fights I've ever seen. Murat was actually dirty than Hopkins surprisingly. The stuff he did was obvious. It's a shame because it put a dirty smear on a really solid fight. Murat is pretty much a larger Arthur Abraham (I think they're promoted by the same person). I thought B-Hop went in his bag and put it on that dude in the middle rounds. Going forward, I don't wanna hear shit about B-Hop fighting Floyd unless he fights Ward. I don't wanna see him fight Ward unless he beats Dawson. So I guess I never want to see either fight happen lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 27 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #123

Junior Middleweight

Other things of note:

1. Is Quillen's mom the "ain't nobody got time for that" lady?
2. That 8th round in the Hopkins fight was one of the oddest rounds I've ever seen. I never seen a fight where both fighters turn their back to their opponent that much. B-Hop literally had a conversation while trapped in the corner AFTER he turned his back and walked over there.
3. Steve Smoger is a G. He bitch slapped the shit outta Murat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
4. That alien shit got really old and corny really quick. Go back to being X B-Hop. The fact that the little thing on the robe wouldn't stay up, made him look like a butterfly.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 27 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #124

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2013, 07:29 PM) *
People used to say the same about Matthysse...we see what happened with him.

it'd be an interesting fight to say the least, if GG can deal with the movement, it's game set and match IMO

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 27 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #125

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 27 2013, 07:53 AM) *
Smooger landed a power open hand right to Murat's face to punctuate the final round. Together B-Hop and Smooger easily out pointed Murat. Lol

Hahaha

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 27 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #126

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I am anxious to see where Bernard goes now. He's told Stevenson that he wants to fight him but the network and promotional rivalry is preventing that from happening. A fight with Bute could be a possibility but not for Hopkins' next fight, Froch is a big fight but he's appearing on HBO as well. I don't give a damn how he or Schaefer or the media cares to spin it, a fight between he and Mayweather Jr is a farce. It does nothing for either one of them

Bernard may have to feast on mandatories of the IBF until something big comes down the line

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 27 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #127

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 27 2013, 12:15 PM) *
Obviously the judges didn't cause it. It was a close fight and thats a given, but come on, Rosado was backing him up, and yeah am a big Rosado fan, but still those judges had there minds made up on the winner before they even stepped in the ring.

Rosado should have asserted himself in the earlier rounds. The judges most likely have every close round to the champ. I wouldn't call this a robbery by any means. I wish we had the opportunity to see those last rounds play out.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #128

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 27 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Rosado should have asserted himself in the earlier rounds. The judges most likely have every close round to the champ. I wouldn't call this a robbery by any means. I wish we had the opportunity to see those last rounds play out.

I get what you're saying, but I definitely get what MG's saying. Had this been any other fighter, then I would've said that "It was because of the close rounds", but the fact that it's Rosado (who always seems to get shafted in big fights), I'd call robbery on this one. Now, how big of a robbery? Who knows.

All I know, is that Gabe looked A LOT worse in the GGG fight, but he was able to continue. I think (this is just my opinion) that they let him continue in the GGG fight, because there was a HIGH chance that Golovkin would stop him anyway. Now Quillen on the other hand, he was looking shaky, a bit too often, and there's no guarantee that he would've finished the fight in a convincing fashion.

Just judging by Rosado's history of being shafted in fights that he was winning (not to mention MEANINGFUL) fights, I think that they took this fight from him. In my opinion, he could've stopped Quillen. Maybe he didn't, because he didn't wanna get too careless and get stopped himself. NOW, knowing that he had the cut and had to make a statement quickly, he probably would've taken that chance.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 28 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #129

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Gabe lost. We must get over it. He was the one who was going to be stopped regardless. We all love him but he likes to brawl but that's a problem because his face can't hold up. Now the scorecards were out of whack but one more round and that fight would've been a lock for Quillin to win. Gabe made Quillin uncomfortable but Quillin was open casket sharp with his punches. His placement was very good

On another note. Looks like won't be no rematch lol.... Schaefer has said he's hoping to make Quillin-Jacobs Feb 1st. Superbowl weekend. Damn they done stole another idea from us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 28 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #130

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought gabe deserved some rounds but quillin won the majority, no controversy. I thought quillin took some clean shots extremely well. I think I had it something like 5-2-1 through 8, good fight. Rosado needs to get some surgery or work on his d because that face ain't holding up bra

I thought quillin did very well against a good fighter.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:51 AM