> marquez should be filing law suits by the minute, this is getting ridiculous
Gambit808
post Dec 28 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Dec 27 2012, 05:27 PM) *
Marquez agreed to extra testing during training which never happened and he came out clean on the urine test...what more must the guy do? That shot would've knocked anyone in the ww division out cold. The criticism is unwarranted and the speculation is without substance. We're not talking about just any fighter, this is JMM...a future hall of famer and one of the greatest fighters in boxing history.

BOOM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikE11
post Dec 30 2012, 07:55 AM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 13,807

Loch Ness Monster just caught, Santa Claus recovering from tough week, and JMM didn't use illegal PEDs in the past year.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 30 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

i think everybody, whatever your thoughts are on the ko, has to concede a little to the perspective that differs from their own.

for instance, I think it is a little disingenuous to argue that Marquez' right hand, grand finale punch could've occurred in any of the four fights...just my thoughts. to me, the insta-sleep reaction of pacquiao suggested an increase in marquez' power. it also alluded to pacquiao aging.

but, it also was the direct result of marquez countering pacquiao with precision shots

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 30 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 28 2012, 05:25 PM) *
this is to play the devils advocate but it's just a matter that Marquez has never really been a KO artist.

Without the clear proof of Marquez on PED's, (has Manny on PED's been proven? Or also still speculation?) I have respected boxing people who claim that BOTH Manny and Marquez juiced for the 4th fight. (Marquez they claim did it to give Manny a taste of his own medicine.) But that raises a point, Marquez has never been known as a KO artist. Actually, there are people who belived Manny juiced before Floyd and his people speculated about this.

The problem is though, if you take all the tests and are innocent, how do you come clean? If you are guilty, how do you get caught and successfully prosecuted to help stop this shit from happening again?

Jack

PS. Ring's website has an interesting article with Marquez's conditioning coach Angel Hernandez, who has a history of using PED stimulants for his athletes in the past:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170011-...h-coach-speaks-

Here is more on Marquez's trainer's controversial background:

http://deadspin.com/5857439/what-do-usain-...steroids-dealer

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 30 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

well where does one start when the good shit is engineered specifically to not be detected by the tests in use?

another question of mine is this, does the question of fairness remain if pacquiao and marquez both used peds as the fourth fight approached?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 30 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 02:01 PM) *
so yesterday i'm watching jim romes show on showtime and he's interviewing some mma guy i never heard of...and the guy goes on to say that marquez has "entered puberty at age 40...and that he's definitely on something, blah,blah,blah..." he also said that marquez all of a sudden "acquired power he never had...blah,blah,blah.." stick to mma u dumb muthafucka.

between that and jim lampley's/larry merchant's bullshit on hbo 'raising suspicions' i believe jmm should be suing these muthafuckas or at the very least demanding apologies.

it is clear to me that these sob's don't know shit about boxing.

Marquez killed their savior of boxing all around good guy the answer to Mayweather Mr. I fight for my people and country when he put Pacquiao to sleep. All the hype they put behind Pac they had to save face. They could not admit that they had been supporting a hype job, a less talented boxer than what they were hyping up. There was no way they could bail on their product so they had to turn the tables and say that Marquez was dirty. They never failed to mention that Pac REFUSED to take any extra testing. If he did take the test then he would still have an L but with a fatter bank account. Marquez popped that bubble of their boxing savior, so now they are in panic and spin mode. And they really can't say that Mayweather and other fighters were right when it came to Pac. So they have to eat crow and they do not like it. I am just glad I do not have to hear about the "super fight" I think it serves them right.
"What is done in the dark must come to light" and that dude got his lights turned OFF!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 30 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 02:01 PM) *
so yesterday i'm watching jim romes show on showtime and he's interviewing some mma guy i never heard of...and the guy goes on to say that marquez has "entered puberty at age 40...and that he's definitely on something, blah,blah,blah..." he also said that marquez all of a sudden "acquired power he never had...blah,blah,blah.." stick to mma u dumb muthafucka.

between that and jim lampley's/larry merchant's bullshit on hbo 'raising suspicions' i believe jmm should be suing these muthafuckas or at the very least demanding apologies.

it is clear to me that these sob's don't know shit about boxing.

Marquez killed their savior of boxing all around good guy the answer to Mayweather Mr. I fight for my people and country when he put Pacquiao to sleep. All the hype they put behind Pac they had to save face. They could not admit that they had been supporting a hype job, a less talented boxer than what they were hyping up. There was no way they could bail on their product so they had to turn the tables and say that Marquez was dirty. They never failed to mention that Pac REFUSED to take any extra testing. If he did take the test then he would still have an L but with a fatter bank account. Marquez popped that bubble of their boxing savior, so now they are in panic and spin mode. And they really can't say that Mayweather and other fighters were right when it came to Pac. So they have to eat crow and they do not like it. I am just glad I do not have to hear about the "super fight" I think it serves them right.
"What is done in the dark must come to light" and that dude got his lights turned OFF!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 31 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2012, 01:13 PM) *
i think everybody, whatever your thoughts are on the ko, has to concede a little to the perspective that differs from their own.

for instance, I think it is a little disingenuous to argue that Marquez' right hand, grand finale punch could've occurred in any of the four fights...just my thoughts. to me, the insta-sleep reaction of pacquiao suggested an increase in marquez' power. it also alluded to pacquiao aging.

but, it also was the direct result of marquez countering pacquiao with precision shots

imo...the right hand was thrown with conviction. in the past...marquez was throwing to score...not to hurt. couple that with pacs carelessness and aggression and boom!!! lights out.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 31 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 31 2012, 12:53 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 31 2012, 05:39 AM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2012, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 31 2012, 12:27 AM) *
imo...the right hand was thrown with conviction. in the past...marquez was throwing to score...not to hurt. couple that with pacs carelessness and aggression and boom!!! lights out.

The KO was a direct result of Marquez's power met with Manny's reckless aggression. Since Manny ran into Juan's counter punch with so much force, Marquez was able to play lovely lullaby music to Pac, while Manny got to watch little birds fly. It was just a great punch that nullified Manny's reckless aggression. The end.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Dec 31 2012, 05:42 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 03:28 PM