Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo's Way, Ringside in NYC. Possible Cotto vs. Trout winner
Franchize
post Nov 30 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I don't have an issue with Canelos less than impressive resume'. The kid is only 22. I just think he has a lot of talent and a lot of flaws, as does Cotto. That usually makes for great fights. There's so many question marks in a Cotto vs Canelo fight. Who will be the aggressor? Will Cotto's jab pay huge dividends as we know it has in the past? Will Cotto get overwhelmed by Canelo's speed and power? Will Canelo be overwhelmed with the mystique of Cotto and the fact that this will be the first time he's fighting on a big stage and the opponent still has a lot left in his tank? Who will go to the body more and who's body punches will be more effective? Was Cotto's performance vs Mayweather off of adrenaline or is it proof that he's fully resurrected his career? Will the torch be passed or will the young pup get schooled? It's just a very intriguing matchup to me. Good for boxing.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Nov 30 2012, 02:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 30 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 30 2012, 01:45 PM) *
that's not fair at all!!!

cotto's resume at 154 is better than canelos period.

I wasn't arguing that canelos was better at all. I'm just saying neither have fought a legit top 154 pounder until trout yet both have held titles.. cotto has been well taken care of at 154 except for the mayweather fight

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 2 2012, 02:49 AM
Post #33

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Trout & Canelo made that happen to Cotto tonight LMAO!

WOOOOO!!! (RIC FLAIR), I wanted to moter-boat the shit outta Cotto's wife titties when they showed them thangs on the big screen. Jus Wanna Rub Baby oil on them Double mint twins and BBBBBBBBBBBah... give it a couple more high profile fights and Trout girl 'll be wearing the same type dresses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Anyway this fight goes to show that Cotto don't belong at the TOP of Jr. Middleweight and he for damn sure better stay away from the TOP fights at Middleweight if that even crawls back into his cabeza. Don't know where he goes from here unless he try's for a rematch maybe. Would be tough to sell a fight (with Alverez) off of these last 2 performances we seen him get schooled, right now, it don't look good for Cotto.

Bring on Mayweather-Alverez if not Trout- Alverez.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 2 2012, 03:06 AM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 2 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 2 2012, 02:49 AM) *
Trout & Canelo made that happen to Cotto tonight LMAO!

WOOOOO!!! (RIC FLAIR), I wanted to moter-boat the shit outta Cotto's wife titties when they showed them thangs on the big screen. Jus Wanna Rub Baby oil on them Double mint twins and BBBBBBBBBBBah... give it a couple more high profile fights and Trout girl 'll be wearing the same type dresses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Anyway this fight goes to show that Cotto don't belong at the TOP of Jr. Middleweight and he for damn sure better stay away from the TOP fights at Middleweight if that even crawls back into his cabeza. Don't know where he goes from here unless he try's for a rematch maybe. Would be tough to sell a fight (with Alverez) off of these last 2 performances we seen him get schooled, right now, it don't look good for Cotto.

Bring on Mayweather-Alverez if not Trout- Alverez.

lmfao I was thinkin the same thing, I was like "damn look at them titties"

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

LMAO at Gambit and his "rapey" posts! #Creep

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 5 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

According to an interview on boxing scene Canelo and his team have eliminated cotto for his next fight because of his loss. Now they are saying they are willing to face trout may 4th if the negotiations with mayweather don't work out. If he indeed does fight trout may 4th (outside of cali as much as I hate to put my own state down) Id be surprised and a little impressed.

Fyi, I got a kick out of this. It turns out that trout won his first belt by beating Canelos brother! Lol talk about a selling point and something trout could talk shit about!

This post has been edited by checkleft: Dec 5 2012, 02:23 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 5 2012, 02:45 AM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2012, 03:20 AM) *
According to an interview on boxing scene Canelo and his team have eliminated cotto for his next fight because of his loss. Now they are saying they are willing to face trout may 4th if the negotiations with mayweather don't work out. If he indeed does fight trout may 4th (outside of cali as much as I hate to put my own state down) Id be surprised and a little impressed.

Fyi, I got a kick out of this. It turns out that trout won his first belt by beating Canelos brother! Lol talk about a selling point and something trout could talk shit about!

if the fight happens in cali....look for controversy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 5 2012, 02:45 AM) *
if the fight happens in cali....look for controversy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

As long as the WBC is involved, Trout can fight Canelo in the kitchen of the fuckin MGM Grand, and something will go wrong with the decision. I think Texas is notorious for shenanigans and bad decisions this year, thus far.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 5 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2012, 12:08 PM) *
As long as the WBC is involved, Trout can fight Canelo in the kitchen of the fuckin MGM Grand, and something will go wrong with the decision. I think Texas is notorious for shenanigans and bad decisions this year, thus far.

the wbc takes care of its' own. smh.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:11 PM