> 1.3 Million PPV Buys for Mayweather-Ortiz
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 26 2011, 11:59 AM) *
The only reason people are upset with Floyd is because Ortiz quit again. Had Ortiz put his hands up or at least got up on his two feet like Gatti and Mosley did, the people would have been estatic and applauded Floyd for getting payback after that unforgiving headbutt. Ortiz acts like he was knocked out cold and says that in his mind he didn't lose. Yeah you said the same thing after you got beat up by Maidana. Nobody's buying it!

I believe that if the fight ended in the later rounds, by way of a senseless foul that backfired, then I would have more of a reason to believe that Ortiz wanted out. In this case, I kept looking at the slow-mo replay, and the way his neck shifted after that right hand...I dont think he could've got up, even he tried his hardest. I know that Maidana hit him harder than that but he was against the ropes and in the process of slipping that punch, but this one...he was a helpless elk in the headlights.

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 26 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Hype - to your knowledge, does Vic Ortiz get ANY of the ppv money? Or is he just getting $2.5 come hook or crook?

That's a good question, I would definitely want to know the percentage...if there is any.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 26 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #32

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 26 2011, 10:40 AM) *
Agreed. Marquez is beloved by his fans and most Mexicans. He is a class act, no doubt about it. I do not think that weight is good for him but we shall see. I think Pacquiao will be looked at little closely because of the steroids talk. If he struggles against JMM people might say he must not be juicing or why is his performance different. If he dominates JMM people will say, he has to be on something. What ever happens after their fight is the most important thing for boxing fans. The moment that fight is over people will be glued to the tv the next day to see if negotiations are starting for May and Pac fight. Which is why I think this fight may generate more attention. But for May to score a high PPV with someone that is not a house hold name, that's pretty amazing. Let's hope he is in the ring early next year... If Pac fights Tim Bradley next, I am done with the May and Pac fight. Arum has a way of signing fights for Pac before he is done fighting his current opponent

Pacman should be able to KO Marquez, after that Care Bear Affair with Mosley he needs to look aggressive and the "old" Manny Pacquiao that made me be sold on him. It seems like he's gotten soft a bit after Cotto. Pac should be able to steam roll Bradley.

It's the biggest fight in boxing history, the first ever time two top p4p fighters are in the same weightclass of course people be inclined for this fight. If this fight was signed and sealed for next year May, the world would be on fire. I can see it now....scams, ebay sells, biddings for tickets, identity theft, hacking, robberies maybe. But if Arum does that same shit he did with Mosley when he had already had an opponent (besides renegotiating with May) line up before the fight ended then I it's official that Arum really doesn't want Pac to fight Mayweather for fear of him losing. If it comes out true then Arum would be lying about him saying Pacman would beat Mayweather.

I'm really starting to think Arum is the real reason why the fight hasn't happened yet.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 26 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #33

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 11:48 AM) *
It's the biggest fight in boxing history, the first ever time two top p4p fighters are in the same weightclass

Whittaker vs Chavez, they were 1 and 2 on most lists at the time(I think first time in Ring Magazine tho). Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns vs Ray Leonard, great fights that most had them p4p 1 and 2(before Ring Mag p4p lists tho). I'd be willing to argue Frazier v Ali 1 and Robinson vs Kid Galivan as well. Work on your history and grammar Einstein

This post has been edited by EAlbian: Sep 26 2011, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 26 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #34

Featherweight

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:09 PM) *
Whittaker vs Chavez, they were 1 and 2 on most lists at the time(I think first time in Ring Magazine tho). Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns vs Ray Leonard, great fights that most had them p4p 1 and 2(before Ring Mag p4p lists tho). I'd be willing to argue Frazier v Ali 1 and Robinson vs Kid Galivan as well. Work on your history and grammar Einstein

Ahh....Yes. I tend to forget about different things in the boxing universe. Man that made me feel like watching Ray Leonards training videos and Durans and Hearns fights. SMH.
And I do have work so if my grammar is bad it's not because of failing English but because I honestly have a job to do in between my spare time or work time. If you want to have a debate on a seperate forum to test our knowledge I'm open for it anytime.

Nice call btw.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 26 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Ahh....Yes. I tend to forget about different things in the boxing universe. Man that made me feel like watching Ray Leonards training videos and Durans and Hearns fights. SMH.
And I do have work so if my grammar is bad it's not because of failing English but because I honestly have a job to do in between my spare time or work time. If you want to have a debate on a seperate forum to test our knowledge I'm open for it anytime.

Nice call btw.

haha, i wasn't calling you out or anything but with a name like boxingeinstein you better be ready for some criticism if you your knowledge isn't spot on haha. I'm always up for a little boxing debate. however, its never a real good measure because most information can be accessed via the web. if a thread starts that's interesting you'll probably get my opinion, feel free to have at it lol

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 26 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #36

Featherweight

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:26 PM) *
haha, i wasn't calling you out or anything but with a name like boxingeinstein you better be ready for some criticism if you your knowledge isn't spot on haha. I'm always up for a little boxing debate. however, its never a real good measure because most information can be accessed via the web. if a thread starts that's interesting you'll probably get my opinion, feel free to have at it lol

I know you wasn't but I've been watching boxing since I was 17. That's 20 years of educating myself on this sport as a whole and so I felt like I had to defend my position as a person that is passionate about something I've been keeping up on since then. It was more instinctive than trying to challenge you.
I'm ready for my knowledge to be measured just know I'm human and I tend to forget different things in the boxing universe but I do know my shit. And I understand that the web corrupts debates on here, that's why FH should have a skype like session for us to discuss topics verbally and plus it's a bit more faster also. As far as opinion goes it's the same here for me also lol

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Sep 26 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 12:38 PM) *
I know you wasn't but I've been watching boxing since I was 17. That's 20 years of educating myself on this sport as a whole and so I felt like I had to defend my position as a person that is passionate about something I've been keeping up on since then. It was more instinctive than trying to challenge you.
I'm ready for my knowledge to be measured just know I'm human and I tend to forget different things in the boxing universe but I do know my shit. And I understand that the web corrupts debates on here, that's why FH should have a skype like session for us to discuss topics verbally and plus it's a bit more faster also. As far as opinion goes it's the same here for me also lol

Its all good, no worries. just give it as good as ya get it haha. Skype/video chat would get crazy on here, talk to Hype or Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 26 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #38

Featherweight

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Its all good, no worries. just give it as good as ya get it haha. Skype/video chat would get crazy on here, talk to Hype or Jack

lol I think it would get crazy indeed but I think it would be great to actually hear people's perspectives on fights and among other things without the use of ripping off the web and coming on here as if your fucking Al Bernstein.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:09 PM) *

God Im hoping these big ones slipped his mind, lol. I dont know if its that easy to forget these fights, but oh well. Einstein is a great poster, so I will let that one slide this time. Couldn't have been Buffalo...talkin' about straight guillontine action in the making (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 26 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #40

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

'Razor-Head'.....LMAO. That's hella funny Cshel86.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:38 AM