IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM (ET)/7:15PM (PT)-Angulo vs. Kirkland-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Showtime Card
Sunni6Killer
post Nov 7 2011, 10:31 AM
Post #81

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,998

Congrats to Kirkland, thought he was going to get blown out.
Angulo needs to take aerobics classes.
Can't take an opponent lightly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 7 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #82

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 7 2011, 07:50 AM) *
I say "not tomorrow" simply b/c he needs gel more with Mann Wolfe. Clearly his affiliation w/ Mann is an excellent fit (at a minimum, better than his last group of trainers), but they need more time to improve. I think 1 or 2 more fights and bring on Saul. I tend agree w/ Jack, who likes Kirkland if he survives early. Maybe I'm a "prisoner of the moment", but I'd be really, really interested in seeing how Canelo handles a cat that can put a dent in him and will keep coming all night. If we're being honest, Alvarez isn't exactly setting the world on fire. His last 5 fights were, Alphonso Gomez (TKO6), Ryan Rhodes (TKO12), Matthew Hatton (UD12), Lovermore N'dou (UD12), Carlos Baldomir (TKO6)...lemme ask you this: which of these do you see Kirkland NOT getting out of there? (S/N: No one saw him NOT getting Ishida outta there either, huh? LOL). I'll be honest w/ you, I think this fight raises Canelo's BP a bit. Plus, if you believe Gary Shaw, no way Alvarez gets in the ring w/ Kirkland.

Yeah he does need a bit of tweaking, but a few more fights and an assistant trainer will work all that out. Canelo can be hit, but he's also more technically sound and has pop to his punches as well...not to mention the arsenal that he's working on (as we saw in the Gomez fight). Im not the hugest Alvarez fan either. Like you said, this fight would raise both of their stocks. The sad part is, if Kirkland were to beat Alvarez by TKO/KO (which is the easy way out), then he would have to carry the baton of potential Canel opponents, in which Kiirkland nor Canelo are truly ready for at this point in time.

Now, if he happens to go life and death with Canelo and go the distance, then I would look at his (Kirkland's) skill level as improved, so his "Buster Douglas jinx" would be out the window (in my opinion). You're right about Kirkland getting past Canelo's prior opponents, he would do that with ease (probably with the exception of Baldomir for some odd reason). Like I just stated, its all about Canelo's future opponents, that leaves a cloud of doubt over my head, in regards to Kirkland beating.

For example, between the two toughest fighters at 140, Maidana and Matthysse...if they were to beat a top fighter for a major title, I would trust Maidana more to defend the title and go life and death with future opponents...knowing that they may meet in hell one day and he'd still give them a nasty fight. Matthysse on the other hand...Buster Douglas jinx. He has more skills than Maidana, but we all know his style of fighting...he just sits there and looks at his opponent for the first few rounds and the opponent banks them with little effort, he gives them hell in the middle rounds and looks great, then he leaves the last few rounds in the air for anybody to win. Result, he ends of losing the freakin' fight...Maidana on the other hand, will fight like hell from the opening bell, to the final bell...sloppy or not, he's there to take a guy to the limit.

QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Nov 7 2011, 10:31 AM) *
Angulo needs to take aerobics classes.

Yeah he needs that Billy Blanks hook-up, asap! He was stumbling around the ring and swinging like he just left the bar after a 2 for1 special (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Nov 7 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #83

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 7 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Yeah he does need a bit of tweaking, but a few more fights and an assistant trainer will work all that out. Canelo can be hit, but he's also more technically sound and has pop to his punches as well...not to mention the arsenal that he's working on (as we saw in the Gomez fight). Im not the hugest Alvarez fan either. Like you said, this fight would raise both of their stocks. The sad part is, if Kirkland were to beat Alvarez by TKO/KO (which is the easy way out), then he would have to carry the baton of potential Canel opponents, in which Kiirkland nor Canelo are truly ready for at this point in time.

Now, if he happens to go life and death with Canelo and go the distance, then I would look at his (Kirkland's) skill level as improved, so his "Buster Douglas jinx" would be out the window (in my opinion). You're right about Kirkland getting past Canelo's prior opponents, he would do that with ease (probably with the exception of Baldomir for some odd reason). Like I just stated, its all about Canelo's future opponents, that leaves a cloud of doubt over my head, in regards to Kirkland beating.

For example, between the two toughest fighters at 140, Maidana and Matthysse...if they were to beat a top fighter for a major title, I would trust Maidana more to defend the title and go life and death with future opponents...knowing that they may meet in hell one day and he'd still give them a nasty fight. Matthysse on the other hand...Buster Douglas jinx. He has more skills than Maidana, but we all know his style of fighting...he just sits there and looks at his opponent for the first few rounds and the opponent banks them with little effort, he gives them hell in the middle rounds and looks great, then he leaves the last few rounds in the air for anybody to win. Result, he ends of losing the freakin' fight...Maidana on the other hand, will fight like hell from the opening bell, to the final bell...sloppy or not, he's there to take a guy to the limit.

Yeah he needs that Billy Blanks hook-up, asap! He was stumbling around the ring and swinging like he just left the bar after a 2 for1 special (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Shelly...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 7 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 7 2011, 11:11 AM) *
Shelly...

(IMG:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/allaseal/Random/upset.gif)

Fuck!

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Nov 7 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #85

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 7 2011, 12:15 PM) *

just when i thought i was done along comes Angulo v Kirkland to pull me right back in haha

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 7 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 7 2011, 11:21 AM) *
just when i thought i was done along comes Angulo v Kirkland to pull me right back in haha

Sigh...just let me know what the move is E. Damn, just when I thought you were gonna take a break, this mess happens...

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Nov 7 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #87

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 7 2011, 12:33 PM) *
Sigh...just let me know what the move is E. Damn, just when I thought you were gonna take a break, this mess happens...

haha don't be too salty, someones gotta knock you down a peg or two over here. seems like this place is a wasteland

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 7 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #88

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 7 2011, 12:01 PM) *
haha don't be too salty, someones gotta knock you down a peg or two over here. seems like this place is a wasteland

I can deal with that, and I'll even be man enough to sig bet on Margarito in the rematch!

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Nov 7 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #89

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 7 2011, 01:12 PM) *
I can deal with that, and I'll even be man enough to sig bet on Margarito in the rematch!

haha, unfortunately I like Margs in that fight. I'd be open to the Mares(me) v Agbeko or Ward(me) v Froch bets tho as those are the only evenly matched fights i see coming up

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 7 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #90

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 7 2011, 12:17 PM) *
haha, unfortunately I like Margs in that fight. I'd be open to the Mares(me) v Agbeko or Ward(me) v Froch bets tho as those are the only evenly matched fights i see coming up

Yeah you're pretty much right about those fights. Kirkland/Angulo could've gone either way..and that first round told the story. I was ready to rub it in after Angulo scored that knockdown, but he got his clock cleaned at the end of the round, and didn't take it as good as he gave it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Damn!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 04:34 PM