IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are we sleeping on the Daquan Arnett/Eddie Gomez scrap on Jan. 30th???
Cshel86
post Jan 6 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man, I'm not sure how this went under the radar...maybe because of all this Manny/Floyd nonsense. I've seen a little bit of both guys, but more of Arnett. The most I've seen of Gomez, was highlights of him ripping bums, but Arnett seems to be the more talented of the two.

This is supposed to be on the Ortiz/Collazo card, which is on a Thursday, so I doubt there's a ShoExtreme card for this one...it's gonna be on a decent sized stage.

Has anybody else seen much of these two??? I personally feel like it's not the type of prospect scrap that one should sleep on, because ONE of these two are gonna see some big opportunities after this fight takes place.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I guess by the number of responses, the answer is YES! lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 8 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 11:32 AM) *
I guess by the number of responses, the answer is YES! lol

Right! Lol

Now as soon as they fight and one of them wins in a highlight-worthy fashion, they'll be added to one of those silly fantasy fight threads. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I haven't seen Arnett fight before, and I've only seen highlights of Gomez. I'm looking forward to seeing Collazo chin check Ortiz lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 9 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 8 2014, 05:56 PM) *
I haven't seen Arnett fight before, and I've only seen highlights of Gomez. I'm looking forward to seeing Collazo chin check Ortiz lol

You aint right Chi! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm laughing because it's true though. Ortiz has been finding ways to lose lately. Lol

Anyhow, I've seen Arnett hurt before, against Jeremiah Wiggins back in 2012...I remember seeing those highlights (not sure if that's a decent measuring stick). Gomez has some nasty power, so the bigger question is, can Arnett bounce back after getting hit cleanly? This scrap is starting to remind me of Lundy vs Williams, or Paris vs Coleman.

Hopefully it wont fail to disappoint...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2014, 10:01 AM) *
You aint right Chi! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm laughing because it's true though. Ortiz has been finding ways to lose lately. Lol

Anyhow, I've seen Arnett hurt before, against Jeremiah Wiggins back in 2012...I remember seeing those highlights (not sure if that's a decent measuring stick). Gomez has some nasty power, so the bigger question is, can Arnett bounce back after getting hit cleanly? This scrap is starting to remind me of Lundy vs Williams, or Paris vs Coleman.

Hopefully it wont fail to disappoint...

He(Collazo) said that. He seems focused for this fight which could be bad for Ortiz. If Ortiz is focused and doesn't check out he could win but Collazo is known to mess up plans for anybody on any given night

Thanks for the clip, Arnett looked like he was out, I wouldn't have been made at the ref if he decided to stop it

+Quote Post
keyawnagallatin
post Jan 9 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 14,070

Yesss boxing heads are sleeping on this fight! Daquan Arnett is actually one of my really good friends & a very talented guy. He's gained lots of wisdom & experience through his opportunities to train in Las Vegas with Mayweather and company. Arnett is very dedicated to his craft. I haven't seen much of Gomez but I have had the opportunity to speak with him, he sounds focused & confident. This is going to be a great fight & open doors for these young guys. It's not often that two undefeated prospects meet this early in their careers. I am beyond excited for this fight Jan 30

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:42 PM