IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What If? Monday Series Match Up Middleweight Mash, Bernard Hopkins vs Marvin Hagler
xxxxxx
post Nov 28 2013, 04:34 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

I've always thought it would come down to rounds. Neither guy could stop the other guy within 15 rounds in my opinion. Hagler wins in a 12 round fight and Hopkins wins a 15 round fight. Hagler was a machine and could go 20 rounds with anyone, but Hopkins longevity is second to none.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Nov 28 2013, 04:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 1 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Hopkins because he would frustrate MMH the entire fight, he gives angles (something Marvin never did, he mostly plowed straight ahead) and if SRL could frustrate Marvin (several times during their bout SRL got in his head and made him miss wildly) then I'm certain that Hopkins who is taller also with a great, underrated jab would be able to slip and give angles plus keep Marvin at bay with his.

It wouldn't be an easy fight but once Hopkins figures him out then it would be all downhill for Marvin, for the first 4-6 rounds it would be scary for BHop but after that his fighting instincts and ring IQ simply takes over and he goes into auto-pilot picking his shots at angles and moving out of the way of the return.

I could see a possible UD at best for BHop and at worse a Draw but neither man hits the deck and no KO, both are my 2 favorite MWs of all times.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:12 AM