IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopkins vs. Stevenson-Who takes it?, This is Hard to Call!
mitukczuk
post Apr 22 2014, 02:27 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

One thing I have learnt over the years I follow boxing is....to never count The Alien out. I just can't do it to one of the greats.

"But there is a flip side to that coin".....Adonis is a pretty decent fighter. Though Dawson is done I think Adonis showed quite a lot in that 1 minute of their fight.

Good fight. I hope it happens.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 22 2014, 03:30 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I just don't know, how I see it taking age out of the equation

Hopkins: Has had an impressive run since he's definite defeat to Dawson no matter what those cards said, and he's gone on to beat some fighters, none of them considered elite, hell I wouldn't even consider any of them that good, I mean the best name on that list is Cloud.

Adonis: At the lineal champ, knocked Dawson out, but IMO Dawson was already damaged goods by then, we've seen what happens to people that try to drop to weight classes they can't handle. But he's gone on to knock everybody else out so he probably is the real deal. Yet just by simple boxing and staying on the outside Tony Bellew did some work, not much but did some work, to top it all off Adonis fights at the same pace or close to the same pace as Hopkins.

I can't go against Hopkins for once, I mean barring a KO, I think Hopkins wins it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2014, 09:02 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Hopkins is definitely gonna start the mind games early in this one...I'm talking the first presser. Stevenson HAS been knocked out by Boone, so Hopkins will play on that all day long.

In addition, Hopkins WILL make this an ugly fight, so I expect headbutts, cuts, late hits, etc. A few rounds of those shenanigans, and Stevenson will probably fold. I like Adonis, but he does a lot of feinting, and that plays right into Bernard's hands...the other guy is obviously thinking too much...same as Shumenov did from the opening bell last weekend.

With a guy like Hopkins, you have to go right at him, preferably after a good jab. We see how Chad did in the first fight, when he gave Hopkins too much time to think, but in the rematch, he was more assertive against Bernard. He did get cut and frustrated, but he took the fight to Bernard and got the decision.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 22 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I just hope Stevenson can win his next fight

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 22 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

tough one to call. hopkins doesnt get hit cleanly so adonis ont be hurting him. if adonis can just move and box and outwork hopkins he can win. i think hopkins only downfall is his pace, not to say he cant fight at a high pace if he needs to though. i think if hopkins turns up the pace, outthinks adonis, and avoids the teeth he will def win, and it will become his game especially going down the stretch. adonis is a 6 round fighter.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 22 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

If Pascal can catch B-Hop I don't see why Adonis can't. I have Stevenson in this one

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 22 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 22 2014, 01:43 AM) *
You haven't counted my other predictions, I should be up there with chitown (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Which predictions of yours have I missed? From which page and topic did u type your predictions down so that I can make corrections. I only check for predictions through the LEAGUE, the topics that are titled in reference to the active fighters that are battling against one another and the spoiler topics having to do with that fight.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 22 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

This will be a great fight without a doubt, I can see BHop taking a SD. Many people doubt the abilities of Adonis but he has true skills and is pretty fast too, his defense isn't shabby and he has great lateral movement. Nard is as always the craftier veteran of the two and we all know what he is capable of, no blowout either way in this fight because Nard has to be cautious and ever weary of Stevenson's superior punching power so BHop cannot get careless/reckless in this fight like he did in the Murat fight or he'll get countered and put to sleep or at least knocked down.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Apr 23 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I like Hopkins here. Completely unifying the belts is definitely enough to get him up for it.

Folks are saying what Hopkins shows up? I don't agree. Hopkins will pretty much adapt to whatever is going on. However we've seen in the past what he does when things aren't going his way lol. He gets crafty and a bit desperate..

Stevenson has a solid chance if he can make it ugly, and let his hands go... ex. Taylor, Calzaghe..

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Apr 23 2014, 07:18 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 08:47 AM