Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather on Cover of Black Enterprise/Question
devdog85
post Mar 24 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,077

Not sure if anyone seen this but Floyd is on the cover of the March issue of Black Enterprise:

http://www.blackenterprise.com/lifestyle/f...magazine-cover/

My question is the next business savy boxer once Floyd retires Alvarez? Broner? lets discuss interesting read though as Floyd sorta paved the way for boxers to look after they money in the wake of what happened to guys like Bowe, Holyfield etc by surrounding themselves with smart people
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 24 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (devdog85 @ Mar 24 2014, 07:20 PM) *
Not sure if anyone seen this but Floyd is on the cover of the March issue of Black Enterprise:

http://www.blackenterprise.com/lifestyle/f...magazine-cover/

My question is the next business savy boxer once Floyd retires Alvarez? Broner? lets discuss interesting read though as Floyd sorta paved the way for boxers to look after they money in the wake of what happened to guys like Bowe, Holyfield etc by surrounding themselves with smart people

Broner? Ha! Saul depending on his career yes. It is hard to say. Floyd is the exception. Plus he hasn't retired yet so let's see what life is like for him when he hangs them up. He is living like a boss because he is still in the game so he has paper coming in, let's see what life is like when all that money slows down.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 25 2014, 10:22 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

no need with Al managing whoever it maybe

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 25 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think a boxer needs to come out with his own shoe brand, like Ward is trying to do, come out with your own gloves that you designed or something, but basically gotta capitalize off boxing. Like any prior Athlete usually capitalized off the sport and its brand. Jordan, Kobe, Lebron. All have shoe brands. Mayweather should have a shoe brand by now but he's slacking, he has a clothes brand but doesnt sell boxing stuff?!

Someone would need to become a star rather than just be a boxer too, to make all that money. 100 million for one fight will start turning some heads and motivating some people. I see all these upcomers that just have hats, or a brand logo but thats all it, thats all the same as TMT though, its not like they sell anything that's really their own other than the brand. Someone needs to stand out, do something different, Make a movie and still come back and be good boxer, make music and still be a good boxer, be a student and still be a good boxer.

I think alot of it has to do with smart people are. If they have people making decisions for them or are they doing what they wanted and planned on doing. Alot of boxers don't have a college education or even complete highschool education and just drop out to be a boxer, so they dont get the knowledge they can had they learned about how business and the world works.

+Quote Post
readydog72
post Apr 3 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 14,138

I think that Floyd may look back it and have a small amount of regret for not accepting endorsements.
He felt the big companies would "puppet" him and place a lot of scrutiny on how he has been portrayed in the media.
He should be far beyond T-shirts and hats by now plus his music venture was a horrible distraction even though one of the songs he had help win the Corrales fight.
He chose the path of becoming the boxer people wanna see lose; and that's made him a ton of money.
And don't forget the migration to Showtime was a huge money move.
All in all the man has done well without the endorsements. I believe he will do a lot after boxing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:33 PM