IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Benny Leonard vs Manny Pacquiao.., Lightweight...
PR316
post Jul 30 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

There isn't a whole lot on Benny, but the bit you see is enough for you to know what kind of fighter he was.

Fast hands, slick feet, great jab, defense, and ring generalship. Leonard had been hurt against the likes of Charlie White and Lew Tendler but his recovery was amazing. He knew how to buy time and survive.

Pacquiao as we all know is an extremely fast southpaw with good footwork of his own, laser fast hands, and good power, which is doubled when you consider his punches have absolutely ZERO telegraph in them. We've seen Pacquiao hurt too, and he was KO'd a couple times as a youngster.

IMO, Marquez showed that if your a good counter puncher you can beat Manny. So I would make Benny the favorite to win a decision here. But if Pacquiao can catch him, maybe he has a chance to take him out???....

Leonard via UD in a 15 rounder is my call. He'll have some scary moments but I think his better boxing and defense carries the day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 30 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #2

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (PR316 @ Jul 30 2010, 10:51 AM) *
There isn't a whole lot on Benny, but the bit you see is enough for you to know what kind of fighter he was.

Fast hands, slick feet, great jab, defense, and ring generalship. Leonard had been hurt against the likes of Charlie White and Lew Tendler but his recovery was amazing. He knew how to buy time and survive.

Pacquiao as we all know is an extremely fast southpaw with good footwork of his own, laser fast hands, and good power, which is doubled when you consider his punches have absolutely ZERO telegraph in them. We've seen Pacquiao hurt too, and he was KO'd a couple times as a youngster.

IMO, Marquez showed that if your a good counter puncher you can beat Manny. So I would make Benny the favorite to win a decision here. But if Pacquiao can catch him, maybe he has a chance to take him out???....

Leonard via UD in a 15 rounder is my call. He'll have some scary moments but I think his better boxing and defense carries the day.

Dude did you snag my idea from the fantasy match up thread??hahaha..I put this match up in there..All the match ups I made in that thread I wished were actual threads but it kinda seems like we barely get any responses in these threads..

Benny had some of the best recovery skills and I think it had something to do with his mental energy..He was able to clear his head real quickly and stay focused on the fight..In my opinion,Benny had the best mental energy I've ever seen a fighter have..

In my opinion,Benny would eat Pac-man up but it'd be a great great fight to see..Pac-man would be throwing a lot of punches while Benny would be slipping,ducking,using his feet,and his gloves to stop the shots and get off his own..The Pac-man of today has good footwork and I'd like to see how they would size up..I do think that Leonard had better footwork(in my opinion he has the best of all time) so we'd see a lot of good shit in this one..Pac-man wouldn't be able to work angles on him and I think Pac-man would get frustrated and less patient than what we've seen lately..Benny would then have a field day on Pac-man with his great counter punching..What was Benny not great at??His chin wasn't the best so he found ways to not get hit..

With all that said,Benny by UD or late KO..

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jul 30 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 30 2010, 06:27 PM) *
Dude did you snag my idea from the fantasy match up thread??hahaha..I put this match up in there..All the match ups I made in that thread I wished were actual threads but it kinda seems like we barely get any responses in these threads..

Benny had some of the best recovery skills and I think it had something to do with his mental energy..He was able to clear his head real quickly and stay focused on the fight..In my opinion,Benny had the best mental energy I've ever seen a fighter have..

In my opinion,Benny would eat Pac-man up but it'd be a great great fight to see..Pac-man would be throwing a lot of punches while Benny would be slipping,ducking,using his feet,and his gloves to stop the shots and get off his own..The Pac-man of today has good footwork and I'd like to see how they would size up..I do think that Leonard had better footwork(in my opinion he has the best of all time) so we'd see a lot of good shit in this one..Pac-man wouldn't be able to work angles on him and I think Pac-man would get frustrated and less patient than what we've seen lately..Benny would then have a field day on Pac-man with his great counter punching..What was Benny not great at??His chin wasn't the best so he found ways to not get hit..

With all that said,Benny by UD or late KO..

In truth, I don't remember seeing the match up there. Lol...

I guess if there was a weakness, it was his chin. Hence why I think he'd have to go through some scary moments.

We've seen Pacman hurt too, though. Seems to take a much better punch at the higher weights than the lower ones(Probably another reason for the steroid claim, but I don't wanna turn this thread into that).

Don't see Pacquiao able to work angles either. He would be forced to reset over and over again but his hand speed and punches in bunches would make it a competitive fight for sure.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jul 31 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

I stongly believe the skil lelevl of fighters have evolved through the years.

Pacqiuao would be in the underdog coming in but he'll pull the upset and take a UD.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 31 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #5

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 31 2010, 03:04 PM) *
I stongly believe the skil lelevl of fighters have evolved through the years.

Pacqiuao would be in the underdog coming in but he'll pull the upset and take a UD.

I respect your opinion,but have you seen Benny Leonard fight??

How do you see this fight playing out??

The biggest difference I see in this fight that would be shown in the fight is balance..Benny in my opinion is the best balanced fighter to EVER get in the ring and Manny had some of the shittest balance but has worked on it and it is only decent now..

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 1 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 31 2010, 06:13 PM) *
I respect your opinion,but have you seen Benny Leonard fight??

How do you see this fight playing out??

The biggest difference I see in this fight that would be shown in the fight is balance..Benny in my opinion is the best balanced fighter to EVER get in the ring and Manny had some of the shittest balance but has worked on it and it is only decent now..

Yes i got HL's of Leonard don't get me wrong though he was a helluva fighter and im sure my opinion might be in the minority but i just think very highly of Pacqiuao now. I was anti-Pacqiuao back when he was going at it with Morales, MAB and MArquez but the guy has proven to be an all time modern great. And unlike most here i don't believe he's on any PED's.

Pacqiuao won't have to reset ala Mosley thats not his style he throws punches from all angles and is very unpredictable unlike Mosley his workrate will would carry him to a decision win.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Aug 1 2010, 12:56 AM

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 1 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 1 2010, 01:55 AM) *
Yes i got HL's of Leonard don't get me wrong though he was a helluva fighter and im sure my opinion might be in the minority but i just think very highly of Pacqiuao now. I was anti-Pacqiuao back when he was going at it with Morales, MAB and MArquez but the guy has proven to be an all time modern great. And unlike most here i don't believe he's on any PED's.

Pacqiuao won't have to reset ala Mosley thats not his style he throws punches from all angles and is very unpredictable unlike Mosley his workrate will would carry him to a decision win.

That's funny, I liked Pacquiao in the lower divisions and don't care for him much anymore.

I've Leonard by UD against Pacquiao.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:29 AM