Closed TopicStart new topic
> PLOT TWIST: Chris Algieri
Marcus
post Jul 21 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

I favor Manny Pacquiao to win of course, but imagine if Algieri decisions Pacquiao twice (you already know theres a rematch clause), then goes on to decision Floyd Mayweather twice (rematch clause) then retires undefeated. 4 back to back paydays! lmaooooooooo with 24 fights (only 5 world championship fights) where would that place him in boxing history?

Now remember this would mean that he only beat 3 world champions/top ten fighters. With 24 fights and wins over only 3 top ten/world champions would he still be eligible to be inducted into the HOF?

How would that affect Floyd and Manny's legacy?

This post has been edited by Marcus: Jul 21 2014, 03:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 21 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 21 2014, 04:26 PM) *
I favor Manny Pacquiao to win of course, but imagine if Algieri decisions Pacquiao twice (you already know theres a rematch clause), then goes on to decision Floyd Mayweather twice (rematch clause) then retires undefeated. 4 back to back paydays! lmaooooooooo with 24 fights (only 5 world championship fights) where would that place him in boxing history?

Now remember this would mean that he only beat 3 world champions/top ten fighters. With 24 fights and wins over only 3 top ten/world champions would he still be eligible to be inducted into the HOF?

This guy may pull off a major upset on Pacquiao.. his style and length seems all wrong for him. All I am seeing is that jab bouncing off of Pacs head

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jul 21 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 21 2014, 04:47 PM) *
This guy may pull off a major upset on Pacquiao.. his style and length seems all wrong for him. All I am seeing is that jab bouncing off of Pacs head

No question! I absolutely agree. But the only thing is the experience at that stage. Algieri is barely experienced as a pro w/only 20 fights. After Ruslan, we all know Algieri has a chin so i doubt we'll be seeing Algieri get flatlined. But the lights and the magnitude of the event may get to him especially since her self manages/advises.

I think Chris has a legit shot although I favor Manny. But do you think he can beat Manny TWICE?

To add to the plot twist.. Mayweather and Pacquiao test positive for PEDS in the rematches after Algieri beats them lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 21 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 21 2014, 12:26 PM) *

I had a dream that I was dating Espinoza Spaulding and we were damn serious, the dream felt so damn real I can remember every detail of it, this was two years ago. The point is, everyone can dream. I actually did get a chance to meet her and like an ass I could not think of anything to say so I said "So you play the bass" and the look she gave me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

So yes Marcus, dream and dream big. If Mayweather so much lost a round to Chris I would look at him slightly different.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 21 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 21 2014, 03:26 PM) *

Yes he would be eligible to be in the HOF and in essence it wouldn't damage MP's legacy because that's already set but it would put a blemish on his resume at this point I agree with CA that MP has never fought someone like him and I smell an upset:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/348493-...-manny-pacquiao

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 22 2014, 05:26 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Interesting thread. I can easily see Algieri beating Pacquiao. Algeiri is a big dude who fights big. We always hoped Paul Williams fought at the end of a jab, like this guy does.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 22 2014, 08:18 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

We scoffed at Algieri when the Ruslan fight was signed, now we're making hypothetical threads about him beating the best fighters in the world, based off his paper thin victory over Ruslan? Can't wait to see what happens if this Sulka guy edges Danny, and Peterson loses to his no-hoper opponent next month.

He is rangy and boxes well, but Manny's still quick on the draw when it comes to landing that left. Manny hasn't legitimately dropped an opponent since the Cotto fight, so I can imagine him finishing Algieri, unlike Ruslan, who couldn't seal the deal.

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post Jul 22 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #8

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

I don't think Algieri will win the fight against Pacquiao, but he can make it interesting for a bit, IF he chooses to box him smartly. Manny will bring the fight to Algieri, but I wonder how he will adjust to the pressure and power that Manny presents.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jul 22 2014, 02:29 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Who is Algieri? Jeez....the guy was literally nobody like two months ago and now this?

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Jul 22 2014, 02:30 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 22 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jul 22 2014, 02:29 PM) *
Who is Algieri? Jeez....the guy was literally nobody like two months ago and now this?

I wonder if you'll be saying this if he wins?? Algieri made a good assessment of MP when he stated that Manny has never faced anyone like him; he has the height, reach, youth and pretty good defense when he moves and his counterpunching isn't bad either. I think he will create enough doubt and confusion in Pacquiao because we know that Manny has problems with Boxers, JMM was shorter, slower and for a boxer he gets hit too much IMHO so we will see that CA will surprise a great many people.

Manny isn't KO'ing anyone and Ruslan hit Algieri with everything but the kitchen sink and wasn't able to stop him and Provo hits harder than Manny. I think people are not underestimating Algieri but rather, they are overestimating Pacquiao.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 09:34 AM