IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  « < 45 46 47  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Broner vs. Maidana-SPOILERS, Update:1.3 Million View Fight! Third Highest on Record (Page 42)
Jack 1000
post Jan 3 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #461

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2014, 10:04 AM) *
Here we go again...now Brother Naz is defending this fool. He had some good points, but then again, dudes who are "loose upstairs" (read: throwed off, ignorant, hard-headed, knuckleheads, etc), don't need to be given much wiggle room to be enabled.

He had a great point about Broner receiving the backlash Floyd was supposed to receive, had he lost a fight...but that hasn't happened yet. Again, good point, but here we go with the 360 situation...whose fault is it that Broner is even receiving "Mayweather backlash"? Yep, you got it...Adrien Broner's fault. Why would people treat him as if he was Floyd, if he didn't try his hardest to mimic him?

On top of that, Floyd wasn't as annoying, he was actually entertaining at times. On the other hand, if Broner wasn't such a loudmouth, then he probably wouldn't have received all of the attention (good or bad) that he did before the Maidana fight.

Then Naz went on to say that he hopes that Broner doesn't confront any of these critics on the streets and do something crazy (paraphrased). I mean seriously, do these guys even hear what they're really saying??? If he (or anybody else close to Broner) knows how much of a fool he can be, then why not go to HIM and talk some sense into his ignorant ass???

This goes back to my point that I made recently in this thread...these people are trying to give us this truth talk, when they actually need to be giving it to Broner. I'm not even 100% sure that Broner learned his lesson from this, and he STILL hasn't given us the proper interview...screw all of that 30 seconds BS that he gave us.

I'm not looking for dude to kiss anybody's ass or discredit himself for being a fighter (because that's hard work), but damn dude, PROPERLY address the people that you want to "buy your fights" in the future...since you're supposed to be the "future of boxing". He needs to address everybody, whether they love or hate him...both parties are gonna line his pockets when it's all said and done.

Again, I cant stand these old heads in boxing (whom I have much respect for), defending this dude and failing to address him. All I keep hearing is, "he's still a kid" blah blah blah. C'mon now, Broner actually became a REAL fighter after that loss...at least he was supposed to take it that way.

He fought back and ended the fight on his feet, but this whole "he went out like a champion" nonsense is absurd...he went out like a turd after he lost. I will ALWAYS give fighters credit for even stepping in the ring, but sore losers burn me up.

As consumers, I feel that we should be able to voice or concerns, opinions, etc. I agree that some people take it too far, but without us paying attention (first), giving time, and spending our money on premium cable and PPVS...we should be able to say whatever (not literally, lol). Without us, who would Mayweather, Pacquiao, ODLH, Cotto, or even Broner be???

As far as I'm concerned, I pay an additional $40 per month (for all of my premium channels), $60 per month for internet (to watch fights, interviews, post on forums, etc), and 60-75 dollars (plus food & drinks) on any given month to order PPVS...so yes, fans can have opinions (tasteful ones, at least).

Good post!

Floyd may talk shit and be shit outside the ring, but he has mellowed considerably. In the ring, Floyd is all business and has become more mellow and professional outside the ring as well. Broner leaving the ring like a little spoiled POS brat after he just lost to Maidana in such a great fight, was a crude, tasteless, and classless act. Much of everything not only outside the ring, but also inside the ring involving Broner is crude and classless.

Even worse, Broner doesn't have the mental maturity to use this loss and see his treatment after it as a wake up call. It's going to take something else, maybe several things, to get Broner to wake up and show some class, give some professionalism. All this trash-talk shit just magnifies Broner as a narcissist street punk. Broner should start doing some good things outside the ring to ease the current justified hatred of him.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 3 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #462

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Nazim, love him or hate him, always tells the truth. He's one of the few in the industry who gives it to you straight...I don't agree with everything any fighter or any athlete in any other sport does. But Broner has warranted a lot of the backlash that he's been receiving since the loss. He's a class clown and he loves to play it up, he's so good at it, that I question whether he is really that way or not.But people coming down on him and trying to distance comparisons to Floyd are crazy.

Nobody brings up Floyd burning money but most are quick to remind about Broner flushing money down a toilet. Nobody has a problem with what can be construed as Floyd's womanizing ways but it's a constant stream of people bringing up Broner having 5 kids. I can go on and on about the hypocrisy of a lot of people and alot of people that post here but I've proved my point.

The same stuff that was entertaining about Floyd is now all of a sudden not entertaining about Broner. He copied a legend to the tee now all of a sudden it's something wrong with him but it's not anything wrong with Floyd because he appears to be humble now. So how do we not know that this kid won't do the same? I think he needs to humble himself, I know that loss humbled him. It's all subjective. I don;t give Floyd a pass for things but fans and media alike, go too hard at him for stuff he did in the past. Even know if Mayweather cracks a joke about another fighter, he's this that and the third. I really go hard to defend fighters like Mayweather, Broner, Judah and more. And even retired fighters like Ali and Tyson and others because they get scrutinized so unfairly

CShel brought up a good point about being the consumer. But consumers are just as much of the problem as the fighter. If you think someone is so bad, why do you watch them? That's like when I hear people complain about love and hip hop and real housewives whatever but they still watch it. If it's really a problem then tune it out. You want to get the attention of Broner and Floyd and others? Stop paying for their shit. Everybody on here and everywhere else is going to watch Broner and Floyd's next fight. If you want to get them to change start playing with their pockets. Everybody know when you start fucking with somebody paper...you have their full undivided attention

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 3 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #463

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 3 2014, 01:28 PM) *
Good post!

Floyd may talk shit and be shit outside the ring, but he has mellowed considerably. In the ring, Floyd is all business and has become more mellow and professional outside the ring as well. Broner leaving the ring like a little spoiled POS brat after he just lost to Maidana in such a great fight, was a crude, tasteless, and classless act. Much of everything not only outside the ring, but also inside the ring involving Broner is crude and classless.

Even worse, Broner doesn't have the mental maturity to use this loss and see his treatment after it as a wake up call. It's going to take something else, maybe several things, to get Broner to wake up and show some class, give some professionalism. All this trash-talk shit just magnifies Broner as a narcissist street punk. Broner should start doing some good things outside the ring to ease the current justified hatred of him.

Jack

Hatred is never justified

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 3 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #464

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 3 2014, 02:45 PM) *
Hatred is never justified

Tell em again I don't think they heard you!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 4 2014, 07:16 PM
Post #465

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 3 2014, 02:44 PM) *
Nazim, love him or hate him, always tells the truth. He's one of the few in the industry who gives it to you straight...I don't agree with everything any fighter or any athlete in any other sport does. But Broner has warranted a lot of the backlash that he's been receiving since the loss. He's a class clown and he loves to play it up, he's so good at it, that I question whether he is really that way or not.But people coming down on him and trying to distance comparisons to Floyd are crazy.

Nobody brings up Floyd burning money but most are quick to remind about Broner flushing money down a toilet. Nobody has a problem with what can be construed as Floyd's womanizing ways but it's a constant stream of people bringing up Broner having 5 kids. I can go on and on about the hypocrisy of a lot of people and alot of people that post here but I've proved my point.

The same stuff that was entertaining about Floyd is now all of a sudden not entertaining about Broner. He copied a legend to the tee now all of a sudden it's something wrong with him but it's not anything wrong with Floyd because he appears to be humble now. So how do we not know that this kid won't do the same? I think he needs to humble himself, I know that loss humbled him. It's all subjective. I don;t give Floyd a pass for things but fans and media alike, go too hard at him for stuff he did in the past. Even know if Mayweather cracks a joke about another fighter, he's this that and the third. I really go hard to defend fighters like Mayweather, Broner, Judah and more. And even retired fighters like Ali and Tyson and others because they get scrutinized so unfairly

CShel brought up a good point about being the consumer. But consumers are just as much of the problem as the fighter. If you think someone is so bad, why do you watch them? That's like when I hear people complain about love and hip hop and real housewives whatever but they still watch it. If it's really a problem then tune it out. You want to get the attention of Broner and Floyd and others? Stop paying for their shit. Everybody on here and everywhere else is going to watch Broner and Floyd's next fight. If you want to get them to change start playing with their pockets. Everybody know when you start fucking with somebody paper...you have their full undivided attention

I somewhat agree with your point about people trying to distance comparisons between Floyd and Broner, in regards to the way they are outside of the ring. I cant say that Broner copied everything Mayweather did/does to a tee, because if that were the case, then he wouldn't have it THIS bad.

I dont know Chi, its kinda hard to tell, because there's a fine line between their behaviors. For starters, I believe people got tired of the "black man making it rain with his money" act, after Floyd picked it up and ran with it in boxing. With that in mind, I think the public was already sick to their stomachs with the whole act. Here are a few comparisons, if it helps.

Floyd throws money in the strip club, enjoys the strippers, etc...Broner gets taped muff diving on a stripper, and gets into a fight on another occasion. Floyd is playing out this "womanizer" image, but he seems to do his best to be as tasteful as possible (if that's not some type of oxymoron). Broner on the other hand, makes a sex tape...as if people weren't already tired of his antics.

As for Floyd doing what he does and having kids, it seems like he keeps it to a minimum...maybe because his kids are older than Broner's. Broner on the hand, just doesn't seem to care. We all know that history can be found anywhere, so both of their kids can look up anything that they did...so I'm not even sure if I made a point there. Lol

It appears that Floyd was on some type of leash outside of the ring, even if he did get caught up in some mess. He's done some crazy shit outside of the ring, dont get me wrong, but it appears as if NOBODY'S trying to keep Broner in check. His people (Broner's) kill me...they stay out of his business as of he's a grown man and can handle his own business, but as soon as people criticize him, they're QUICK to run back and say that "he's just a kid". Doesn't that sound weird?

The comparisons I made, can be debated at any moment...no offense taken. It just seems that Broner is so tasteless with his antics, to the point that people are turned off by it, and aren't willing to be civilized about their opinions. As a grown man, I could care less about what he truly does outside of the ring, but whatever he does in the ring, I feel that people can draw their own opinions.

As a consumer, you're right, all I have to do is stop buying it...but Broner fights what, 2-3 times per year? I can't see myself cancelling Showtime because of him, but I could just stop watching him, right? Lol. I don't have a problem watching him, but that whole sore loser show that he put on after his loss, isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Honestly, Floyd's not completely off the hook either...trust me, people are STILL waiting for him to fuck up. I remember his Jeremy Lin comment that got blown out of proportion last year. Honestly, Floyd's got it worse than Broner, if we think about it.

Not only do people hate Floyd and want him to lose, they hate him twice as much for the Pac fight not happening, so any silly little incident that he's involved in, is gonna get blown out of proportion. At one point, Floyd couldn't catch a break, and people couldn't wait to publish his fuck-ups, even if it was a rumor and the "writers" and "sources" weren't credible.

The fact that Broner idolizes him and wants to be everything that he is (maybe even more), automatically puts a target on his head. He should've known that he was going to get some of that backlash.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 5 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #466

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2014, 06:16 PM) *
I somewhat agree with your point about people trying to distance comparisons between Floyd and Broner, in regards to the way they are outside of the ring. I cant say that Broner copied everything Mayweather did/does to a tee, because if that were the case, then he wouldn't have it THIS bad.

I dont know Chi, its kinda hard to tell, because there's a fine line between their behaviors. For starters, I believe people got tired of the "black man making it rain with his money" act, after Floyd picked it up and ran with it in boxing. With that in mind, I think the public was already sick to their stomachs with the whole act. Here are a few comparisons, if it helps.

Floyd throws money in the strip club, enjoys the strippers, etc...Broner gets taped muff diving on a stripper, and gets into a fight on another occasion. Floyd is playing out this "womanizer" image, but he seems to do his best to be as tasteful as possible (if that's not some type of oxymoron). Broner on the other hand, makes a sex tape...as if people weren't already tired of his antics.

As for Floyd doing what he does and having kids, it seems like he keeps it to a minimum...maybe because his kids are older than Broner's. Broner on the hand, just doesn't seem to care. We all know that history can be found anywhere, so both of their kids can look up anything that they did...so I'm not even sure if I made a point there. Lol

It appears that Floyd was on some type of leash outside of the ring, even if he did get caught up in some mess. He's done some crazy shit outside of the ring, dont get me wrong, but it appears as if NOBODY'S trying to keep Broner in check. His people (Broner's) kill me...they stay out of his business as of he's a grown man and can handle his own business, but as soon as people criticize him, they're QUICK to run back and say that "he's just a kid". Doesn't that sound weird?

The comparisons I made, can be debated at any moment...no offense taken. It just seems that Broner is so tasteless with his antics, to the point that people are turned off by it, and aren't willing to be civilized about their opinions. As a grown man, I could care less about what he truly does outside of the ring, but whatever he does in the ring, I feel that people can draw their own opinions.

As a consumer, you're right, all I have to do is stop buying it...but Broner fights what, 2-3 times per year? I can't see myself cancelling Showtime because of him, but I could just stop watching him, right? Lol. I don't have a problem watching him, but that whole sore loser show that he put on after his loss, isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Honestly, Floyd's not completely off the hook either...trust me, people are STILL waiting for him to fuck up. I remember his Jeremy Lin comment that got blown out of proportion last year. Honestly, Floyd's got it worse than Broner, if we think about it.

Not only do people hate Floyd and want him to lose, they hate him twice as much for the Pac fight not happening, so any silly little incident that he's involved in, is gonna get blown out of proportion. At one point, Floyd couldn't catch a break, and people couldn't wait to publish his fuck-ups, even if it was a rumor and the "writers" and "sources" weren't credible.

The fact that Broner idolizes him and wants to be everything that he is (maybe even more), automatically puts a target on his head. He should've known that he was going to get some of that backlash.

I get you, it seems that what and when Floyd does things, I can't lie, it's all in good fun. But I also ain't about to sit here and lie and say that Broner doesn't go over the top with it. I 1000% think that he needs to tone it the hell down and I mean way down. I have no problem with the criticism of him in and out the ring because it's warranted but I take issue with the extremity of it. That's all

I don't think he 100% bit everything from Floyd in and out the ring, but it's very telling about Adrien and young athletes. Why is it that when we see a rapper, they pattern themselves after the flavor of the year. We hearing Future clones all overt he radio. Why is it that we see future pro NBA players, trying to be a Derrick Rose or a Lebron or a Carmelo or a Durant? Instead of finding their own game. I think it's a problem and I take exception with that with Broner because the things he copied from Mayweather are things that could be seen as over the top or questionable. He should mimic Mayweahter's attention to detail and his work ethic. Broner should copy the humbleness and the mature Floyd we're seeing now. Not the Floyd who stole Oscar's gold medal and fought in a club

I also can not go against you about the kid thing, you've stressed it to me and others on here. It's true that he's young, but your making mil's and you have kids. Just off of having kids alone it forces you to grow up quicker then normal, at least in most cases. I haven't seen or heard anything negative about him as far as his kids....but with him in the spotlight, being seen as one of the fighters who will carry the sport in the future, and your making money. You should be shedding the "kid" label. But Nazim said something and it was so profound in regards to this discussion to me. When he said he's just a kid, right before that or after it I forget which, he brought up the fact that Broner is a street type. Those types are known to have "kid like" mentalities. You can be grown physically but mentally your a kid. Maybe just maybe that's what Naz was trying to point out

We, as consumers, have basically just as much rights as the person trying to sell something to us. GB, TR, HBO and Showtime really owe us, not the other way around. When and if we start playing with those ratings and these fighters' money, watch how fast these fights get made. We could see a Broner-Rios and a Floyd-Manny fight. It's funny that way, but when that little piece of green paper starts getting fiddled with and it's not coming in the way they want to, like magic, we get what we want lol

We haven't gotten official numbers for the Mayweather-Guerrero fight but by many accounts it was said to ahve not sold as well as Showtime thought it would. Low and behold a month later we get the announcement of the canelo fight. Now is this a coincidence lol.

I hate to see the backlash and the hatred that fighters like Floyd and Broner get because most of it's not warranted but in Broner's case, he chose to mold his career and image in possibly the most scrutinized boxer of all time. Not only did he do that but he did what said fighter did and multiplied it times 10. If your going to do what Floyd does, then just know that you can;t lose, you can't look bad in a fight, you can't do a lot of things because if and when you do your going to get the backlash and hate that he receives plus your normal hate from those who don't like you any way. He set himself up for this, I think Nazim knows that though he ain't say it

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 5 2014, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 45 46 47
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:59 PM