> where does floyd go after canelo
Jack 1000
post Sep 15 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #31

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Possible opponents from a more realistic chance of happening:

Kahn in England (Huge over there money-wise)

Danny Garcia: Won't be a total bust, but would save us from Devon Alexander (YUCK!) Danny's got a good strong Latin-America/Mexican following with this win over Matthyssee. It could do ok as a PPV, but would need to be lower-priced at say $50, no higher.

Triple G.

Martinez

Broner.

These could all still be mismatches, but they could be thrown out there.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Sep 15 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #32

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 15 2013, 11:16 AM) *

Danny Garcia: Won't be a total bust, but would save us from Devon Alexander (YUCK!) Danny's got a good strong Latin-America/Mexican following with this win over Matthyssee. It could do ok as a PPV, but would need to be lower-priced at say $50, no higher.

Triple G.

Martinez

Broner.

Jack

As of today Garcia & Khan/Alexander winner are the most likely scenarios for May, but things could change with the next 7 months. I believe Martinez & GGG are with HBO so those are unlikely at this point. Martinez and GGG should fight eachother anyways as long as GGG beat Stevens. It doesn't appear that Mayweather and Broner have any intention of fighting eachother right now, but money talks. If Bradley beats Marquez I would love to see that 1 in May, but not sure if thats possible with Bradleys contract with Top Rank.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Sep 15 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #33

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

I'm hoping to see Mayweather vs Garcia get fixed soon. Its pretty clear Danny's corner is smart and reminiscent of Floyd's corner in terms of family.

Its a showdown I'd like to see and the kid's chin is now proven against Matthysse so thi would go all the way.

I'd love to see it. Khan? I wouldn't like to see it even if he beats Devon Alexander mainly cos it just means we're gonna see Khan get KOed by Mayweather.

OR (highly unlikely) it may prove something else and that would be that Mayweather's power is diminishing and maybe he doesn't hit as hard as Danny Garcia.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 15 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 15 2013, 11:16 AM) *

Triple G.

Martinez

Broner.

Jack

I still say Broner and him will never fight, I have doubts that he'll fight over in the UK because he went from saying it's a possibility to Mayweather promotions will be featuring Theopane over there

Garcia is the most logical choice out of all these you mentioned. He really proved his worth in that scrap against Matthyse, he's a worthy opponent for Mayweather right now

I don't see a fight with Golovkin ever happening but the best fight of all is he and Martinez. The only way to get to Floyd is to have some real experience, I said it in another thread last week that Canelo is not his toughest challenge in this 6 fight deal he has. A fighter like Martinez is because he knows all the tricks to the game, the same way Cotto did. Floyd got rocked by Shane, struggled in spots against Miguel. It's not really a coincidence, both fighters have been on the big stage and have the experience to match Mayweather

Maravilla is no different. His style does present issues for Mayweather, only question is what weight will they fight at?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 15 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

The thing about Mayweather-Garcia is that I feel, even while coming off the most impressive victory of his career, Garcia has yet to prove himself against a legitimate welterweight. Plus, I don't see why GBP would want to jeprodize another up and comers undefeated record, especially if the fight would not be at it's full potential of sale. I say keep building him up without feeding him to Mayweather and quite possibly have interest in a future fight with Broner. I think the only possibilities at this point is:

Khan/Alexander winner (mainly hoping its Khan who gets the nod)

Sergio Martinez

Manny Pacquioa

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 15 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Martinez will sprint to showtime, bad knee and all, for a mayweather fight lol.

Golovkin fight isn't happening

Marquez is a free bird so he could get a rematch if he is impressive

Bradley I'm pretty sure is almost done under top rank, but they couldn't draw flies to shit with that fight unless you got the undercard of all undercards

Still feel Garcia isn't ready, him and Alexander would be good to see how he does against a crafty, messy southpaw like devon who likes to dictate all the action and stop his opponents by clinching or staying out of range. Cause if you remember khan was lighting Danny up but khan has no chin, Alexander has a pretty sturdy one and doesn't mind boring the fuck out of people for the W

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 15 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I stil think the mayweather/pacquiao fight happens

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Sep 15 2013, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 15 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 15 2013, 04:34 PM) *
I stil thinkl the mayweather/pacquiao fight happens

So do I.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Sep 15 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I can't see how anyone could have real interest in a Mayweather-Garcia fight. Garcia has no chance. He is smaller than Canelo, slower hand-speed, and not as much power. Danny is EASY work for Floyd and it would be more of the same.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 16 2013, 11:11 AM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

what about floyd/jmm 2?

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:55 PM