> Superbowl and May 4th, Possible Announcement from Mayweather
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 22 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Why not? Every sport does it. I don't want to hear about Kobe and the Lakers problems or how great Lebron is supposed to be. I don't want to hear about a Nortre Dame linebacker who can't get trim from an actual woman but got catfished because he's an idiot. But I do hear about it because its news. And that's the same for Floyd, hes the biggest name in the sport and most likely until he retires he'll grab many headlines and people will talk about him

Dude that was funny as shit! LOL, he is just a dumb ass is what it comes down to. ESPN is reporting that it is Guerrero but I checked May's twitter page and he said it was just a rumor. So we will see. Mayweather is the man in boxing. I love when he fights and the regalia around his fights its fun and it is great for boxing. I am more excited about the undercard I want to see what they got going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Dude that was funny as shit! LOL, he is just a dumb ass is what it comes down to. ESPN is reporting that it is Guerrero but I checked May's twitter page and he said it was just a rumor. So we will see. Mayweather is the man in boxing. I love when he fights and the regalia around his fights its fun and it is great for boxing. I am more excited about the undercard I want to see what they got going.

I think he knew. If that was me I'd be on suicide watch, I wouldn't want the world to know I was doing the eharmony lol.

I'm waiting on the announcement as I plan to be in attendance for this fight, so I hope it's a worthy opponent he faces

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 22 2013, 07:10 PM) *
That is the point of this discussion, not so much who he is fighting but when the announcement will be made and how. Since it is Superbowl week it would be a marketing genius if he announced it during the Superbowl.

I agree that it would be a picture-perfect time to announce the fight...maybe the opponent selection is what I was getting at. Imagine if he'd announced the Pacquiao fight last year during the Super Bowl...epic. This year, its lost a bit of spark because of Manny's loss, but it would still do great numbers. I just cant imagine people getting hype for a commercial of Mayweather vs Guerrero, lol.

Somebody needs to put that dude (or dudes) on YouTube that do those Gorilla Productions videos, on their payroll. Those type of videos are much needed for the sport...much needed.

+Quote Post
OneOne
post Jan 24 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,619

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Stop lying Dolomite, I know you read this lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...r-deal-drags-on

It make sense from a marketing and a financial aspect, the viewers during Super Bowl weekend is a target demographic and also, Mayweather and his team like to say his fights are events and that their the Super Bowl of boxing. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an announcement at or around that time

Plus, GB the rumors are that Canelo won't fight on Mayweather's undercard unless he gets a guarantee that Floyd is his next opponent, I read where GB said earlier this month that they wouldn't finalize Canelo's next opponent until the end of January. I kinda knew then this would drag out the way it has

I work in marketing and PR and it makes perfect sense. His PR is Swanson Communications and their one of the best around, what ever avice he's getting I'm sure it's great

It does NOT make perfect sense. The Super Bowl is the most hyped and most covered sports event in the world. It literally overwhelms everything else that is going on at the same time. Trying to get media attention for a May boxing event during the last few days before the Super Bowl is a waste of time. What little may be written or reported will be lost in a sea of NFL hype. No one wants to hear about a fight that is three months away when it's the day before the Super Bowl.

And Swanson is NOT Canelo's PR. Swanson is Golden Boy's PR, so Swanson helps publicize Golden Boy fights, including Canelo fights.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 24 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2013, 11:56 AM) *
I agree that it would be a picture-perfect time to announce the fight...maybe the opponent selection is what I was getting at. Imagine if he'd announced the Pacquiao fight last year during the Super Bowl...epic. This year, its lost a bit of spark because of Manny's loss, but it would still do great numbers.[b] I just cant imagine people getting hype for a commercial of Mayweather vs Guerrero, lol. [\b]

Somebody needs to put that dude (or dudes) on YouTube that do those Gorilla Productions videos, on their payroll. Those type of videos are much needed for the sport...much needed.

Haha I agree there. He would probably get more backlash if anything, don't like the idea of this but could definitely see it happening.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (OneOne @ Jan 24 2013, 12:16 PM) *
It does NOT make perfect sense. The Super Bowl is the most hyped and most covered sports event in the world. It literally overwhelms everything else that is going on at the same time. Trying to get media attention for a May boxing event during the last few days before the Super Bowl is a waste of time. What little may be written or reported will be lost in a sea of NFL hype. No one wants to hear about a fight that is three months away when it's the day before the Super Bowl.

And Swanson is NOT Canelo's PR. Swanson is Golden Boy's PR, so Swanson helps publicize Golden Boy fights, including Canelo fights.

I have 9 yrs of marketing and PR experience, I think I know what qualifies as what would be a great marketing strategy as I've been putting together marketing plans for companies like Pepsi, Armani Exchange, etc. I also disagree with your claim that the fight would get little attention, just because you don't like it doesn't mean a majority's of people wouldn't. He used this strategy before when the Super Bowl was in Indy and the people flocked to him at the festivities that week

Oh and I DID NOT say Swanson was Canelo's PR rep, she does GB but she also works with Floyd outside of the fights he has with GB fighters. Do the research

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 24 2013, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 25 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2013, 09:56 AM) *
I agree that it would be a picture-perfect time to announce the fight...maybe the opponent selection is what I was getting at. Imagine if he'd announced the Pacquiao fight last year during the Super Bowl...epic. This year, its lost a bit of spark because of Manny's loss, but it would still do great numbers. I just cant imagine people getting hype for a commercial of Mayweather vs Guerrero, lol.

I checked out the Gorilla production for Mayweather on youtube I got so hyped watching it, I forgot I was at work. I am still saying that an announcement during the Superbowl would be great publicity. Everyone will be tuned in! Why not? Now if his opponent is Guerrero I am going to be pissed off anyway, word is that Saul will be fighting Trout so that will be interesting if that is true, who knows with
GB (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 24 2013, 11:33 AM) *
Haha I agree there. He would probably get more backlash if anything, don't like the idea of this but could definitely see it happening.

Backlash is still publicity no matter how great or good it is. Depending on the opponent we shall see... I am excited anyway, I love when the dude fights.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 24 2013, 02:19 PM) *
I have 9 yrs of marketing and PR experience, I think I know what qualifies as what would be a great marketing strategy as I've been putting together marketing plans for companies like Pepsi, Armani Exchange, etc. I also disagree with your claim that the fight would get little attention, just because you don't like it doesn't mean a majority's of people wouldn't. He used this strategy before when the Super Bowl was in Indy and the people flocked to him at the festivities that week

Oh and I DID NOT say Swanson was Canelo's PR rep, she does GB but she also works with Floyd outside of the fights he has with GB fighters. Do the research

I only been doing PR and Marketing for 5 and I have to say it has been good to me. I have worked with Apple and some other companies but my favorite was Girls and Boys Club and 4H, that was awesome. The people were so energetic!

Swanson worked with Mayweather also Swanson represents some other big name athletes, if I am not mistaken I think Labron James hired them for some stuff, I have to check and see but I think they represented him for some stuff.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jan 25 2013, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 25 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Indeed it is, I was lucky to find the profession when I did. I paid my dues in the industry and I'm at a good place with my career now. I do mostly entertainment based marketing as in music, movies, video games, etc. But I have experience and do sports related stuff as well. My passion for Boxing got re-energized because of marketing. I handled the marketing and even helped create the marketing plan for the World Boxing championships that were held here in Chicago.

I met many of the Olympians from the 2008 and 2012 games from many countries and I also met a lady named Rhonda and her husband who happen to be official judges for the WBC and they helped me a lot as far as marketing boxing events and networking.

Swanson and her company are all over the place, I know she works with some NFL players on some stuff so I wouldn't be surprised to hear she does work with others in other sports... I am also excited about the announcement of the fight. I still believe that it would be smart to announce the fight the week of the super bowl and then detail the dates of the press conference. True enough, it's the super bowl but there will be a nice amount of publicity to gain from announcing during the week

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 25 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 25 2013, 04:05 PM) *
Indeed it is, I was lucky to find the profession when I did. I paid my dues in the industry and I'm at a good place with my career now. I do mostly entertainment based marketing as in music, movies, video games, etc. But I have experience and do sports related stuff as well. My passion for Boxing got re-energized because of marketing. I handled the marketing and even helped create the marketing plan for the World Boxing championships that were held here in Chicago.

I met many of the Olympians from the 2008 and 2012 games from many countries and I also met a lady named Rhonda and her husband who happen to be official judges for the WBC and they helped me a lot as far as marketing boxing events and networking.

Swanson and her company are all over the place, I know she works with some NFL players on some stuff so I wouldn't be surprised to hear she does work with others in other sports... I am also excited about the announcement of the fight. I still believe that it would be smart to announce the fight the week of the super bowl and then detail the dates of the press conference. True enough, it's the super bowl but there will be a nice amount of publicity to gain from announcing during the week

Man that is awesome! I would love to do sporting events but I haven't had the chance yet. That is what I want to focus mainly on. I bet you have a blast, I am basically paying dues right now.

Mayweather knows where the spotlight is at. Just like he was seen during all star weekend last year when he announced that he was fighting Cotto people loved seeing him at the games and during the events. Mr.chitown keep up the good work! Mayweather should announce his fight next week, I will be waiting as well as the rest of the boxing world.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 26 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 25 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Man that is awesome! I would love to do sporting events but I haven't had the chance yet. That is what I want to focus mainly on. I bet you have a blast, I am basically paying dues right now.

Mayweather knows where the spotlight is at. Just like he was seen during all star weekend last year when he announced that he was fighting Cotto people loved seeing him at the games and during the events. Mr.chitown keep up the good work! Mayweather should announce his fight next week, I will be waiting as well as the rest of the boxing world.

In the end it'll all pay off, just do good work and build relationships and it's easy.....as far as Mayweather, I'm looking forward to the announcement, but sometimes I do wish he and his team wouldn't do the cat and mouse game but I understand that it's to build anticipation.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:32 AM