IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lebron James going to Miami, Do yo like it?
JD
post Jul 13 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #31

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 13 2010, 11:28 AM) *
it's because the championships are more valuable to him monetarily, then being the man on a shitty team. His biggest dollars come from endorsements and contracts, not just here, but worldwide. No one gives a shit about a great player that doesn't win, just ask Karl Malone & Dan Marino. If Dan Marino had a championship, he wouldn't be doing slimfast commercials.

Pretty much. I read an interesting article a couple of months ago about how LeBron's biggest market was not NY or Chicago or Cleveland...it was China. The way to crack that market was not to go anywhere specific, but to win titles, like Kobe did. Once Kobe won trophies, he became an icon in China.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 13 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,253

Tue enough, Rusty.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jul 13 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #33

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 13 2010, 11:32 AM) *
Pretty much. I read an interesting article a couple of months ago about how LeBron's biggest market was not NY or Chicago or Cleveland...it was China. The way to crack that market was not to go anywhere specific, but to win titles, like Kobe did. Once Kobe won trophies, he became an icon in China.

That's exactly right, the Chinese market is massive, and they care about rings. Lebron is doing what is best for Lebron, because the love of all the assholes in Cleveland is worth a goddamn thing. When will people get through their heads that athletes shouldn't be looking out for anyone but themselves, the people will watch whatever you shove in front of them and are fickle. I love how people think Lebron betrayed them, like he fucking matters, there are probably a ton of politicians and dirty businessmen ripping the people of Cleveland off in a way that really affects them, but Lebron leaving is what they care about.(and it's not just cleveland)

oh, and by the way,Dan Gilbert is only really pissed off because his cash cow just left town.

This post has been edited by rusty_trombone: Jul 13 2010, 11:08 AM

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 13 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #34

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

OK just to keep this in perspective, Lebron didnt owe the club any warning at all. how many times do the owners tell the players that they are part of a teams future plans only to start making calls trying to trade or dump the player as soon as he leaves the exec's office? It happens all the time. For once the player had enough power to put the shoe on the other foot.

Secondly, I remember the calls that Jordan couldnt win a title in chicago. finally he did break through and win though.. the big differance is the salary cap now. Cleveland is strapped for cash, and they were not gonna get much better because of moves they made. Lebron could have went to the playoffs there every year, like alan iverson did in philly, and like Iverson at the end of the day have nothing to show for it. he gave cleveland 7 years. He owes the city nor the team anything, he played by the free agency rules.

As for the owner, calling james a quitter.... The mans team took a hit in value when lebron left of $100 million, thats why he was pissed, not because a player decided to go to a new team.

And as for Kobe and Mj compaired to Lebron.

Kobe almost left LA, but the lakers made moves to keep him. Look at his history in fact, he has been the man on only 2 championship teams. Before that he was on shaq's team. And make no mistake those were shaq's teams. And kobe has an all star cast around him in LA now.. He didnt have to leave because the stars were brought to him.

As for MJ, best player I have ever seen, most complete player i have ever seen by far, And dont give me the kobe compaiaisons either because it isnt even close. but MJ too had very very good role players around him.

Lebron moved on, so what? So did Kevin Garnett.

In the end nobody slams you if you change your job, so why slam him? This like many other things will be forgotten in time. And his image will not even be tarnished for to long if they win. Winning solves alot of things

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: Jul 13 2010, 07:38 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 13 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 1,253

Thank you, R&G

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 13 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #36

First Ballot

Kobe is no MJ...he has better players around him on a whole, but he is the best in the league right now.

MJ was just unreal, and in time, it is funny how the players around him are perceived the be better than they really were. Outside of Pippen, there was a lot of mediocrity around him.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 13 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #37

Welterweight

Dennis Rodman is one of the best rebounders I ever saw

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 13 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #38

First Ballot

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 13 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Dennis Rodman is one of the best rebounders I ever saw

Definitely, but Jordan had already won three without him on teams that were far from loaded.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 13 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #39

Guests

QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 14 2010, 01:28 AM) *
it's because the championships are more valuable to him monetarily, then being the man on a shitty team. His biggest dollars come from endorsements and contracts, not just here, but worldwide. No one gives a shit about a great player that doesn't win, just ask Karl Malone & Dan Marino. If Dan Marino had a championship, he wouldn't be doing slimfast commercials.

That's pretty much what I thought. You can correct me if I am wrong, though as far as I know. Lebron James was at least on par or seems liked just as good of a player as Kobe, according to stats and other opinions. The difference between them was championships and is why he is rated higher than Lebron.
That's the gist of it I got anyways.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 14 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #40

Welterweight

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2010, 12:12 AM) *
Definitely, but Jordan had already won three without him on teams that were far from loaded.

I agree, but that being said, Jordan had a far superior supporting cast to what Lebron was stuck with

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:31 AM