IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

checkleft
post Feb 27 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Too funny. Go ahead red, drop out of the fight.

I will actually lose respect for Floyd if he gives on to these demands. Hope he puts up ishe vs cotto as the undercard instead to teach ginger a Fucking lesson then rematches cotto in September (which Floyd has reserved already I heard)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 27 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #42

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

A King does not bow before a prince...... Canelo better learn some respect for real. Lack of reverence for Floyd will get you nowhere.

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Feb 27 2013, 02:43 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 27 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #43

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Time out so Canelo is finally fighting somebody of worth and he's walking around like he's got the biggest dick in the orgy? Fuck outta here man! I liked Canelo but this is bold. You're going to give Mayweather an ultimatum? His biggest fight was against a washed up Mosley. These young fighters are getting to big for their britches.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 27 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #44

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

this dude is crazy. he hasn't paid his dues yet.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 27 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 27 2013, 03:47 PM) *
Time out so Canelo is finally fighting somebody of worth and he's walking around like he's got the biggest dick in the orgy? Fuck outta here man! I liked Canelo but this is bold. You're going to give Mayweather an ultimatum? His biggest fight was against a washed up Mosley. These young fighters are getting to big for their britches.

Sheeeit. Thank many of the cats on this sight. The young guys see the way Mayweather is worshipped and defended tooth and nail for his bullshit cherry picked fights over the years. The young up and comers think thats the way to go. I cant blame em.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 27 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

With the big six ist thats being touted, there stands a major issue of losses. IF(when) Canelo loses to Trout, he loses to Mayweather too. Then Mayweather wont fight Trout for various reasons, mainly because I think Trout is with Haymon. Trout goes on and fights Angulo and wins. Canelo goes on and loses again to Kirkland. In the Meantime Cotto goes on and outpoints Ishe Smith and gets a belt. This sets up Cotto/Mayweather 2. So in all of this, Mayweather has honored 2 fights... I can keep going...

Mayweather beats Cotto and still has Trout looking at him. Thats not gonna happen, so Trout fights Kirkland and wins. Meanwhile, Canelo loses to Molina. Angulo hangs himself on his leash but manages to beat Ishe Smith. Mayweather takes on Kell Brook and surprisingly loses a SD. Then its over...

Ofcoarse it could be over if Guerrero wins too...

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 27 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #47

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

So apparently Canelo "Flexed" his muscle and now will be fighting on 20April2013 against Trout rather than on the FMJ vs Guerrero PPV. Canelo may have officially played himself. He has done "NOTHING" to warrant believing he can dictate a Veteran of FMJ's caliber. While I am glad that he is still fighting Austin Trout, he robbed himself of a major opportuniTY to promote himself on a card that will be (more likely) be watched by more people over all.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 27 2013, 08:27 PM) *
So apparently Canelo "Flexed" his muscle and now will be fighting on 20April2013 against Trout rather than on the FMJ vs Guerrero PPV. Canelo may have officially played himself. He has done "NOTHING" to warrant believing he can dictate a Veteran of FMJ's caliber. While I am glad that he is still fighting Austin Trout, he robbed himself of a major opportuniTY to promote himself on a card that will be (more likely) be watched by more people over all.

i'm not so sure he played himself. he's going to be the A side to his own show and he's fighting a worthy opponent. if he should win....he's beat a solid opponent. since it's on showtime and not ppv...i'm not sure how his viewership comes into play if and when they negotiate the terms.

honestly....canelo/trout is a much bigger fight, significance wise...than floyd/guerrero. no one expects guerrero to win. on paper...this looks to be an easy fight for floyd. not so for canelo/trout. i think trout should win...but this is by far a much more even fight between two guys who are at the top of their games at this point. i'm more excited about this fight.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 27 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2013, 08:05 PM) *
i'm not so sure he played himself. he's going to be the A side to his own show and he's fighting a worthy opponent. if he should win....he's beat a solid opponent. since it's on showtime and not ppv...i'm not sure how his viewership comes into play if and when they negotiate the terms.

honestly....canelo/trout is a much bigger fight, significance wise...than floyd/guerrero. no one expects guerrero to win. on paper...this looks to be an easy fight for floyd. not so for canelo/trout. i think trout should win...but this is by far a much more even fight between two guys who are at the top of their games at this point. i'm more excited about this fight.

Darn, beat me to it... Let me add, from some of the rumors I've read on various sites, Canelo would fight on Floyd's undercard if there was some type of guarantee of a Mayweather/Canelo in September. Sounds like there's no guarantee. Also Canelo is testing his market value by doing this. This is smart and right on his part. Mayweather counts all of Canelo's numbers on his PPV if Canelo fights on the undercard. Now they will both have to stand alone and see who is the bigger draw. I think Canelo's numbers may surprise us all due to the Mexican fan base. They love this guy. Personally, I ain't paying for either.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 27 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Darn, beat me to it... Let me add, from some of the rumors I've read on various sites, Canelo would fight on Floyd's undercard if there was some type of guarantee of a Mayweather/Canelo in September. Sounds like there's no guarantee. Also Canelo is testing his market value by doing this. This is smart and right on his part. Mayweather counts all of Canelo's numbers on his PPV if Canelo fights on the undercard. Now they will both have to stand alone and see who is the bigger draw. I think Canelo's numbers may surprise us all due to the Mexican fan base. They love this guy. Personally, I ain't paying for either.

I don't think Canelo's #'s will come into play because for one it's just going to be on Showtime and two he hasn't been a big draw as far as tv ratings. Broner's ratings are higher then his. Broner drew 1.4 mil and peaked at 1.5 mil. Canelo's last fight didn't even peak at 1.1 mil. He brought in a 1.01 mil viewership

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 11:17 AM