> Forum's Most Dramatic Fights & Rounds of All-Time
ko.puncher
post Dec 18 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,554

QUOTE(HANDZ OF STONE @ Nov 8 2003, 01:00 PM) [snapback]34161[/snapback]
FOR ME MY FAVORITE ROUND IS CAMACHO VS CHAVEZ ROUND 9. ITS SO UNDERRATED, IF THE GUYS FROM HBO TELEVISED THAT FIGHT THAT ROUND 9 WOULD OF BEEN MORE KNOWN i haven't seen as many great fights but i do have gatti-ward round 9 on my pc so thats another great round.

Hey all u boxing fans lets not forget trinidad and vargas fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
redmonlee
post Sep 3 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 10,489

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

This post has been edited by redmonlee: Sep 3 2009, 10:27 PM

+Quote Post
redmonlee
post Sep 3 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 10,489

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.

property internet management software project document asset This internet management software is perfect for your document and web company property internet management software project document asset

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Sep 5 2009, 02:41 AM
Post #4

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Hawkins @ Mar 7 2004, 02:00 PM) *
I don't think this is the site for you.

Your views don't match any rationale fight fan, expert, insider or fighter themselves, that I have ever run accorss. A Poll in the Ring from 1997? Got a cover date?

Every ranking I have come accross in the Ring whether it be the top 50 fighters of the past 50 years, in which Ray was #5 or the 80 best from the last 80 years in which Ray was #9 or Detloff's top 20 Most Important fighters of all time, which is different from pound for pound, Ray came in at #15.

The poll here was done by the regulars from the Classic section. Reading a comment such as "Ray would not be in my top 10 list if I ever decided to waist my time on one but I'm sure he'd make it in the top 100 once I started to run dry of names.

Also,Ray Leonard is highly over rated on your list too..

Kinda exposes the type of credibility that you bring to the table. I think it would be safe to say that it is lacking.

Don't waste your time here.

Hawk

I'm with Cherry on his opinions on your P4P list..Benny Leonard in my opinion is over Duran as well..I do appreciate you takin the time to do it but it was pretty crazy to me as well..Larry Holmes would not be above Joe Louis..I have Joe Louis at #1 at heavyweight..I also would have Archie Moore above Charles at light heavy..Yeah,Charles beat Archie at light heavy but I believe Archie was the better fighter..Archie and Charles is pretty debatable though so I won't call ya out on that one..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Sep 5 2009, 02:42 AM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 5 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 5 2009, 07:41 AM) *
I'm with Cherry on his opinions on your P4P list..Benny Leonard in my opinion is over Duran as well..I do appreciate you takin the time to do it but it was pretty crazy to me as well..Larry Holmes would not be above Joe Louis..I have Joe Louis at #1 at heavyweight..I also would have Archie Moore above Charles at light heavy..Yeah,Charles beat Archie at light heavy but I believe Archie was the better fighter..Archie and Charles is pretty debatable though so I won't call ya out on that one..

LOL you quoting Hawkins. Hawk was banned from thsi site a long long time ago. I got on quite well with him but he was a arrogant egotistical bastard who was merciless to anyone who did not have some serious classics knowledge.

Here are some old links to the classics with some timeless Hawkins for you

Hawkin's imploding (don't fuck with Hype)

Duran vs Mayweather

Bert Sugar's latest list...

All these threads have long departed members

This post has been edited by STEVENSKI: Sep 5 2009, 08:16 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Sep 6 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #6

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 5 2009, 07:57 PM) *
LOL you quoting Hawkins. Hawk was banned from thsi site a long long time ago. I got on quite well with him but he was a arrogant egotistical bastard who was merciless to anyone who did not have some serious classics knowledge.

Here are some old links to the classics with some timeless Hawkins for you

Hawkin's imploding (don't fuck with Hype)

Duran vs Mayweather

Bert Sugar's latest list...

All these threads have long departed members

Thanks for the links..The one where he is going on about Farhood is ridiculous..hahaha..Too funny!!All that because "Farhood is a nerd of boxing"..Good read for sure..

+Quote Post
patdylan
post Nov 25 2009, 04:31 AM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 10,655

There are many great rounds but the old mongoose Archie Moore's comeback against the undefeated dirrell was awesome, Moore got up four times in the first round got knocked down again and came back to win it in the latter rounds. The fight between George Foreman and Ron lyle was an epic heavyweight slug fest that was a larger more competitive version of Hagler Hearns except both fighters kissed the canvas.

+Quote Post
ROSCO
post Dec 26 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 10,686

[
ALI FRAZIER THE TRILLA IN MANILLA

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jun 21 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #9

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Antwun Echols vs Charles Brewer... this was tremendous three round shoot out...

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jul 14 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 5 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Ali v Frazier I, round 15.

draw-damn that is an intense round! i thought rounds 11-15 are great.
the moments where ali is literally on his heels, flying towards the ropes, from a frazier punch are dramatic as hell, man. you could not choreograph that shit for a movie.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:52 AM