BrutUalBK
post Mar 26 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 25 2013, 02:45 PM) *
One more topic for good measure.

When I unfortunantelly read about Mosley getting into that ring once more, I've started wondering. People are quick to judge these days and immeditaly there were commnts about Mosley being broke. I know about his legal issues and lawyer fees because of his divorce, but is there any evidence or proof that he is getting back because of it? Same with James Toney or Roy Jones. People are talking about their bad or none investments at the beginning of their careers but is there any proof that they have these issues now and that's why they fight? Couldn't it be only the fact that they got their brains beaten out of their skulls? Or everyones favorite - they fight because they love the sport ?
If you have any websites or credible sources, please..poste them up. I am curious to see what's the deal...

No, they're fighting to get paid!! bottom line!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 26 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

They all fighting for the money. How can people NOT know that RJJ's money problems are almost as bad as Holyfield's.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/455347-...list-gone-wrong

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/4/8/209800...austin-stiverne

He claims his IRS troubles have been settle but I read on a networth site that his money is still lookin funny

No need to link Shane's money problems because that bitch of an ex-wife is the reason he still fights and it's common knowledge that she cleaned him out in the divorce

They all having some sort of financial crisis, none of the fighters named are exceptions. That's what happens when you piss your hard earned money away

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 26 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Might as well put James Toney's thuggin ass in here.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2010/10/on-e...-purse-withheld

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/dan...ke-james-toney/

Shit's disgusting how they blow money

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 26 2013, 10:53 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 26 2013, 05:14 PM) *

People who usually do not have money do not know how to keep it. They think those big paydays will be forever. They don't invest properly and what is more they buy shit that has no return value. These guys should take a class in economics and money management. They always find out the hard way too late. Plus fathering a bunch of kids is a sure way to deplete your cash flow.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 26 2013, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 09:53 PM) *
People who usually do not have money do not know how to keep it. They think those big paydays will be forever. They don't invest properly and what is more they buy shit that has no return value. These guys should take a class in economics and money management. They always find out the hard way too late. Plus fathering a bunch of kids is a sure way to deplete your cash flow.

You just described those who are not in the 1%.....most people don't have money but most people don't piss the bucks they have a way like some athletes tend to do. They get spotlighted because they've been on tv but the issues they face monetarily is regular people shit...with that said I find it so mind boggling how someone can make 100's of millions of dollars and it be squandered but then again I have never had that kinda money so I don't know what it's like. I hope for the day that Tyson, RJJ, Toney, Mosely, even Holyfield (though he's my least favorite boxer of all time) actually dig out of their financial holes. Pacquiao will be in this conversation when his ring days are over and he sees he has nothing to his name

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 27 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 26 2013, 08:14 PM) *

Damn...I had no idea Toney sounded that bad. He was always ignorant as hell (and entertaining), but I seriously needed a leap frog to understand him in this video.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 27 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 27 2013, 11:04 AM) *
Damn...I had no idea Toney sounded that bad. He was always ignorant as hell (and entertaining), but I seriously needed a leap frog to understand him in this video.

I kinda noticed it maybe last year or late 2011, he definitely doesn't sound the same

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 27 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 27 2013, 06:12 PM) *
I kinda noticed it maybe last year or late 2011, he definitely doesn't sound the same

Dude sounds worse than me after a trip to the bar during a 2-for-1 special. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 28 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 27 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Dude sounds worse than me after a trip to the bar during a 2-for-1 special. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

It is so depressing to watch him and Roy and Shane continue to press on when it's so apparent that the sport has surpassed them. Father time is undefeated and they can't seem to grasp this concept

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 1 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 28 2013, 04:49 PM) *
It is so depressing to watch him and Roy and Shane continue to press on when it's so apparent that the sport has surpassed them. Father time is undefeated and they can't seem to grasp this concept

Right. I'm telling you bro, these dudes hardly have any other stream of revenue outside of boxing, especially after some of the bad investments I've seen boxers make over in the past.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but these dudes probably have that "If I can survive for 30 mins (10-rounder) or 36 mins (12-rounder), I can make (insert dollar amount)"

If you can make that much money in that short bit of time, then why not keep fighting? It's hard to watch, but these dudes have bills like us. Problem is, they create bills that are outside of their post-career budget. Everything that Tyson does nowadays, goes straight to the IRS, and those were his words. Who wants a 20-acre mansion on their hands after boxing is over?

Gotta keep that yard cut and trim. Gotta maintain that outdoor pool. All of this happens before we even step in the home. Utilities are probably a bitch when you live in a mansion. On a good month, my utilities are around $250...on a bad month, I'm looking at about $400. Imagine having a 10-bedroom house/mansion, with high ass ceilings.

Dont forget about that big ass aquarium at the front of the house that keeps running. Dont forget about the kids playing the PS3 all night...ESPECIALLY in the summer time. Oooweee...I know those dudes cough up over a grand a month in utilities. Let's not forget about property and luxury taxes.

Living life above your means is a fat bitch! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:54 AM