Cshel86
post Aug 28 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 28 2011, 01:37 PM) *
floyd jr always give his dad credit.

just watch the beginning of the episode.

its just that both floyd jr and sr have huge egos.

also it seems like floyd sr never gives credit to roger.

Yes they both have big egos, but Sr. may want to check his a little more often. He got the whole boxing thing started, but he fucked up along the way. There was only so much he could've done about getting shot in the leg, but the prison situation was all of his actions. He may want to thank God that Jr.'s ego and resentment towards him wasn't so big, that he abandoned him after his reease from prison. Now that would've been something for Sr. to be pissy about if you ask me. Again, he started the boxing tradition, but everybody as "mature adults" took their own path in boxing. He cries about Floyd thinking that he did everything on his own, but if Sr. discredits Roger's work, then he is basically saying that Floyd trained himself...which is far from the truth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 28 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #42

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

i think Ortiz might be kind of slow. you can just look at him and tell his brain doesn't have much activity going on.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 28 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #43

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:49 PM) *
As far as his "fiancee" goes she is a typical one. The only thing that seemed to be real about her was that rock that she had on. Women like that come with the territory. Just watch Basketball Wives..... Well what he said about the legal issues "fuck it" right now he has to be a professional which means he has to block out all distractions. Maybe the ring is his place of peace where he can forget about all the problems. I do not think Ortiz is a smart enough boxer to hang with May, I do not see that with him. I have May by a stoppage in round 10

you sound kind of jealous. Ellerbe probably is too. you two can team up and end the relationship, just don't let Leo get some alone time or he'll be the rebound. this girl does seem like she's about the money though. it's like that girl Married to Lamar Odom, i watched their show one time and all she talked about was "our money" and "we need to".

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 28 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #44

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:07 PM) *
I watched it. It was an interesting episode but it sure wasn't amusing. It was sad. You can't believably script that kind of anger, resentment, and dysfunction. That was real, and it was sad to watch. Both of them crossed the line but at least Floyd Jr. made some good points. Old Floyd never works with any of his clients for very long, he couldn't train anyone while he was locked up, and he really wasn't worth a whole lot as a fighter. Best trainer in the world? He's not the best trainer in his family, and I'm not all that sold on Roger's work.

Best part of the episode? Miss Jackson. Good Lord. Just let her host the damn thing.

Did anyone else notice Floyd talk much more fondly of Fidy than he did his cover...I mean 'fiance', Miss Jackson?

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 28 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #45

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 28 2011, 02:22 PM) *
you sound kind of jealous. Ellerbe probably is too. you two can team up and end the relationship, just don't let Leo get some alone time or he'll be the rebound. this girl does seem like she's about the money though. it's like that girl Married to Lamar Odom, i watched their show one time and all she talked about was "our money" and "we need to".

What is there to be jealous about? She is a very pretty woman. But she in my opinion seems a bit manufactured. This is from the outside looking in. They could be deeply in love with each other and have a serious connection, I do not know. I am judging by what I saw. I mean when he went to kiss her she just touched his cheek with hers. Maybe she has issues with public display of affection. I am just telling you right now, if May wasn't May, Miss Jackson would be with another baller. Its no big deal, as long as they are happy. I am sorry that you wasted minutes of your life watching Lamar and his wife. Really feel for you on that one.

They argument between Sr. and Jr. was hard to watch. Really sad. I am sure there are many issues between the two. Let's hope next week they can show the two of them speaking or at least apologizing each other.

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Aug 28 2011, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 28 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #46

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

Let's hope it doesn't end like Marvin Gay Sr & Jr did.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Aug 28 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #47

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 28 2011, 03:10 PM) *
i think Ortiz might be kind of slow. you can just look at him and tell his brain doesn't have much activity going on.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 28 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Let's hope it doesn't end like Marvin Gay Sr & Jr did.

Both of these men are smart and admit their hangups with the other.. they also have a mutual respect when it comes to their differences and controversies steming from their diffrencies relative to the media, and their use to keep the mayweather name in the media. Bottom line.. the Sr and JR relationship is a big part of the Mayweather mystique... MARVIN GAY was dopefiend who truly hated his father.. no concrete parallels here BEARDO

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 28 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #48

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Both of these men are smart and admit their hangups with the other.. they also have a mutual respect when it comes to their differences and controversies steming from their diffrencies relative to the media, and their use to keep the mayweather name in the media. Bottom line.. the Sr and JR relationship is a big part of the Mayweather mystique... MARVIN GAY was dopefiend who truly hated his father.. no concrete parallels here BEARDO

Didn't say there were any parallels. But when you start calling your father a faggot etc, you are askin' to get sonned. BTW, I saw no respect going down there. "I'm not junior."

In other words, I hope one of them does not end up dead prematurely.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 28 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Hope Floyd has that prenuptial agreement locked and loaded for this blow-up doll of a fiance' that he's showing off. He should be looking at Shane's new "liability" that he picked up in midst of all of the other bullshit he's dealing with. A man with Floyd's money (or millions period) is similar to a woman's vagina...no guy is going to do anything for you, make you feel like somebody, etc without the hopes "getting some". It just doesn't work like that, when you have that much money. Those legal fees aint no hoe either, whether you beat the case or not, it still COSTS, and it costs nasty money in Floyd's case.

1. Flashy lifestyle (clothes, money, cars, homes, entertainment, etc)
2. A bunch of leeches on your camp ("I dont even know everybody's last name"...not good)
3. 4 children (currently battling baby mamas for $65k+ a month in child support)
4. 6 pending court cases ($$$)
5. Taking care of immediate family ($$$)
6. A blow-up doll waiting to cash out ($$$)
7. Getting old in a physical sport that you cant compete in forever, and it's you primary source of income (bad situation)

If #6 pops out a few crumb-snatchers and plays her cards right, then any amount of money that he brings in will be taxed to the fullest extent...aside from #3, which is gonna be there forever. Maybe we will see this dude fight EVERYBODY that calls him out after a while, because #3 and #6 is a bill that will never be paid off. No more long layoffs...

This post has been edited by cshel86: Aug 28 2011, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 28 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 1,253

When he was going off about how dominant he's been for the past 16 years, all's I was thinking is, well, you weren't even active for a handful of those years.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:03 AM