> Whos in the right?, Canelo not budging from 154 Floyd not budging from 147
mrchitown
post May 17 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 06:06 PM) *
floyd made it a big deal that pac was having catchweight fights and made it a point to fight cotto at 154.

canelo is killing himself to make 154 and should really be at 160.

floyd is in the drivers seat and can fight who he chooses. he doesn't need canelo.

canelo has really done nothing...outside of fighting trout (which i thought he wouldn't and i thought he loss) to earn a shot at floyd.

i'd say floyd is in the right....and canelo should just go ahead and fight cotto....and press for the floyd fight after that. that will slowly build his case....because we know he ain't dropping to 147.

with all that being said...i don't see floyds next fight as a ppv event with the available opponents out there.

You better get your eyes checked because it's going to happen

Look at the numbers he did with that stiff Guerrero...it can be viewed as a good thing in the sense that he carried the whole PPV and did those numbers but it also can be looked at negatively because he can seemingly fight the likes of anyone and make a profit and not have to challenge himself. Canelo's the biggest fight out there for him so why fight him now. They should and probably will just let it keep building
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 17 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 01:10 AM) *
If your going to critique then you should critique both sides. Canelo hasn't done anything of note to warrant such demands. You sound like the people around him. I truly believe that the idiots he calls managers and trainers are filling his head with delusions that he's bigger then what he really is. Not many casual fans know who he is and tell me who he's beaten..I don't count Trout because I felt he lost that fight. He's made a career off of beating up smaller fighters. Cintron and Lopez had no business being in the ring with Canelo. And they had moments against him

Mayweather is at the top of the sport of boxing whether some like it or not. He's the boss, so in my mind he's in the right. Canelo needs to keep putting in the work and I believe the fight will come and I think it does take place at 154 eventually but not this year. Like I said Mayweather's the boss and in this situation Canelo is like the employee. How the fuck an employee gon dictate to the CEO. Where they do that at? If your going to make a point against Mayweather you should look at the case against Canelo too

yes floyd is more popular, been around longer, makes more money, etc....what does that have to do with him demanding a weight that another fighter can't make? thats like when roy jones said he'd fight lennox lewis IF he could get 100 million. well thats just another way of saying you don't really want to fight lennox lewis. wanting to fight canelo ONLY at 147 is another way of saying you don't really want to fight him. he should just say that and give up his jr middleweight title since he can't fight jr. middleweights.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 17 2013, 08:17 AM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 17 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #13

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 02:10 AM) *
If your going to critique then you should critique both sides. Canelo hasn't done anything of note to warrant such demands. You sound like the people around him. I truly believe that the idiots he calls managers and trainers are filling his head with delusions that he's bigger then what he really is. Not many casual fans know who he is and tell me who he's beaten..I don't count Trout because I felt he lost that fight. He's made a career off of beating up smaller fighters. Cintron and Lopez had no business being in the ring with Canelo. And they had moments against him

Mayweather is at the top of the sport of boxing whether some like it or not. He's the boss, so in my mind he's in the right. Canelo needs to keep putting in the work and I believe the fight will come and I think it does take place at 154 eventually but not this year. Like I said Mayweather's the boss and in this situation Canelo is like the employee. How the fuck an employee gon dictate to the CEO. Where they do that at? If your going to make a point against Mayweather you should look at the case against Canelo too

Yeap!!! THE MOTHERFUCKER scraped out a victory in his last fight... he needs to shut the fuck up he and his team and find out (REALLY THINK) how they can make money outside of salivating to fight MAYWEATHER, the highest paid athlete in sports who wins EMPHATICALLY every time out!!!

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 17 2013, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 17 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 02:10 AM) *

So a 154 pound fighter wanting a fight at 154 is making a demand? There is a huge difference between making a demand and getting on your knees for a guy. Canelo can't make 147. I think he could do a CW but that hasn't been talked about. Foyd's camp is saying the fight has to be at 147 and that just isn't reasonable.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 17 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 10:57 AM) *
So a 154 pound fighter wanting a fight at 154 is making a demand? There is a huge difference between making a demand and getting on your knees for a guy. Canelo can't make 147. I think he could do a CW but that hasn't been talked about. Foyd's camp is saying the fight has to be at 147 and that just isn't reasonable.

Actually, it's quite reasonable since Canelo still has milk on his breath and Mayweather is the richest fighter in the sport. End of the day, Canelo shouldn't even be fighting at 154. Tired of these motherfuckers draining, then blowing up 20lbs on fight night and acting like the little guys they challenge are pussies when they decline. Sack up and fight somebody in YOUR weight division. Mayweather fought Cotto at 154 but he wasn't 154 on fight not. I'm not saying Floyd should or shouldn't take the fight. I'm saying why, if you're at the peak of your sport, should this green motherfucker get to call shots? I can see the argument for a catchweight or even Floyd fighting at 154...but I don't get where Canelo and his camp get the audacity to be making demands. Trout was your only impressive win...and it was a close fight.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 17 2013, 10:54 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 17 2013, 11:31 AM) *
Actually, it's quite reasonable since Canelo still has milk on his breath and Mayweather is the richest fighter in the sport. End of the day, Canelo shouldn't even be fighting at 154. Tired of these motherfuckers draining, then blowing up 20lbs on fight night and acting like the little guys they challenge are pussies when they decline. Sack up and fight somebody in YOUR weight division. Mayweather fought Cotto at 154 but he wasn't 154 on fight not. I'm not saying Floyd should or shouldn't take the fight. I'm saying why, if you're at the peak of your sport, should this green motherfucker get to call shots? I can see the argument for a catchweight or even Floyd fighting at 154...but I don't get where Canelo and his camp get the audacity to be making demands. Trout was your only impressive win...and it was a close fight.

What is Canelo's best bet at this point then? He can't make 147. He just physically can't do it. So when Floyd says it has to be made at 147, what should Canelo do? What response could he give Floyd where you wouldn't feel like he is trying to "call all the shots"?

If Canelo was talking about a 50-50 split or t hat the fight needs to be in Texas then you would have a point. A 154 pound fighter requesting a fight at 154 or even a CW is NOT trying to call all the shots.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 17 2013, 10:56 AM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 17 2013, 10:31 AM) *

147 is reasonable for a guy who shouldn't even be fighting at 154?

simple question, if Floyd is a champ at 154 and is on record saying that weight don't win fights and that he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can't he fight canelo at 154? i want somebody to answer that without mentioning Floyd's money or Canelo's lack of accomplishments. irrelevant to the question. if it's because canelo is too big, that goes against everything Floyd has ever said.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 17 2013, 11:03 AM

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 17 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 07:56 AM) *

simple question, if Floyd is a champ at 154 and is on record saying that weight don't win fights and that he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can't he fight canelo at 154? i want somebody to answer that without mentioning Floyd's money or Canelo's lack of accomplishments. irrelevant to the question. if it's because canelo is too big, that goes against everything Floyd has ever said.

It's a duck by floyd plain and simple theres no argument

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 17 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 17 2013, 12:16 PM) *
It's a duck by floyd plain and simple theres no argument

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 17 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 08:54 AM) *
What is Canelo's best bet at this point then? He can't make 147. He just physically can't do it. So when Floyd says it has to be made at 147, what should Canelo do? What response could he give Floyd where you wouldn't feel like he is trying to "call all the shots"?

If Canelo was talking about a 50-50 split or t hat the fight needs to be in Texas then you would have a point. A 154 pound fighter requesting a fight at 154 or even a CW is NOT trying to call all the shots.

Same way Canelo made jr. welter weights and light weights blow up to 154 his young ass can drop down to 150. Floyd did fight at 154 but he never came in at 154 for and Cotto didn't weigh 170 fucking pounds on fight night. That is the difference. canelo hasn't done a damn thing to demand anything. Floyd is not some up and comer Canelo is letting his well brushed red head is getting to him.

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 08:56 AM) *

Why can't Canelo fight GGG, Chavez Jr., or Martinez? Why did Canelo have to fight light weights and jr. welter weighs and not 154 fighters in his weight division. Canelo is a middle weight let's be real. He comes in at 170! which means Mayweather is giving up 20 pounds already. My question is, why is it okay for Canelo to demand light weighs and jr welter weights to blow up already to 154 in order to fight him? How come he can't drop down to 150? he is only 22 years old. hell if Broner jumped two weigh classes to fight Paulie what the fuck is wrong with Saul dropping down to 150? He hasn't done anything. He hasn't even cleaned his division out. Lara and Kirkland have been begging for a match with Saul, maybe he should fight them before calling out a welter weight.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 09:02 AM