IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET), 9PM(CT), 7(PT): Bradley vs. Alexander, SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later: No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Jan 29 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all the action and reaction to tonight's fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 29 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

I've made my mind up for this one. Tim Bradley wins a clear and pretty wide unanimous decision. Alexander is unable to adapt in a fight and he basically boxes exactly the same way from start to finish. He also telegraphs his punches in the way he sounds like an orgasmic lesbian prior to throwing every shot. His poor performance against Kotelnik is more worrying when you consider he failed to work out the very basics...I mean Kotelnik, with his high guard and stiff jab gave Alexander all the problems he could handle and Devon didn't know how to adjust.

Alexander will be countered regularly by Bradleys left hook because he throws that southpaw jab from too far back and Tim will also land his swooping overhand right. Don't get me wrong, this is a good fight and Tim might climb off the floor if he gets caught but he's proven he can do that, he has an excellent will-to-win attitude and he knows how to adapt.

Tim Bradley 117-110 or something like that.

I'm standing by this all the way and I'm looking forward to it big time.

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Jan 29 2011, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,658

I going with alexander....5th round knockout (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 29 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #4

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I'm on the fence on this one......

I don't know if Bradley's gonna try to steamroll him like he did Campbell (ref stoppage earlier than expected) or wear his ass out for the full 12...

Bradley is comin' off more focused/intense than ever...which makes me think Alexander will have to stop him to get the win...

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Jan 29 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

Bradley always comes into the ring with an excellent game plan. He is always focused and intense, and his wins have been very impressive. This fight isn't a hard fight to pick for me. I think Bradley wins this one convincingly, no closer than 8-4.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jan 29 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Man I'm excited for this fight. Of course, I'm excited for every fight. I think Alexander is going to dominate Bradley. Tim Bradley, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated fighters in the sport right now. He's accomplished a lot, and I'm not calling him a bad fighter, but I just don't see him being in the top echelon of the sport. He's wild at times, comes in wreckless, and is there to be countered. Alexander is a pretty good counter puncher, and he's going to stun Bradley badly with those uppercuts. Bradley will be tentative to come in, and that's really his plan in there. Alexander, I believe, is taller than him. I think Alexander stops him in 7.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 29 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

2 glasses of Whiskey to whet my appetite...CHECK.

1 XL Porterhouse steak from Costco, 1 loaded baked potato, and 2 glasses of Pinot Noir...CHECK.

2 glasses of Cognac to digest my meal...CHECK.

1 good buzz and the anticipation of a big fight building...CHECK.

2 bottles of Big Slim's Bourbon County Stout waiting so I can get druuUUNK... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 29 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 29 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Tim Bradley, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated fighters in the sport right now.

I can't help but feel the same thing. I love his tenacity, but he doesn't have the punch to dominate a top fighter like Alexander.

I've been thinking that the only way Alexander can win is by ko, but the more I think about it I think that if Alexander could just establish his jab he could actually win a rough but semi-easy fight in the 8-4 range.

I'm really surprised at how excited I am for this one.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jan 29 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #9

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

It's on Sentral and gentlemen.

I have no idea how this fight's gonna go. And that makes it that much better.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Jan 29 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 29 2011, 09:21 PM) *
2 glasses of Whiskey to whet my appetite...CHECK.

1 XL Porterhouse steak from Costco, 1 loaded baked potato, and 2 glasses of Pinot Noir...CHECK.

2 glasses of Cognac to digest my meal...CHECK.

1 good buzz and the anticipation of a big fight building...CHECK.

2 bottles of Big Slim's Bourbon County Stout waiting so I can get druuUUNK... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

Starting off the boxing year properly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile_anim.gif)

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:50 PM