Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Superbowl and May 4th, Possible Announcement from Mayweather
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

The Superbowl brings millions upon millions of viewers. The halftime show, commercials and of course the game (GO 9ers). What better way for Golden Boy and Mayweather Promotions to announce the lineup for May 4th? I think Ellerbe and the gang may be thinking about doing this. Mayweather is known for announcing his fights on the heels on major sporting events so why not on the biggest sporting event in America? I think it would be awesome publicity. Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jan 21 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

"I think it would be awesome publicity."

^ I totally agree. It is a great idea. Do you just have a hunch they would consider doing that or did you hear a rumor?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 21 2013, 10:08 AM) *
"I think it would be awesome publicity."

^ I totally agree. It is a great idea. Do you just have a hunch they would consider doing that or did you hear a rumor?

I don't have any inside connection to either camps but it would make sense. Marketing is my job, so looking at the biggest marketing day for sports, if I was Mayweather's PR or over marketing I would be in his ear all day and night telling him to do nab a spot for Superbowl Sunday.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Stop lying Dolomite, I know you read this lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...r-deal-drags-on

It make sense from a marketing and a financial aspect, the viewers during Super Bowl weekend is a target demographic and also, Mayweather and his team like to say his fights are events and that their the Super Bowl of boxing. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an announcement at or around that time

Plus, GB the rumors are that Canelo won't fight on Mayweather's undercard unless he gets a guarantee that Floyd is his next opponent, I read where GB said earlier this month that they wouldn't finalize Canelo's next opponent until the end of January. I kinda knew then this would drag out the way it has

I work in marketing and PR and it makes perfect sense. His PR is Swanson Communications and their one of the best around, what ever avice he's getting I'm sure it's great

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2013, 04:00 PM) *
Stop lying Dolomite, I know you read this lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...r-deal-drags-on

It make sense from a marketing and a financial aspect, the viewers during Super Bowl weekend is a target demographic and also, Mayweather and his team like to say his fights are events and that their the Super Bowl of boxing. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an announcement at or around that time

Plus, GB the rumors are that Canelo won't fight on Mayweather's undercard unless he gets a guarantee that Floyd is his next opponent, I read where GB said earlier this month that they wouldn't finalize Canelo's next opponent until the end of January. I kinda knew then this would drag out the way it has

I work in marketing and PR and it makes perfect sense. His PR is Swanson Communications and their one of the best around, what ever avice he's getting I'm sure it's great

mrchitown!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) I somewhat stand accused, I saw the headline on ESPN but I hate Dan Raefel as a writer and a boxing consultant so I didn't read the article. So I guess I did piggy back on the headline. He is with Swanson? I had an intern with them in DC when I was an undergrade!!! How cool.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jan 21 2013, 07:17 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2013, 05:41 PM) *
mrchitown!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) I somewhat stand accused, I saw the headline on ESPN but I hate Dan Raefel as a writer and a boxing consultant so I didn't read the article. So I guess I did piggy back on the headline. He is with Swanson? I had an intern with them in DC when I was an undergrade!!! How cool.

I don't like him either, he's biased towards certain fighters in my opinion.... Yes, he's with Swanson, I don't know how long he's been working with them but I do know he's been with them since at least the Cotto fight from last year

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Why do we constantly bring up Mayweather's name, and he's yet to utter a peep about who he's fighting?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 22 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Why do we constantly bring up Mayweather's name, and he's yet to utter a peep about who he's fighting?

That is the point of this discussion, not so much who he is fighting but when the announcement will be made and how. Since it is Superbowl week it would be a marketing genius if he announced it during the Superbowl.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 22 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Why not? Every sport does it. I don't want to hear about Kobe and the Lakers problems or how great Lebron is supposed to be. I don't want to hear about a Nortre Dame linebacker who can't get trim from an actual woman but got catfished because he's an idiot. But I do hear about it because its news. And that's the same for Floyd, hes the biggest name in the sport and most likely until he retires he'll grab many headlines and people will talk about him

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 22 2013, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 23 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

At some point we have to stop blaming him and start blaming ourselves. He's saying nothing and we are sitting around discussing him and getting mad at him about it lol It's like calling someone to tell them you're giving them the silent treatment lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:50 PM