IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Chavez-Lee (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later), No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
Cheesey1
post Jun 16 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 16 2012, 11:55 PM) *
Not impressed by Chavez still. He's going to either have to move up in weigh or fight Sergio. I think both will spell disaster. He still gets hit entirely too much for my liking. If Chavez fought a guy like Ward, I think he would get the breaks beat off of him.

Agreed. Also Sergio won't stay on the ropes and let Chavez tee off on him.

Please JCC Jr. fight Martinez before moving up. Please!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 16 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #42

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Hate to say this, but Sergio would get his ass kicked. I STILL believe people are holding on to the Williams knockout, but it's clear as day that Sergio isn't as powerful as people give him credit for...he's just accurate.

Accuracy doesn't mean much when a guy can take your punch all night, which is the case with Julio. Sergio (to me) has shown that he cant really make mid-fight adjustments. He's consistent as hell, dont get me wrong, but after his opponent is able to switch things up (even it's done to help them survive), Martinez has problems making adjustments.

We see these late knockouts because by Sergio, because his opponents are worn down by that time. At times, they switch up to survive, but then get tired of Sergio's pace, so they eventually fold down the stretch.

I dont see Chavez doing any of the above. His stature has gotten him this far...anytime a guy can step on the gas and work from the bottom up (like Chavez just did), then it always spells trouble. NOW, if Sergio can come out and execute the game plan of a possessed man and religiously goes to the body with conviction, then we may see something different. Sergio is a small middleweight, unlike Julio.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 16 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:10 AM) *
Hate to say this, but Sergio would get his ass kicked. I STILL believe people are holding on to the Williams knockout, but it's clear as day that Sergio isn't as powerful as people give him credit for...he's just accurate.

Accuracy doesn't mean much when a guy can take your punch all night, which is the case with Julio. Sergio (to me) has shown that he cant really make mid-fight adjustments. He's consistent as hell, dont get me wrong, but after his opponent is able to switch things up (even it's done to help them survive), Martinez has problems making adjustments.

We see these late knockouts because by Sergio, because his opponents are worn down by that time. At times, they switch up to survive, but then get tired of Sergio's pace, so they eventually fold down the stretch.

I dont see Chavez doing any of the above. His stature has gotten him this far...anytime a guy can step on the gas and work from the bottom up (like Chavez just did), then it always spells trouble. NOW, if Sergio can come out and execute the game plan of a possessed man and religiously goes to the body with conviction, then we may see something different. Sergio is a small middleweight, unlike Julio.

I really hope that they make Martinez vs. JCC Jr. I'm picking Sergio all day!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 16 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #44

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:13 AM) *
I really hope that they make Martinez vs. JCC Jr. I'm picking Sergio all day!!

That would be the saddest day that we see. The "smart pick" would be Sergio because of his track record, but the "shit your pants" pick would be Julio...and he's more than likely win you some money.

The more I see Martinez fight, the more ordinary he looks. The more I see Chavez fight, he looks more and more unbeatable due to his massive frame at MW. Now, if he didn't rehydrate to 180+, then he wouldn't be able to take punches the way he does.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jun 16 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:10 AM) *

I've been saying that about Sergio all along. That Williams KO was a once in a lifetime shot against a guy who his there to be hit. I hope the fight gets made... Sergio needs Chavez, Chavez doesnt need Sergio.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jun 16 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #46

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Do you guys think Chavez vs Martinez will be on PPV?

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jun 16 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #47

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

Apparently, Chavez refused to take a pre-fight urine test.

Hmmm....

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 16 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 17 2012, 12:27 AM) *
Apparently, Chavez refused to take a pre-fight urine test.

Hmmm....

Let's see if he "has to" take one after the fight. Probably not...Im sure he's on his way to the club right now.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 16 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #49

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 16 2012, 11:59 PM) *
It all started w/ Vivian Harris in the Carlos Maussa fight.

Started before that lol Lewis was a hard headed motherfuckr. Sucker for the same punch his entire career

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 17 2012, 02:43 AM
Post #50

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Not impressed,

Shit I even had Chavez behind in the Manfredo fight 3-1. He's just so average. He might rise to the occasion against Martinez and it will be a good fight, but I don't think Chavez will win. I am so sick of Lamply's pom-pom cheerleading! Why can't he go back to the great announcer he was ten to fifteen years ago?

Jack

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:16 PM